Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Freaking PAIN!!!

Just left the hospital and wow...I'm really hurting. My new little stomach keeps spasming (the meds they gave for that don't help as much as they should.)

Any tips on dealing with this? So far this whole thing is sucking hard in a bad way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Being 4 days post op I can tell you its going to be a rough few days until you hit about 4-5th day in. I finally am feeling better on day 4, cant wait for day 5 and forward. Seeing that this is my first surgery I was freaking out a bit, never felt such pain as I have the last few days, however my meds (tylenol codeine) was doing a pretty good job. Even with that said, sore everywhere, couldnt sleep, everything hurts, bruises, etc. Also make sure to get in your Water, Protein liquids they help immensely. Walking too will help with the gasses. Abdominal binder is a god send, thats a definite must have.

This is the one I have, I wear it to sleep also. Even though I couldnt sleep until the 4th day really. It's a huge help wearing it and propping yourself up, elevating.

https://www.amazon.com/BraceAbility-Bariatric-Abdominal-Compression-Circumference/dp/B00QLYZ1DK/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533334829&sr=8-3&keywords=braceability+3x

Edited by GeminiSky

I had my surgery Tuesday and was home by 3PM. The first couple of days was rough indeed. I think the walking helped a ton with getting the gas out so now the pain is from the surgery and my abdomen is very sore but today is better than yesterday and I can take bigger sips so I'm getting in my liquids.

I've also been taking my pain meds, hydrocodone, and that helps once get into a comfortable position. The first night I was still up every hour to walk as well as during the day. The last 2 nights I was up between 2 and 2 1/2 hours. I think tonight I'll see if I can just sleep.

Good luck!

@Someday I was pretty sore after mine.You definitely should address any concerns with your team.How long were you at the hospital after your surgery?

@photogirl70 hopefully you get a good nights sleep!

Hang in there.... you’ll feel better around day 5

[mention=341788]Someday[/mention] I was pretty sore after mine.You definitely should address any concerns with your team.How long were you at the hospital after your surgery?
I was at the hospital for 2 nights because I had a terrible reaction to the morphine. I just got home this afternoon and have been doing my walking like a good little patient. I've just never been a huge fan of this kind of pain. And I detest the powdered drugs. They make me want to vomit. But I'll do what I have to because I know it gets better. Thank you all for letting me vent about this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app