Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many days/week’s post op were you when you started the Puréed stage ?

I’m just curious to know How many days/week’s post op were you when you started the Puréed stage ? The number seems to differ with a lot of surgeons

I’m just curious to know How many days/week’s post op were you when you started the Puréed stage ? The number seems to differ with a lot of surgeons
It depends a lot on your program, the program I am going through they want you to do liquid 14 days before starting blended but I have seen people post on here starting blended much sooner

My program says 7-14 days. I am 7 days out and have tried cottage cheese and a scrambled egg. Both went down fine.

I am trying to stay with liquids as long as I can cause honestly I have had no hunger pain at all and I am meeting Proteins and liquid requirements plus I want to take full advantage of my weight loss. I do have head hunger but I know it's just out of habit so I am trying to work on that as well. I know how easily I can call back into bad habits fast.

Just follow your program and you'll do great😁

My program said 14 days, but doc "ok"ed purees at 8 days.

In hospital Clear Liquids, day you leave hospital full liquids for a week. Puréed for a month, soft food for a month, then regular diet. All docs are different though.

“Robard” diet (shakes, puddings, a Soup and a bar per/day) for two weeks pre-op. Post op 7 days clear liquids, 7 days full, 7 days puréed, 7 days soft, then regular diet

Liquids only until you see the surgeon for follow up average 21 days, mine is 26 days because of the 4th of July holiday. Diet is supposed to be 2 Protein Shakes (can be mixed with non fat milk or mootopia), 4oz of clear chicken or beef broth (no creamed soup), unlimited sugar free Jello, Popsicle. and drink packages. I added Protein Water and half a shake because they did not provide a calorie limit and following this diet would have put me at 400 calories including the calories in their Vitamins, maybe 450 depending on jello and Popsicle consumption. It wasn't enough to keep me walking without being lightheaded. My calorie intake is now around 700 and never over 800. I picked the surgeon based on surgery success stats and location, never looked at pre-op and post-op diet plans. Sticking to my extra shake version though. They also only want you to drink their shake, I had to purchase their kit with vitamins. I will use up all their stuff, but I also use premier and Isopure unflavored. I can't believe they want you to eat the exact same thing for 26 days. This is not a life style change, it is a test of endurance. Ten more days until soft food. No puree stage, just says soft, mushy, moist and to start with yogurt and Beans for stage 2. Then at 6 weeks it is regular food.

I see now in another section of their binder that it says a minimum of 2 shakes to meet protein goal of 80 grams per day. I guess I am not cheating to bad.

This is going to differ based on so many factors.
Bandsters are going to have their own versions.
Sleevers are going to have their own versions.
Bypassers are going to have their own versions.

I don't recall the diet for my band.. But for my revision to bypass, I was on Puree's before I even left the hospital, was on Puree's for a full month post op, then was cleared for soft solids then 3 weeks later full solids and raws..

After 2 days post op, non sweetened apple sauce, greek yogurt allowed and mashed fruits and vegetables (baby food). Honestly the baby food route is not bad...my surgeon has been doing this 25 years, trained most other surgeons. Only went through my belly button and one small incesion above.

pureed at 9 days, for a month.

3 wks post!

One week clear fluids, two weeks full fluids including cream Soups, one week puréed, one month mashed, one month soft and then finally normal. So three full months modified.

I’m eagerly awaiting tomorrow when I move to full fluids!!!

I didn't start pureed food until my 4th week post op. I'm there now, and will not start soft solids until my 6th week.

I didn’t start the pureed phase until I was 2 weeks post-op, and I was on it for 6 weeks.

I was on clear liquids for 2 days then was allowed purees. Was told to focus on fluids and Protein. According to my post op instructions I can start a regular diet at 2 weeks. My surgeon said to slowly add things. If I tolerate them then great. If not try again in a month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app