Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Y’all.. I just had a second non-weight happy dance moment!!! I can sit criss cross on the floor with my students!!!! I’m soooo excited!!!!

I was able to zip up my winter coat!

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome!!!! I have not even tried mine.. I keep avoiding the situation.. lol

Hey everyone! I see there are some great victories being posted, I am officially 50lbs down from my highest weight!! so I wanted to share with everyone too! Congrats to everyone on their personal victories as well. How is everyone doing? I am still in soft foods, but loving this stage, I am getting in a lot more Protein, but need to figure out how to get space for the carbs? I did start coffee again, many of you already know my TMI issues and to be honest halfway through the cup of coffee I was in the bathroom and it was glorious, so small cup is what I am drinking and add in an extra glass of Water to compensate for dehydration effects... Miralax stopped working, I see my Dr next week and hopefully we can brainstorm a bit together. I am also hoping to get cleared to do a bit more activity... next week. I could stay in the stage forever lol. hope you are all doing well!

What are some of your favorite things to eat in soft foods so far?

I’m loving flounder right now and cannot seem to get enough of it.. I could eat it for all 6 meals!

1 hour ago, Sealeafi said:

What are some of your favorite things to eat in soft foods so far?

I’m loving flounder right now and cannot seem to get enough of it.. I could eat it for all 6 meals!

my days are pretty much the following:

wake up scramble egg with a little bit of cheese mixed in.

drive to work drink 24 to 32 ounces of Water

Protein Shake, and 20 ounces of tea.

Lunch- deli sliced turkey low sodium, or shrimp, or turkey meatball, or Bolognese sauce.

way home from work- drink 24 to 32 ounces of water

dinner- salmon (my number one choice) plus able to eat over a few meals instead of egg will have this, and then same for lunch, works out great. flounder easy peasy but my toddle and husband will share this with me, Bolognese sauce is easy to make. there is a place by me called captain chucky's and they make the best unbreaded crab cakes ever and they also do them in three ounce portions amazing. Ground turkey and gravy has gone over pretty well too. Like I said I focus on the Protein first but have also tried to up some carbs have done well with cooked carrot, broc, mushroom, and Beans. but I can hardly fit them in. I usually split dinner into two segments to maximize protein.

Snack: slice of turkey or a shrimp (again protein lol)

Bedtime usually another 16 to 24 ounces of water.

my calorie intake seems to be ranging 500- 650 a day red meat even lean seems to bring it up and my carbs are ranging from 9 to 19 a day.

chicken is still hit or miss I find trying things a few times before giving up, and still trying to add in a new item, for instance each veg a day I try to make a new one. I find that when I have the higher calorie days I am having the higher carb day and I see the scale move a bit more.

oh I also did the ricotta bake with ground beef in it so so so good.

Sorry that's happened to you, I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. I've been stalled for 10 days now (started 3 days post op) - it blows my mind. Having it happen right after surgery is the worst, that's right when we could really use the motivation of seeing the scale drop
Hang in there it will come! Believe me it will start to melt like you are a snowwoman!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-T837T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/29/2018 at 6:53 AM, Sealeafi said:

Starting the preop today! Some of us on here are having surgery this week!!! I’m so excited for all the ones having it on the 1st!!!! We are here cheering you on as you’re leading the way for the month. 😊

On 10/29/2018 at 6:53 AM, Sealeafi said:

Starting the preop today! Some of us on here are having surgery this week!!! I’m so excited for all the ones having it on the 1st!!!! We are here cheering you on as you’re leading the way for the month. 😊

One month post op. Trying different foods and have tolerated more than expected. Haven't tried Pasta or pizza and careful with spicy food. Baking pork chops tomorrow with aparegus. No barbeque yet. Seems to be doing better on foods with more substance.

Yay, I get to start mushy foods today! Breakfast was some scrambled egg with cheese :). lunch will be 2 tablespoons of regrows Beans with a little cheese. I’m supposed to have a Protein Shake between but I’m wondering if I’ll be able to drink a whole one. So glad to be done with the liquid post-op diet!

1 hour ago, Awa said:

Yay, I get to start mushy foods today! Breakfast was some scrambled egg with cheese :). lunch will be 2 tablespoons of regrows Beans with a little cheese. I’m supposed to have a Protein Shake between but I’m wondering if I’ll be able to drink a whole one. So glad to be done with the liquid post-op diet!

Congrats!! when I first started I broke my shake into two did half in the am between meals and half in afternoon.

Muscle pain 5 weeks out? anyone so past few days I have been doing a bit more, House work, etc, nothing really heavy lifting, but been a little more active outside of my walking daily. mid day I have been having some soreness? No pain when eating or drinking, it is more when moving right along the line of where all my incisions are mid line? Is it healing pain? It has also been really cold and I find myself trying to keep warm a little more? When I go to be and wake up no problems? I am seeing the dr. Monday but wanted to see what you all have to say? TIA

I have a weird pain in a similar location.. but it’s when I lay on it, and it just started this week- I’m 4 weeks out. It’s not terrible but it is annoying. Keep us updated from your appointment on Monday!