Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 6/18/2023 at 11:39 AM, BabySpoons said:

That looks a lot like the tortoise I met at the age of five, Was this at the Cleveland zoo?

Right state wrong zoo- Cincinnati.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:36 PM, ms.sss said:

Bananas. They make me dump.

Kiwis. They make my throat itch (but this one was an issue even before surgery).

Despite this, i still have some of the above in (very) small amounts on rare occasions, because, they are delicious.

Oh, and i also love to eat avocados and watermelon when they are available. #yum

On 6/18/2023 at 7:17 PM, GreenTealael said:

I had a kiwi yesterday and my tongue started to burn/go numb. I absolutely remember eating kiwi before WLS but can’t remember if I had this reaction back then.

Hey, hi, person with a banana and kiwi allergy thanks to latex fruit syndrome! 🙃 Annnd what you’re both describing is exactly how my fruit allergies started out. The only thing in my life that had changed was pregnancies and their c-sections. My banana one has progressed to my coworkers trying to kill me with fruit. (That’s mostly a joke… but sometimes they don’t wash their hands. See below)

Also, here’s link to a list that contains foods that may also cause issues.

https://allergyasthmanetwork.org/allergies/latex-allergy/latex-allergy-foods/

IMG_8845.jpeg

4 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

what the?!?

methinks i should test myself for a latex allergy???

...but i love bananas and kiwi!!!

7 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Hey, hi, person with a banana and kiwi allergy thanks to latex fruit syndrome! 🙃 Annnd what you’re both describing is exactly how my fruit allergies started out. The only thing in my life that had changed was pregnancies and their c-sections. My banana one has progressed to my coworkers trying to kill me with fruit. (That’s mostly a joke… but sometimes they don’t wash their hands. See below)

Also, here’s link to a list that contains foods that may also cause issues.

IMG_8845.jpeg

OMG I absolutely have a latex allergy so thank you! I love you guys, seriously ❤️

Good Lord. I had no idea a latex allergy extended to fruits like bananas & kiwi & so many other foods. Can you eat small amounts of the lower risk foods@Starwarsandcupcakes?

29 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

Good Lord. I had no idea a latex allergy extended to fruits like bananas & kiwi & so many other foods. Can you eat small amounts of the lower risk foods@Starwarsandcupcakes?

I eat peaches, watermelon, potatoes, avocados, celery, carrots, and apples pretty frequently. Tomatoes are on the list but they act more as a histamine for the other fruits and vegetables to cause reaction.

8 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Tomatoes are on the list but they act more as a histamine for the other fruits and vegetables to cause reaction.

i wonder if i eat kiwis AND tomatoes it would cancel each other out??

(not sure how yummy that would be tho...)

strawberries and ketchup chips. ya, i know, kinda weird. i was in a rush out the door and i was hungry.

188 calories. ate it all.

Lesson for the day: keep healthier options around for a quick grab, lest you lunch becomes strawberries and ketchup chips. 😜

CAAA32FF-F6C3-4653-B5F0-0FD133A4337D.thumb.jpeg.4a09d50b36fd1f889991890beec6f1b7.jpeg

15 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

chicken, beet and avocado salad. I’ve been on a beet kick for at least 6 months and soon it’ll be over. Does Anyone go through food phases?

AD833FAB-EFAC-403F-AD0D-9213D2BF3B77.jpeg

my beet kick last lasted for 35 years.

went to dinner, and naturally i wanted to order everything. i always put alot (too much?) thought into what i will order due to valuable and limited stomach real estate.

i couldn't decide on my painstakingly reduced shortlist of items so Mr. suggested he won't order anything and that i can just order what i can't decide between and he'll eat what i don't.

😳

i don't understand how we didn't think of this ordering method sooner.

So i present to you: bone marrow (pic shows it already some eaten), roasted corn & avocado salad, slow-cooked short ribs, and tres leches cake (not shown).

Mr. ate like 90% of it, but i got to taste it all!!

(didn't bother logging these in MFP)

D3C6565A-02AE-4340-A417-2A9EA5D2055B.thumb.jpeg.5aeb162b79c18bfb01a4ddc139353ed9.jpeg

234F4E1F-B52D-4175-8245-2EE416930266.thumb.jpeg.670e4c0912d63cffdf74365667efdf13.jpeg

098F489B-4FDA-4C4C-B584-CA573482C99D.thumb.jpeg.261ec27b8b99c88d17e1e1e4b6abd28e.jpeg

Turkey burger slider on flat bread. The flavors are all over the place because I changed my mind on the style half way through.
Every time I log a burger I make from scratch, I’m always shocked at the calories in such a small dish.

ACB84B38-2617-4F74-BE90-726193A4BEA6.jpeg

B424331E-0FFB-492C-A25D-B16FCEC851AB.jpeg

A5A0DB5E-1CFC-4EE1-A7C0-5C9B9142CA73.jpeg

22 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Turkey burger slider on flat bread. The flavors are all over the place because I changed my mind on the style half way through.
Every time I log a burger I make from scratch, I’m always shocked at the calories in such a small dish.

ACB84B38-2617-4F74-BE90-726193A4BEA6.jpeg

B424331E-0FFB-492C-A25D-B16FCEC851AB.jpeg

A5A0DB5E-1CFC-4EE1-A7C0-5C9B9142CA73.jpeg

yep, i find that the burger patties i make at home are much more calories than the ones i get at fast food restaurants! well, at least based on said restaurant's posted nutritional info.

Granted, my burger patties are probably 4-5 times the size of fast food places. also the restaurants could be lying!!!

when pantry is stocked with candy Snacks, you will inevitably eat the candy snacks.

my afternoon snack: 1/4 a maple butter tart, 2 sour keys and 1/2 cup cashews.

332 calories for whats shown.

ate all the nuts and Gummy candies, but literally had a LICK of the butter tart to check if it was too sweet and yep, it was (i mean, its a butter tart! what else would it be but too sweet?! but i always hope it won't be). no one around to hand it over to, so i just tossed it.

so sans partial butter tart, calories updated to 231 cals for what i ate.

A19806AB-0BFD-49FC-AFE5-E8FA821DB4CE.thumb.jpeg.8ce2c0ff496830b0ae412227123d2f39.jpeg