Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have been still upchucking. today. Somebody earlier said they had buyers remorse, don't, have that, just fearful something went wrong,with the construction. That is silly, my surgeon is uber-smart, very talented, maybe I. produced faulty tissue for him to work with. Just feeling too rotten to feel right at the moment.

Frustr8, have you been prescribed and are you using anti nausea medicine (onsdansetron aka zofran)? It can help a lot with post operative nausea and vomiting

On 09/15/2018 at 17:27, elmatador said:

Mandy1013, it gets better. The first two weeks are really hard, everyone has regrets, everyone! But you’ll start to feel better, the weight will start coming off, and you’ll remember why you made this choice, and you’ll be grateful you took this positive step for your long-term health.
I really don’t care if i lose any weight right now. If i could take this mess I inflicted upon myself back, i would in a heartbeat!! Today has been another day from hell. I cannot even find 1 thing to drink that doesn’t make me gag. I’ve given up on trying to get Protein. It isn’t happening. If i could be put into a medically induced coma until I feel normal again, I’d voluntarily go!! It’s better than not waking up at all, which has crossed my mind too.

Mandy, it sounds like you are really struggling. Have you spoken with your surgeon and their team? Dehydration can be a vicious cycle - being dehydrated makes you feel nauseated, then you don’t drink, and on and on. Experiment with hot and cold drinks, sour and sweet. It was weeks before I could do Water, it was those bottles of Bai that got me through week 1.

On 09/15/2018 at 18:13, elmatador said:

Mandy, it sounds like you are really struggling. Have you spoken with your surgeon and their team? Dehydration can be a vicious cycle - being dehydrated makes you feel nauseated, then you don’t drink, and on and on. Experiment with hot and cold drinks, sour and sweet. It was weeks before I could do Water, it was those bottles of Bai that got me through week 1.
I have called them several times this week. Yesterday they told me go to the ER for fluids at the hospital where surgery was done, which is 40 + miles away vs my local ER, which is less than 10 miles away. They said they couldn’t do anything else for me on a Friday afternoon. I did call throughout the week though. They sent in another rx for more zofran, 8 more pills. I’m mot supposed togo back for my next appointment until 9/19.

Did you go for hydration?

On 09/15/2018 at 18:21, elmatador said:

Did you go for hydration?
Not yet. Idk what the final straw I should look for should be. I don’t want to go and it not be necessary. I’ve never felt this not in control of my own body before. Scares the hell out of me. I just want to find something I can drink. I actually liked the Protein Shakes and the Nectars before surgery. Everything is just wrong now.

On 09/15/2018 at 18:13, elmatador said:

What is Bai?

Nice water-based drink,in multiple flavors and tastes. Justin Timberlake is their spokesman on their commercials.

What frustr8 said! They tend to be on the tart side which worked best for me (not too sweet) and they have a little caffeine which helped w headaches and energy

@elmatador yes I had been taking

them 8am-4pm-10pm, one of the few. I don't have to grind.
Should I switch,to Soy,i have AdvantEDGE in my fridge. Only,thing that has stayed down in day-and - half, 2 T unsweetened applesauce yesterday afternoon, was trying to keep up with other meds until,i realized I am only fertilizing the foliage around here.
My BM since they,opened up this week? I call butter-poo, sticks to me instead of falling into toilet.
my upper chest is getting so sore, over my sternum where,I have my highest incision port scar. I am glad. OSU,sent me home with that stack,,of blue barf bags, what a Godsend they have been.
What do I do now? I confess I am "snake bit" but this state of affairs. Is this too trivial to bother my surgeon with? He is 50 miles away, if he wants me to come,to him, emergency squad only,option, don't drive, don't even,own a car anymore,loca l community hospital staffed by buffoons, know more about floor mops than an bypass patient.
Ready to turn my back on Stage #3 items, maybe my body just wasn't ready.

Help Any veterans who,can make sense of this and point me in the right direction. Life shouldn't be THIS HARD!

For me once the decision was made and approved I was actually really calm and matter of fact about it. It wasn’t until I was checking in the morning of my surgery did my nerves finally kick in. Like big time