Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Today I dragged my children to Celtic Fest where there wasn’t much Celtic food but loads of cool stuff to see and music to hear. Most of these are after pictures. I think I only took 4-5 bites of that cream puff and ate 1/3 of a cookie. Then had the ramen, and most of the inside of the steak and ale pie as they were sold out of pasties. 😩

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1702.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Today I dragged my children to Celtic Fest where there wasn’t much Celtic food but loads of cool stuff to see and music to hear. Most of these are after pictures. I think I only took 4-5 bites of that cream puff and ate 1/3 of a cookie. Then had the ramen, and most of the inside of the steak and ale pie as they were sold out of pasties. 😩

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1702.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

ooohhhhh all of that looks DELICIOUS!!!

(esp that meat pie!!!)

🤤🤤🤤🤤

Would have thought there’d be a good range of food at a Celtic festival. Maybe all to hearty for summer?? I’d go that cream puff though. Was it real cream or mock cream @Starwarsandcupcakes?

Those strawberries do look fine @summerset. I don’t eat as much fruit anymore. Not a carb thing but because some don’t sit as well (like mangoes 😩), are too filling (watermelon) or some fruits are too large (peaches, nectarines, mandarins). It’s why I eat blueberries everyday & then go through phases of having grapes or strawberries as an extra.

Anyone else struggle with certain fruits?

4 hours ago, Arabesque said:

food intolerances are so damn weird. I can eat all fruits, doesn't matter which and it's one of the few foods I never had an adverse reaction to.

11 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Would have thought there’d be a good range of food at a Celtic festival. Maybe all to hearty for summer?? I’d go that cream puff though. Was it real cream or mock cream @Starwarsandcupcakes?

Definitely real cream. It was delicious but too rich to eat more than a few bites.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:07 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Zoo day (yesterday) and zoo food. Our zoo has several encounters and walkthrough areas- including kangaroos. It’s honestly one of my favorite places and I’d go every week if I lived a smidge closer.

IMG_1655.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1108.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

That looks a lot like the tortoise I met at the age of five, Was this at the Cleveland zoo?

19 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Bananas. They make me dump.

Oranges. They give me gas.

Kiwis. They make my throat itch (but this one was an issue even before surgery).

Despite this, i still have some of the above in (very) small amounts on rare occasions, because, they are delicious.

On the fruit front, i tend to lean towards berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) more often than not.

Oh, and i also love to eat avocados and watermelon when they are available. #yum

39 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Kiwis. They make my throat itch (but this one was an issue even before surgery).

I had a kiwi yesterday and my tongue started to burn/go numb. I absolutely remember eating kiwi before WLS but can’t remember if I had this reaction back then.

20 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I tend to stick with citrus or berries. I don’t like bananas nearly as much as I before. Watermelon and apples gives me extreme gas if I’m not careful especially after revision from VSG to RNY.

Edited by GreenTealael

a fellow BP member recently DM'd me asking how i get up to 1800 cals a day when my stomach capacity is relatively "small".

This is how. I eat often eat high calorie/low volume foods. Today's evening snack: 53g of chicharron w/some dipping sauce for a nice 319 calories.

Ate it all.

(I also went to an AYCE lunch with the entire extended fam for father's day today that clocked up 870 calories comprised of a couple cocktails, 2 cute little peking duck "wraps" a couple spoonfuls of tofu pudding and a couple bites of strawberry shortcake...no pics tho. Aside: i hate AYCE establishments: never feel like i ate enough to warrant the price, the food is at best, just OK, and you never have everyone all sitting at the table at the same time for hearty conversation cuz they all off getting food at different times. Just my 2 cents.

Further, i had an entire sausage mcMuffin and 1/2 a hash brown that i ate off an on while sitting in a hairdresser chair getting hair extensions installed over 4+ hrs this morning ...more on that later!

AND, i had about 1/3 cup of the bbq brisket that i brought over to my FIL that i made the other day.)

so as of right now im at 1839 calories, if i don't eat anything else today.

So yeah, thats how.

btw: My chicharron snack:

F303F0F1-EF1E-4BB7-A797-1BD408F654C3.thumb.jpeg.3edea03cf55902a495f051d6f0d3fae8.jpeg

I’m back from a long weekend vacation. I had a ton of fun but I’m so happy to return to eating the food I make (despite my near constant protests 😂)

Greek yogurt parfait.

07A095E7-B54A-4DDF-86C5-4DB260476272.jpeg

16171D44-5CA7-4530-861A-F9173736E21F.jpeg

FA073959-C4C0-4828-968F-38A8FD428E6B.jpeg

homemade bbq smoked brisket (this took me over 12 hrs to make the other day!!), and some leftover pita that i turned into chips by sprinkling with olive oil and seasoning then putting in the toaster oven for a bit.

yesterday i had some of this brisket with some BBQ Sauce i found in my father-in-law's fridge, which resulted in a mild dumping episode. guess the sauce was too sugary cuz i promptly fell asleep and then barfed a little when i woke up. so today i paired it with some seasoned vinegar which seems to be more to my stomach's liking lol.

506 calories for this bowl plus an espresso martini i had beforehand.

ate roughly a little more than 1/2 of what i served out. wont be adjusting the amount in MFP because i totally plan to eat the rest for dinner later. i already told the fam hands off my leftovers. only time will tell if they listen to me!

CACD0067-50D9-4945-9769-4E2BCDFEFE41.thumb.jpeg.9ccb238cffe003ee3559f8f24e447276.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

2 eggs, 1 small/medium chocolate chip pancake with strawberries and whip cream. I ate almost both eggs and about half of the pancake. I did eat the fruit of the top because it was too delicious to waste.

IMG_3785.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg

27 minutes ago, lvetere83 said:

2 eggs, <...>

IMG_3785.jpeg

your eggs looked like luscious slabs of brie to me at first! either way looks yum ;)