Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

@KentuckySteve, good luck with the additional calories. When I was eating 500 calories I almost fainted at work and I'm a foot shorter than you are. Some things I find easy to eat with more calories are avocados, cheese, hummus, and smoothies with fruit and Protein Powder. Good luck!

55 minutes ago, KentuckySteve said:

hey everyone just giving a update had my 1 month check up this week and was feeling pretty good about it was down almost 30 pounds since the surgery and thought dang im doing pretty good only to go in and talk to the dietitian and she telling me that if i dont start eating more im gonna be very malnutrition i was only eating about 500-600 Calories and less than 30g carbs and fats with well over 130g Protein . So she gives me a plan of getting in a minimum of 900 calories with 90+ Carbs and 40+Fats and im looking at her like you crazy? and she said for your build and your highth you need to get as close as possible to these totals. that was Tuesday i have got as close as 82 carbs and felt like i was gonna be sick all day from forcing my self to eat so i just dont know what to do about the whole eating thing but on the bright side i did sign up for the gym on Wednesday and have went the last 2 morning doing 1 hour on the treadmill both days so that felt good i get to start weight lifting next week. my highest weight i remember seeing was like 410 , i was 352 day of surgery a and as of this morning i am weighing in at 315. happy holidays to everyone

WOW! She is right though you height does mean you need more carbs and fats, but in everything else it sounds like you are doing amazing!! Congrats! I am going in for my month on Monday.... even though it will be a month and a half lol!

I was sleeved on nov 27. I’ve lost 17.5 lbs as of today. I feel like I’m eating too much already. Can y’all tell me how often and what y’all are eating throughout the day?

I was sleeved on 11/28. For me, eating kinda sucks. I eat most of a scrambled egg for Breakfast. I have 1-2 tablespoons of regrows Beans for lunch, and maybe some cream of chicken Soup with some chicken chunks (wellchewed). I try to get in some Protein Shake or high Protein yogurt between meals. And maybe a sugar free popsicle at night. The first lunch of received beans came back up - at work :(.

Why does my spell check substitute “regrows” or “received” for “refried”????

I was sleeved 11/29 and Im barely eating! Was able to drink a Protein Shake the other day, it’s not nausea or anything. I’m just NOT hungry and forcing myself to eat just makes me feel sick. I def need more Protein and calories. I’m on the puréed stage... can anyone in this stage give me an example of what you eat or ate during this time??

1 hour ago, courtwade said:

Is anyone seriously taking 30-45 min a meal to eat?

I was told a meal should last 30 minutes - after 30 minutes, stop eating

1 hour ago, theresamtz said:

I was sleeved 11/29 and Im barely eating! Was able to drink a Protein Shake the other day, it’s not nausea or anything. I’m just NOT hungry and forcing myself to eat just makes me feel sick. I def need more Protein and calories. I’m on the puréed stage... can anyone in this stage give me an example of what you eat or ate during this time??

I was sleeved 11/26. Personally I'm obsessed with scrambled eggs; tuna with mayo also goes down well. I don't puree, I just chew extremely well.

That said, I'd love to eat more, but I can't cause it interferes with meeting my liquid goals right now - so I don't eat as much as I want to. food goes down well for me, just make absolutely sure you wait at least half an hour after eating to drink. My guidelines say to wait half an hour, but I personally think I need to wait longer, as if I drink sooner I may get sick.

It usually only takes about 15 minutes for me to get full, even with taking small bites and chewing well.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:05 PM, theresamtz said:

Hey ladies! 7 days out.. the last two days were hell!!! Bother emotional and physical. Extremely nauseous, throwing up, stomach aches. Seems like I am only able to eat ice chips and some sips of Water and Powerade. Def not even going to try the Protein, just thinking about it makes me gag! I cannot smell any food now or look at it without wanting to puke! And every time I sip my Water I feel these spasms in my tummy! EVERY TIME! Incision pain is okay now, only my main one still hurts and is a bit sore. But I can deal with that. I see my surgeon on the 10th for my 2 week follow up and I’m hoping to get some good news. Hope everyone is having a better day! This is all so insane, we made a life changing decision and it’s not easy. But we got this!

Yes we have got this! Hopefully you will get some relief when you see your surgeon. Are you on anti nausea meds? My surgeon told me to call in if I needed them. Maybe that could help.

I was sleeved on the 30th Nov and I’m also finding food tedious. I have loads of head hunger but when I go to eat something my restriction kicks in after a few bites and then I get turned off the food. I keep making my portions smaller because I hate throwing away food but as soon as the restriction kicks in that’s my appetite zapped.

In terms of what I’m eating I love the ricotta bake gonna add some ground beef to it next time to boost the Protein content, retried Beans with some cheese and guacamole is delicious. I find eggs tough threw it all up after having it the other morning so I’m turned off them for now.

I find i can can tolerate most foods that are saucy or sloppy so long as I chew them properly. I can’t purée food because that turns my stomach so I opt for chewing extra well and avoiding anything dry.

This was close to my purée phase: although I struggled to really eat until about week 4.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

3 hours ago, courtwade said:

Is anyone seriously taking 30-45 min a meal to eat?

I was sleeved 10/15/18 and nope. For better or worse I could always eat and drink Water find and had to make a concerted effort to eat more slowly. Can I make 4 oz. last 30 min? NOPE It would be good if I could, though. My friend had a bypass and she can only eat very slowly.

That's because with a stomach the size of a turkey egg, what it doesn't accept you wear. Three months plus and PreciousPouch enforces that rule often!

4 hours ago, Starry*Night said:

I was sleeved 11/26. Personally I'm obsessed with scrambled eggs; tuna with mayo also goes down well. I don't puree, I just chew extremely well.

That said, I'd love to eat more, but I can't cause it interferes with meeting my liquid goals right now - so I don't eat as much as I want to. food goes down well for me, just make absolutely sure you wait at least half an hour after eating to drink. My guidelines say to wait half an hour, but I personally think I need to wait longer, as if I drink sooner I may get sick.

I found when I started eating more I started loosing weight twice as quick, if your not eating enough your body thinks your starving and hangs on to it. The first week and a half I drink even if I was hungry to get enough fluids but when I started eating when hungry and drinking anytime it crossed my mind even when not thirsty I lost way more this week,go figure right. As far as the don't drink before or after eating at least for now I'm drinking anytime I can and it doesn't seem to effect my eating seeing how after I eat I can only get a sip or two anyhow. Try eating more and see how it works.