Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two and a half days post op

So I had my sleeve gastrectomy on Monday at around 2 pm EDT.. it's now 107 am on Thursday early morning.. and I just got out of the hospital earlier today.. so far all I've had is half orange juice/half water.. about 45 ounces or so and now I have a big container of room temp water.. that I've sort of been sipping on the last hour.. ok only one sip so far.. but ya.. I'm trying my best to deal with all the pain and stuff.. it's not super easy but I'm ok. Just wanted to share where I was at.. this has been a long process getting to this point and it's almost surprising to me that I really full on went through with the surgery.. no regrets.. I'm happy I did it.. I just want it to stop hurting when I try and drink something hah..

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, chuckwalsh said:

So I had my sleeve gastrectomy on Monday at around 2 pm EDT.. it's now 107 am on Thursday early morning.. and I just got out of the hospital earlier today.. so far all I've had is half orange juice/half water.. about 45 ounces or so and now I have a big container of room temp water.. that I've sort of been sipping on the last hour.. ok only one sip so far.. but ya.. I'm trying my best to deal with all the pain and stuff.. it's not super easy but I'm ok. Just wanted to share where I was at.. this has been a long process getting to this point and it's almost surprising to me that I really full on went through with the surgery.. no regrets.. I'm happy I did it.. I just want it to stop hurting when I try and drink something hah..

Congrats and kudos on the proper mindset. It's a tough road, but it's worth the journey!

So. I'm going to keep a mini journal with this thread I think.. anyone else who wants to do the same please feel free.

Woke up after only a few hours sleep.. not really tired strangely. My mind wants to eat.. I keep getting the desire to eat something.. which I'm certain would go badly.. so here I am.. drinking my oj and Water mix.. so far so good.

Hang in there, you are doing great. It's the head hunger and getting used to eating so differently that I struggled with the longest. I had a hard time with Water and found the tropical punch Protein waters and that was life changing as I didn't want shakes at that point.

Get your rest and get ready for a wonderful year where everyday you will likely have a little nsv if you look for it. I'm excited for you! Cheers.

9 hours ago, chuckwalsh said:

Congrats! I'm looking forward to being where you're at now.

Congrats on your surgery. Times may at times get tough but know you have us here as a shoulder to lean on if needed. Good luck on recovery and the road ahead.

730 pm.. had broth for the first time tonight.. and ugh.. it was gross :P. But I dealt with it and got it down.. took some stool softeners as well.. hopefully I'll be able to go no. 2 in the next day or two.. I'm not super stressed about it.. like 75 Pct of all tv commercials are about fing junk food.. it looks good bah.. be strong chuck.. remembering that I've been there and done that helps.. I just need to be strong.

broth was disgusting. I wound up cooking some with seasoning onions and carrots. Helped out quite and bit. Also picked up some flavorless Protein Powder to add when drinking it. Made Jello and pudding and added the Protein to it as well. Wound up freezing the pudding as it would not set for some reason and liked it better that way.

A suggestion from me? What J San. said, very good but something I like from Walmart. They make what they Vegan Vegetable broth, it is almost like a Soup already, Aldi's is runny ,clear, tastes like "damaged water" but this stuff from Wal-Mart, pretty good stuff. Used it as a soup base instead of V8 before surgery, like it as it is now post-surgery, small amounts gently warmed up.😛🍛

Saturday morning.. stomach has been rumbling like crazy since last night.. I still feel hungry.. but like full at the same time.. well not full.. but like it feels like theres something there.. I tried to convince the fam that low fat string cheese wouldn't be a bad option.. and got shot down so fast.. oh well.. here's to more watered down juice hah.. was told by the fam that they noticed my legs were losing fat in them.. it's only been almost a week.. 5 full days now.. hard to believe its noticable already but who knows?

sugar free popsicles are a lifesaver :) also triple zero yogurt when you’re ready

Been suffering with a feeling of light nausea, stomach pressure and the slight feeling something's sitting in my throat since yesterday.. not sure what's going on.. feel pretty crappy. Still have yet to use the bathroom, hoping that's not what's causing this.. praying for it to get better..