Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly sleeved ....buyers remorse ,nervous legs,cant see future

I just got sleeved 08/25/18....I feel very sad, miserable,, buyers remorse ..I know the time limit for real food to be added..but I want to know when do you start feeling normal again.?..I feel like I will never live life again..will I ever enjoy a beef patty??..maybe I feel sad because my starting weight was 191lbs...I already had lost 30 lbs on my own....I feel may I should have tried harder? Maybe i should have just lived life .

Hang in there! It gets better. I don't know your nutritional plan but my was pretty open. I was sleeved on 7/31. Tonight I ate 2.5 oz of rib eye steak and some broccoli. Okay, I also had a couple of bites of baked potato.

18 minutes ago, Chachi50 said:

Really??..im starting 2nd week with full liquids....I hope it does get better ...thank you for responding ..how DOD the meat go down??

I was lucky to be able to start purred and soft after about 1 week. That first egg was great! As far as the meat, it went down fine. I cut pretty small bites and it was so juicy. I've had shrimp, chicken, groundTurkey, and salmon too. So far, I've not had any issues with introducing new foods. I just can't eat much of it at one time. My guidelines say no more than 1/2-3/4 cup of food per meal.

I can eat anything, nothing bothers my sleeve. For most people that's not what you should be worried about. The hard part is making the consistent choice to choose healthy foods.

You will be normal again just give it time. I had my surgery on 8/28 I’m still on liquids only. Going to purées in this week. The time is going fast

I was sleeved Aug 17 still on full liquids until I see the surgeon. The first week was hell for me. I felt like total crap and wonder why the hell I did this to myself. I only wanted my lapband removed but he talked me into the sleeve. Well I started feeling so much better over the weekend. I feel human again. I am still hungry though. I want to eat food but I know the stomach takes time to heal. If I had not lost 23lbs in the last two weeks I probably would be so miserable but the weight loss has definitely changed my mind that I did the right thing.

On 09/04/2018 at 05:53, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

I was sleeved Aug 17 still on full liquids until I see the surgeon. The first week was hell for me. I felt like total crap and wonder why the hell I did this to myself. I only wanted my lapband removed but he talked me into the sleeve. Well I started feeling so much better over the weekend. I feel human again. I am still hungry though. I want to eat food but I know the stomach takes time to heal. If I had not lost 23lbs in the last two weeks I probably would be so miserable but the weight loss has definitely changed my mind that I did the right thing.

Why so long on liquids?

What is normal? Think about that for just a minute.

We had this surgery to correct 'our normal', to assist us in choosing a better life - you ARE living life right, the one you need.

It gets better, take a nap, then take a walk, don't watch commercial TV, don't drive by and smell the fast food.

This excruciating phase of healing will pass and you will be amazed at enjoying those first ounces of real food, and progress into your 'new normal'. Embrace the process.

1 hour ago, Auroragirl4489 said:

Why so long on liquids?

I was on liquids the week before surgery and now until Thursday. I had a lot of scarring and adhesions from my lap band plus my hernia repair was not easy. Apparently the old surgeon who put my lapband in didn't want to fix my hiatal hernia so he basically cauterized the area hoping the scar tissue would just make ok. I even had adhesions on my liver from my band. Hopefully Thursday I can upgrade to soft foods.

1 minute ago, Sosewsue61 said:

What is normal? Think about that for just a minute.

We had this surgery to correct 'our normal', to assist us in choosing a better life - you ARE living life right, the one you need.

It gets better, take a nap, then take a walk, don't watch commercial TV, don't drive by and smell the fast food.

This excruciating phase of healing will pass and you will be amazed at enjoying those first ounces of real food, and progress into your 'new normal'. Embrace the process.

This is so true! I'm a little more than 1 month out and I can tell you that I am so satisfied with such small portions. I have always enjoyed eating and I still do but there is a strange contentment with the amount I'm eating. I do have to confess that while I don't "crave" Pasta, Chinese buffets, all you can eat sushi, or the prime rib/crab leg buffet , there are some moments where I think about those things. I know that one day, I'll be able to eat a small bit of pasta and fried rice, but I'll tap out on the buffets of any kind. I'm avoiding pasta and rice until I get much much closer to my goal weight. Even then, it will all be done according to my calorie allotment.

Tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks for me, sleeved 8.8.18‼️ I have ran the gamut of emotions, exhaustion, vomiting, and I’m constantly learning. It’s all new, to each and every one of us. No sleeve journey is exactly the same. Each body tolerates, heals, and flows differently. I try to just stay in the moment. Relax about the future. Enjoy the moment I’m in. Research. Learn. Take some advice. Throw others out. 😜 I wish you the best in your journey.

23 hours ago, Chachi50 said:

I just got sleeved 08/25/18....I feel very sad, miserable,, buyers remorse ..I know the time limit for real food to be added..but I want to know when do you start feeling normal again.?..I feel like I will never live life again..will I ever enjoy a beef patty??..maybe I feel sad because my starting weight was 191lbs...I already had lost 30 lbs on my own....I feel may I should have tried harder? Maybe i should have just lived life .

What did you want to achieve by having surgery?

I lost quite a bit of weight before surgery (45 pounds) and I too had some thoughts about "I could just keep this up, I don't really need surgery." As soon as I started thinking that way I stumbled across an article about a young couple whose obesity is at deadly levels DESPITE them both having bypass surgery...both refused to change their ways with food habits. That article cured me of any resignation that I had.

I don't focus on the food or the lack thereof. There are things I want to do, things I haven't been able to do with the weight on. I've spent enough of my life abusing my body with food that was tasty...time to enjoy some other fruits of life instead.