Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here and I am wondering if y'all have any recommendations for full liquid items. I am really struggling to make it through this stage. I have my Protein Shakes, but I'm already getting sick of those. Also, how am I supposed to get in 60g of Protein PLUS 64oz of Water each day, when my sleeve is only able to hold so much? I feel like I'm not getting enough of either each day. Did anyone else struggle to get their required intake?

So if you have any recommendations for full liquid items that you enjoy and any advice for this stage, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Maggie

I know that every program is different and you should follow your surgeons directives. My program had me take 2 Oz meals-2 Oz of Protein Shake, or applesauce or Soup or hummus. And 36 Oz of Water. They say to choose high Protein things, but we don’t start tracking our protein until 3 months. I’m 50 days out and at about 30-40 g or protein a day.

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here and I am wondering if y'all have any recommendations for full liquid items. I am really struggling to make it through this stage. I have my Protein Shakes, but I'm already getting sick of those. Also, how am I supposed to get in 60g of Protein PLUS 64oz of Water each day, when my sleeve is only able to hold so much? I feel like I'm not getting enough of either each day. Did anyone else struggle to get their required intake?
So if you have any recommendations for full liquid items that you enjoy and any advice for this stage, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks,
Maggie

Each program is different.
That said my program is 64oz liquid which
includes Protein snakes. Also I can have ricotta or cottage cheese. I am 6 days out and seeing too get everything in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Every hour you should be having liquid 20-30 min rest then either 2 oz shake then next time nonfat milk then next Water then shake the repeat

I'm also 1 week out- I make my Protein Shakes by mixing the Protein Powder with Water in a shaker bottle, for extra flavor I add in some non-dairy milk (almond coconut etc.) I count the amount of water used to make the shake toward my daily water goal. I also find it helpful in the beginning of the day to make a schedule of what liquids I'll consume at what time to help space things out.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, maggie.rose said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks,

Maggie

Maggie, if you are still in liquid only it is hard to get in 64 oz of Water. I am also 1 week and seem to be doing fine on 32oz of water given that everything else I am ingesting is also liquid. I got very much comfort in Asian clear Soup. Some restaurants have better broth than others. But I found my favorite and it is like crack for me. Once I get to real food I will up my game and get in my 64 oz of water.

I am four days out right now and found that I was drinking to much to quickly. I was so concerned about getting dehydrated, especially with the high heat temperatures we have been having. I made the adjustments so hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

My doctor said that all liquids I consume now count towards 64 oz. That includes sugar free pops and ice cubes.

Dont stress too much... I tried to force fluids and Protein and ended up bloated and miserable. i expressed my concerns with my surgeon and he said to not worry about it and to cut back. I dont think they expect you to get al of that in during the first few weeks... thats what they told me

I wouldn't worry about hitting your full Protein goal just yet. Concentrate more on your fluid goals. In the full liquid stages I ate:

1)Kefir
2)Cream of wheat (added protein powder)
3)FairLife Milk, sometimes with SF chocolate syrup
4)SF jello
5)Bone broth. Walmart carries an excellent one that is almost creamy... yum!
6) Diluted 100% juice
7) Strained creamed Soups (added protein powder)
8) SF popsicles

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, maggie.rose said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks,

Maggie

Where in IL are you from?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had my one week post-op appointment last week and was moved up to pureed, but I'm finding that to be just as difficult. I saw another surgeon at the practice because mine was on vacation, and this doctor kind of yelled at me for not getting enough fluids and Protein. Excuse me, but it's pretty hard when you're only able to stomach so much! So it's safe to say I've been feeling pretty defeated by this whole process. I'm two weeks post-op now and finding I am just not interested in eating anything. I know I have to, but everything makes me nauseous. My Multivitamin makes me gag, too. But my doctor prescribed me an anti-nausea pill today, so I took that and it's helped, but I still don't have much of an appetite. So let's just say, it's been a fun two weeks, haha. I really appreciate the replies and suggestions. Thank you again. :)