Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your favorite vitamins?

Hello!

I'm wondering what bariatric Vitamins you all take and what is your favorite type and/or flavor?

Right now I have Celebrate Soft Chews in Very berry and Celebrate Calcium in Berry and I dread them. They have a gross after taste, get stuck on the roof of my mouth, and are just overall nasty. Does anyone take these in another flavor that are better? What about the dry chewable?

Do you all know if there are any Gummy bear bariatric vitamins? What are some other options? Can we ever take normal pill multi-vitamins?

Edited by Snapple

Whatever's cheap and has the right ingredients.

I do store brand knock offs of Flintstones Complete....they're little animal shapes. LOL

Store brand Vitamin D and B12 cherry flavor

Generic B Complex....yucko...but I take it.

And a ton of rock hard june bug sized calcium citrate. Buy one massive bottle, get one free. I munch them up and swallow them with a swig of hot coffee.

22 minutes ago, Snapple said:

Do you all know if there are any Gummy bear bariatric Vitamins? What are some other options? Can we ever take normal pill multi-vitamins?

There are no gummies that are complete enough. I looked high and low because most vitamins upset my stomach.

You can definitely take pills again. I was taking small one a couple of weeks post op. About a month out I was taking all my supplements in pill form.

I take Whole Foods Prenatal Multivitamins. They were recomended by my suregeons PA because they are very complete and are easy on the stomach. I buy them on Amazon

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KKKMBQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71CLlP2bQLL._SY679_.jpg.86b7adc3b1d431693a2d1a226e8a33fc.jpgWF.jpg.e67893e8f5377da78b08995a0591f5f6.jpg

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I take Whole Foods Prenatal Multivitamins. They were recomended by my suregeons PA because they are very complete and are easy on the stomach. I buy them on Amazon

Do you take a normal dose or double?

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Normal dose ... but that is 3 pills. A double dose would be daunting!

I also take, Biotin, B complex, B12 sublingual, Zinc, L-lysine, Calcium

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Normal dose ... but that is 3 pills. A double dose would be daunting!

I also take, Biotin, B complex, B12 sublingual, Zinc, L-lysine, Calcium

Do you spread them out during the day?

I take these, and they are wonderful. I can take 1 capsule at bedtime and my calcium/vitamin d in the AM. No more having to remember Vitamins multiple times throughout the day. They are only 45.99 for a 90 day supply as well.

IMG_2680.JPG.1c8ff0de1e6e1e6b7969e86f8bf35a8b.JPG

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Do you spread them out during the day?

Yeah, when I'm home I just put them next to my computer and take them all randomly through out the day. When I'm traveling it's harder, so sometimes I do ending up downing a bunch of them before bed.

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yeah, when I'm home I just put them next to my computer and take them all randomly through out the day. When I'm traveling it's harder, so sometimes I do ending up downing a bunch of them before bed.

Man, I won't even think of taking Vitamins at night. I tried once and it was terrible!

8 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Man, I won't even think of taking Vitamins at night. I tried once and it was terrible!

Of my current regime, Zinc is the only one that upsets my stomach. If I don't eat that with food it's horrible. So if I'm left with it at night, I just skip it. These prental multi's are great, they don't upset my stomach even when empty

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Of my current regime, Zinc is the only one that upsets my stomach. If I don't eat that with food it's horrible. So if I'm left with it at night, I just skip it. These prental multi's are great, they don't upset my stomach even when empty

I'll try those when I run out of Flintstones. I guess I was under the impression that the chewable vitamins were forever to ensure we got the most out of them. But, I'll be happy to be wrong about that one.

5 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'll try those when I run out of Flintstones. I guess I was under the impression that the chewable vitamins were forever to ensure we got the most out of them. But, I'll be happy to be wrong about that one.

My only concern for you, is they are kind of big. Do you think you could get them down?

IMG_8748.thumb.JPG.8dabfcae8020cf47e98ae9939876e455.JPG

2 hours ago, Snapple said:

Hello!

I'm wondering what bariatric Vitamins you all take and what is your favorite type and/or flavor?

Right now I have Celebrate Soft Chews in Very berry and Celebrate Calcium in Berry and I dread them. They have a gross after taste, get stuck on the roof of my mouth, and are just overall nasty. Does anyone take these in another flavor that are better? What about the dry chewable?

Do you all know if there are any Gummy bear bariatric Vitamins? What are some other options? Can we ever take normal pill multi-vitamins?

I take chewable Centrum. They contain the essential vitamins and they are only 11 dollars for a 90 day supply.

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

My only concern for you, is they are kind of big. Do you think you could get them down?

IMG_8748.thumb.JPG.8dabfcae8020cf47e98ae9939876e455.JPG

I can swallow anything so long as I can drink with it. Even the huge Calcium pills. But thanks for thinking about that!