Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for sleeve surgery in November. Now that I've been approved I am a little excited and scared but not too much but I think that's because it still doesn't fell "official" or real to me yet. I meet with my surgeon again in October and by then I am sure I will be terrified!

I am still pre op. I was scared at the beginning but then realized that everything I do, I do for my children, often sacrificing myself. This is something I am doing for me, because I realize I need some TLC, too. Actually, I deserve it!

I'm 13 days from having my surgery. I can't say i'm not scared, but I am very nervous. I'm worried about missing out on the things I enjoy in life. Beer, parties, being social and going out. I'm sure with time those will go away, but right now, 13 days out.... I'm nervous.

No Tears , entertain no Fears , you are embarking,on A Great Life Journey. And all,those things you are worried about are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I thought I couldn't live without coffee, now when I am released to go,back,to,it, I'm not sure I will. When my body changed my mind did too. I didn't think I would ever,be saying this , but I am going to take care of my new stomach, I am not feeding it that crap I once did. I am going to treat Precious Pouch like the beyond all,worth 🎁gift,she is.All I ask is a. life chance to do so!

I was beyond scared, 2 weeks post ops i still have buyers remorse but I wouldn’t change it for the world

On 09/15/2018 at 00:06, Auroragirl4489 said:

I was beyond scared, 2 weeks post ops i still have buyers remorse but I wouldn’t change it for the world
I was sleeved on 9/10/18. I also have buyers remorse. Have had it since 9/11/18. But I absolutely would change it if I could!! If this situation had an undo button, I would have been hitting that thing with every ounce of energy I barely have. I have been miserable since surgery. I’m mad at myself for doing this to myself. I’m tired of the smells of ANYTHING making me nauseous. I’m mad that I’m going to have to miss 2 weeks of work for this mess, when I would much rather be out every day getting paid. I’m just so completely miserable and mad at myself and I don’t feel any better today than I did on Monday evening.

No Tears , entertain no Fears , you are embarking,on A Great Life Journey. And all,those things you are worried about are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I thought I couldn't live without coffee, now when I am released to go,back,to,it, I'm not sure I will. When my body changed my mind did too. I didn't think I would ever,be saying this , but I am going to take care of my new stomach, I am not feeding it that crap I once did. I am going to treat Precious Pouch like the beyond all,worth [emoji320]gift,she is.All I ask is a. life chance to do so!
I'm like Frustr8, I'm very happy with my decision, I plan to treat my new belly the way it deserves and not by shoving crap down it as before. This is both a gift and a tool to turn things to a healthy way of life

I also spent months researching wls before I went to my surgeon and then 7 more months while under his care evaluating if wls really right for me. When I finally made my decision (I should mention that I had completed all my necessary preop steps in first 3 months) I knew without a doubt this is what i wanted.

Even now almost 4 weeks post, not once have i felt buyers remorse, every day I'm thankful for my new belly and I'm thankful for my body teaching me how to control my intake.

Best decision of my life

@ MargoCL,are yuo staying safe from Hurricane Fl,a

On 09/15/2018 at 05:52, Mandy1013 said:

I was sleeved on 9/10/18. I also have buyers remorse. Have had it since 9/11/18. But I absolutely would change it if I could!! If this situation had an undo button, I would have been hitting that thing with every ounce of energy I barely have. I have been miserable since surgery. I’m mad at myself for doing this to myself. I’m tired of the smells of ANYTHING making me nauseous. I’m mad that I’m going to have to miss 2 weeks of work for this mess, when I would much rather be out every day getting paid. I’m just so completely miserable and mad at myself and I don’t feel any better today than I did on Monday evening.
Hang in there. In a week it’ll seem like a distant memory. You’ll love the decision. The first week or two stink

@ MargoCL,are yuo staying safe from Hurricane Fl,a
Yes, high winds are just reaching my area and rain off and on. Because the storm is moving so slow, it's just stationary and the worst for my area is yet to come (tonight through Monday).

Glad we decided to stay local. Airport is limiting flights and would've hated to get stuck away from home.

How are you holding up post op?

3 hours ago, Mandy1013 said:

Sorry to hear your not doing so well. It's a new world after but you have to try and not let it get to you this way. Know that in a time it will become normal and you'll hopefully feel differently. Try to keep a positive outlook by knowing what the future has to offer. Remember the reasons you wanted to do this and know that those things will be in your life soon. Best to you!!!!

Well if you look on that thread about pureed foods John Kitsu,started you will see, MargoCL, yesterday was,not a stellar day for me. But this is a new one, 2 steps forward 1 back but maybe I'll still get to the end of my trail.

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Mandy1013, it gets better. The first two weeks are really hard, everyone has regrets, everyone! But you’ll start to feel better, the weight will start coming off, and you’ll remember why you made this choice, and you’ll be grateful you took this positive step for your long-term health.