Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

I’m so broke right now, so I’m considering instead of jointing a gym at 6 weeks maybe I should join yoga glo or something. I have some room in my bedroom and my own yoga mat and at 6 weeks I want to start that for a month or so. See how that goes. Then join my kickboxing gym as soon as my surgeon approves

5 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Ellie im 19 days out and lost 21.8 lbs between surgery and today. I’ve lost 31.8 total since my pre op started.

That’s incredible, I wish my body would do that too, but alas, not my story :(

I didn’t have any calories for 2 weeks. Everyone is different. You will lose the weight it will just take time :)

5 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Ellie im 19 days out and lost 21.8 lbs between surgery and today. I’ve lost 31.8 total since my pre op started.

That’s incredible, I wish my body would do that too, but alas, not my story :(

5 minutes ago, mercmerc said:

Ellie .. i'm about 6 weeks out and 28 pounds since surgery

See I think that’s awesome, it’s a rate of 4.6lb a week vrs my 3lb a week. And I walked 13,000 steps yesterday!

Wow!! I couldn’t do that!! I’m so exhausted all the time I will walk some but I can’t do much.

On 09/09/2018 at 12:38, ellie123 said:

See I think that’s awesome, it’s a rate of 4.6lb a week vrs my 3lb a week. And I walked 13,000 steps yesterday!

Yes but I have not lost in about 2-3 weeks so it's hard for me!! I'm just going to try to change up my eating and exercise don't worry we're eating totally different than before Our body has to loose weight

How many carbs per serving are too much? Saw something with 14g of carbs but 8g Protein and only 1g sugar?? Not sure if that’s acceptable or not. Idk I might put it off for now.
How much Fiber? I try to keep my carbs per meal less than 10 net carbs. Keeping my daily no more than 40 actual carbs per day. I avg at about 27 net carbs

3 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

I didn’t have any calories for 2 weeks. Everyone is different. You will lose the weight it will just take time :)

Woa? No calories for 2 weeks!? How? Right after surgery? Omg, I got calories from Protein Shakes

On 09/09/2018 at 12:40, MargoCL said:

How much Fiber? I try to keep my carbs per meal less than 10 net carbs. Keeping my daily no more than 40 actual carbs per day. I avg at about 27 net carbs
Can carbs keep you from loosing weight? Cause I think im eating too many carbs?? And not loosing

Thank you!! I think i'm going to start weighing my self saturdays and eat tuna during the week and salmon .. yogurt for Breakfast with really light Snacks in between and going to start 60 minute cardio .. with some boxing and insanity to see if things change! In a week.
Make sure you are meeting your Protein & Water goals. Don't fret about the stall, you got this.

I was focusing on Water. At a week post op I was so dehydrated. I wasn’t able to drink much water. So instead of taking protien drinks I was trying to just get my water in. I’m doing better now and am not as dehydrated I’m still working on it.

Yes carbs will cause weight to not come off. When carbs are processed they turn to glucose in our blood and if you don’t drop enough insulin it’s stored for later. Go get fat sick and nearly dead. It’s seriously a great documentary. It puts SAD in perspective.

I’ve been stalled for about 5 days. I’m only 17 days post op. Not worried though I lost 17 lbs in those first 12 days so I’m just sticking to plan, focusing on Protein and fluids, and being patient
That's all you can do. I've stalled as well, right after my 2 week post op. I'm down 10lbs from surgery, 25 from pre op. I'm not worried. Gained 2, down 1 of those two.

I actually encountered my first true restriction yesterday and it taught me a valuable lesson. I'm just going to follow my plan and I know it will come off. The slower the better because it will last longer. I didn't gain my weight overnight, can't expect a surgery to be the miracle to remove overnight. It takes time and work. My "tool" will teach me to live a healthier life style.

We have this!

So I had 3 grams of fiber yesterday (not surprising since my diet doesn’t have much in the way of veggies in it yet. But I had 60 grams of protien and 32 grams of carbs. That’s a good amount. I also hit my Water goal.

After reviewing it I know I don’t have to add the protien powder (yay!!) since I’m doing good on that.