Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else HATE Protein Water?

I truly cannot stand it. This crap tastes like grape or fruit punch maple Syrup to me. It's just so gross. How do you all choke it down? I've ordered some unflavored Protein Powder which should be here on Tuesday (I was sleeved on Wednesday) so will I be ok without drinking this nastiness?

Any suggestions? I went to Sonic today hoping a peach sugar free iced tea would be good and I can barely choke that down. I went home and make a large cup of tea and diluted that drink until it was double in volume. Why is everything so darn sweet to me ?

Oh, and I did order Herb Ox broth. It's delicious and I love it. It just has scary amounts of sodium.

There are fewer Protein Water options here in Australia. One is rediculously overly sweet (I had to dilute a single 7g protein scoop with 500-600ml water just to be able to drink it... that 1/3-1/4 of my daily liquids target just for 7g protein!). The other option, bodie'z, isn't as bad (stevia sweetened) but still has a really fake taste.

My solution was to buy the unflavoured clear protein water powder and I make it with lovely brewed (then chilled before mixing) fruit tea! Being a clear protein water powder it doesn't have any noticable texture once fully dissolved. I sweeten mine with a little stevia powder, and the ones I now send to work with hubby I sweeten with honey or sugar. Tastes SOOooo much better than all the other protein water options available here. My favourites are "peach and pineapple" and "strawberry, raspberry and loganberry", hubbies faves are "lemon and ginger", "orange and cinnamon" and "lemon and lime".

Now we get a lovely 500ml drink with 30g protein in our choice of flavour and our preferred amount of sweetness and sweetener!

Edited by Taoz

I never want to drink it again. I bought so much favoried clear Protein for the pre-op clear liquid diet and have alot left over...It makes me cringe.

I can’t tolerate the shakes, unflavored powder nor the clear Protein Water anymore since surgery. I am certain I haven’t gotten enough protein in these 2.5 weeks post op. I’m just waiting until the 28th so I can be of soft foods and get protein that way.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, Starfish23 said:

Gross gross gross. I can actually gag thinking about it

SAME! My mistake was to smell it. That rotten milk smell did me in and I can't do it. I'm still waiting on the unflavored powder from Amazon to try (I'm only 5 days out since surgery) and I'm going to make a point not to smell it first and only mix it into Soup.

I now have two cases I need to return to Sams Club and 10 bottles to donate to the food pantry.

I only suffered through Protein Water the first week after surgery. I poured a Premier Protein clear drink into my 32 oz jug and filled the rest with water to dilute it, and it wasn't too bad.

Hate it! When I first tried it when I came home from the hospital it tasted like garlic to me, totally weird and probably insane.

I can't stand Protein Water. It's too thick, too sweet, and leaves a weird aftertaste/coating in my mouth. A friend of mine told me to freeze it and eat it like a frozen treat/ice cubes. It helped a little and I did it once during post op liquid phase, but since I have other options I didn't feel like I needed to do it again.

After surgery, I couldn't stand the Premier Protein RTD shakes anymore. They were too thick and too sweet.

I switched back to Unjury powder. They're still sweet, but not overpoweringly sweet. I mix them as thin or thick as I like them and I can add in other ingredients for variety. Been a lifesaver to be able to meet my protein goals. *If I'm REALLY tired of sweet, I also keep Unjury chicken Soup flavor on hand and do it as a lunch or mid-day snack.

A lot of good alternative thoughts here. I'll try it, but if I don't,like b it I am in good company here