Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a potential LapBander... I have my initial consult with my primary physician tomorrow morning....I am 100 pounds over weight and my BMI is over 40......Im nervous that somehow I wont qualify for the procedure...and I have tried EVERYTHING to loose weight and keep it off. I am 32 years old, I have been dealin with this for most of my life! I really think this is the answer for me....

I will keep you posted, and it is great to see sooo many sucess stories on line...from what I have read.

Thank you for your time and I will be chatting soon!

Later

Best of luck to you on your journey to better health! Isn't it a shame that we have to hope we have bad enough health problems so insurance will o.k. us for a band? Hopefully, someday all insurance companies will acknowledge that tools like the band can certainly decrease or completely stop health problems, reduce RX expenses, surgeries, and early deaths.

thanks for the support guys. I am nervous/anxious all at once. this is a great group. i have been browsing all day it seems. I will let you know what happens. I am sure this time around the PCP will just give me a name of a surg and we will go from there.

Im soo happy to be here...

talk to you soon...im off to the doctor!!

later

Good luck. We are glad to have you!

Welcome aboard. These are great folks in this group. Lots of brain power and collaborative effort. Dont be afraid to ask questions as there are no dumb questions. The thing I admired the most about the folks in here is that they all pull together to try to help you out where they can. Good luck to you.

This does seem like a VERY supportive group...THIS IS AWESOME....The visit with my pcp today was VERY positive...He agreed that this is the best step I could take...and gave me the name of a surgn in our area...about 20 minutes 25 minutes from my house! I called the office today to get the ball going, and well, the lady said, I would love to help you but we have an emergency situation here, can you call back monday! Well, of course I said yes, but the little voice inside of me keeps yelling WHAT WAS THE *(&^%$ EMERGENCY!!! Yea a little scarey!!! I will ask when I call back monday. My PCP said that he would be more than happy to write a letter of medical support when it is needed too!! How cool is this! I thought that he was gonna waste my time and money suggesting yet another diet drug.....or program....or what ever! I know its a long trip from here to surgery...but Im ready for it! Psych evals, cardio, and what else.....I need to get my med recs together as far as programs right? I am just sooo excited I wanna get this all done NOW.... I think my father is just as excited as I am.....wow, he can't get enough info about this!! He is so supportive because he knows how important this is for me. I have been in this battle all my life basically and its gonna be over soon!!!! AND I WILL WIN

I do tend to go on...I like to write....so I will stop for now! Talk to you all soon! Thank you all for the welcome and well wishes!!

LATER

Just wanted to let yas know, I contacted the surgeon today and I have an initial appointment with them for Feb 10th. They will be sending me a packette of info that I need to fill out and bring with me at the time of the appointment....and I do have to undergo psych eval....Im not concerned with it, but I wanna get thru this as quick as possible. I guess these steps are put in place so that people dont go into it haphazzardly....not like getting a tattoo...(which I have 4 of).....I guess I could be impulsive at times....and I guess they want to make sure of my committment. I can't wait! I am so excited. I have been thinking of all the clothes I could wear when this is all over.....I am thinking of all the things I can do with my son that I can't do now.....How life is going to change....IM UP FOR IT.

So did you ever find out what the big emergency was that kept her from scheduling you Fri? Just curious. The local surgery center near me seems to have the same set-up you are facing with the psych eval, etc. You will probably have a nutritionist appt regularly and other pre-op and post-op stuff...lots of hoops to jump through and documentation to provide. Whatever it takes, I say! I am not banded yet and I am self-pay (my insurance does not cover Lap Bands) so I started looking into going to Mexico. I think it's a good option for me.

Thanks for your intro and good luck! Keep us posted on your progress. You Go Girl!