Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Liver shrinking diet foods

Anything low carb is good, the absence or very low carbs help MrLiver shrink better.,Every week,you are on a liver-shrinking diet your liver losses 2.4% of its bulk, So you will give yourself a easier quicker to heal from surgery. Come On lets do this together, we will gain a victory!🚩

Dill pickle spears!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, J San said:

Dill pickle spears!!!!!!!!!

I've wanted a pickle soooo bad all day today. Ugh!

FYI ----OSU doesn't allow bariatric patients pre or post- surgery to have pickles of any kind.

Since I'm on liquids I couldn't have one anyway.

Too bad for OSU patients. They were my savior on my pre op diet. I just had my first one yesterday. Wasn't sure when I could but hit my "for life" stage yesterday so figured why not. Just slice the seeds off so no worries there. You are on liquid so no harm in taking a tiny sip of the jar juice. If you don't mind drinking it. I didn't.

I've been tempted to drink some juice. Figure my body must need something from them to crave them this bad.

I'm 5 days away from surgery and have been on my very lenient pre-op diet for weeks. I don't think most of my favorites would be that helpful for the group but there is one liquid item I've used in the evenings to curb cravings and keep me from thinking about snacking. It's Millie's sipping broth. I know they sell it in the Baripal store but I purchase mine on Amazon. I really enjoyed the curry spice flavor and spicy tortilla. It's basically a teabag you steep in hot Water to make a flavorful clear broth. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it - a much needed bit of savory in between all the Protein Shakes, etc.

Just ordered the sample pack of Millie's Sipping broth. Hopefully it will help me.

LUCKY!!!!!! I am a liquid only pre-surgery girl. 3 days until my surgery and Mother Nature has slapped me!! Even though I don’t get the actual occurrence I get the cravings, bloating, Water retention, and did I mention cravings??? I’ve done really well the last 5-6 days but now I’m STARVING and liquid isn’t cutting it. I’m just going to sleep til Tuesday :/

Our Wegmans is like a Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s mixed together

sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello puddings were life savers, AND invest in your spice rack! I used my taco seasoning spice blend to make my beef broth more interesting and it ended up being pretty tasty and relatively filling!

On 08/10/2018 at 21:32, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

I'm 5 days away from surgery and have been on my very lenient pre-op diet for weeks. I don't think most of my favorites would be that helpful for the group but there is one liquid item I've used in the evenings to curb cravings and keep me from thinking about snacking. It's Millie's sipping broth. I know they sell it in the Baripal store but I purchase mine on Amazon. I really enjoyed the curry spice flavor and spicy tortilla. It's basically a teabag you steep in hot Water to make a flavorful clear broth. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it - a much needed bit of savory in between all the Protein Shakes, etc.

Love the Millie’s sipping broth! Great post-surgery too! So far I’ve only tried spicy tortilla but I am going to have curry spice this afternoon!

Ok so I’m preop day 5 of the same type of diet where your allowed food just no starch. So far I’ve utilized my air fryer like crazy I love making steak in it. So far a typical day for me is a few eggs in the am with either cheese or yogurt. Then I’ll have an approved snack. Then for lunch I have meat and veggies then for lunch another snack then dinner I’ll have a different Protein with veggies. Then a snack to accompany my nightly meds. I get in at a minimum two doses of Calcium I’m working on getting my Vitamins down. It’s also me struggling to get in all my fluids while obeying the rule of no drinking after meals for a half hour. In two weeks from today I will have a last meal so to speak of I’ll not be on true solid food for a good month so it’s a nice mmmm yeah that’s getting eaten

So far my favorites are sugar-free hello cups from Wal-Mart and the tropical Popsicles, close third is the regular sugarFree popsicles. I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the small apple, can't chew raw apples anymore, also had bananas but only,1 small navel orange., And I found a salad blend containing kale and,othe good greens. I have been very careful to,find diet dressing, that isn't too repulsive, my favorites are from KensSteakhouse, Western,and Wal-Mart s Equate diet ranch dressing.