Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

On 09/04/2018 at 18:27, LeiaStone said:

My 2nd week post op I was doing MUCH better with Water, it wasn't upsetting my stomach almost at all. ..but last week and this week (3rd and 4th) I'm back to feeling super gross drinking. Has anyone else had this?

Its so weird to me that Water upsets my stomach, I used to LOVE drinking water...now the only things not bugging it seem to be keifer and bone broth.

Water post op has a tendency to feel like lead hitting your tummy. Maybe try crystal light in your water. It strangely does change the texture of the water, can’t quite explain it, in any event, it makes it more manageable to drink. Good luck!

8 minutes ago, LeiaStone said:

My 2nd week post op I was doing MUCH better with Water, it wasn't upsetting my stomach almost at all. ..but last week and this week (3rd and 4th) I'm back to feeling super gross drinking. Has anyone else had this?

Its so weird to me that Water upsets my stomach, I used to LOVE drinking water...now the only things not bugging it seem to be keifer and bone broth.

I was sleeved July 10th. Pure water tastes gross to me and it makes me nauseous. I have to add crystal light to make it bearable.

49 minutes ago, rs said:

@ylime Cottage cheese, Yogurt, refried Beans, melted cheese, ground beef, ground turkey, mashed potatoes, hot oatmeal, almond butter. Seems like a long list now that I see it but I'm still not getting enough Protein because I eat such a small quantity each time. I don't like all the sweet Protein Shakes, and I learned after surgery I have issues with sucralose. But I finally am ok with ocean spray diet cranberry juice and Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. I just throw them together in my (cocktail) shaker with ice. Easy. Good luck finding what works for you. I keep inching closer to my 60g Protein goal but have yet to reach it. I'm 3 weeks post sleeve surgery.

I’m eating a lot of salmon, great protein source

18 minutes ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

I was sleeved July 10th. Pure Water tastes gross to me and it makes me nauseous. I have to add crystal light to make it bearable.

20 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
27 minutes ago, LeiaStone said:

Water post op has a tendency to feel like lead hitting your tummy. Maybe try crystal light in your water. It strangely does change the texture of the water, can’t quite explain it, in any event, it makes it more manageable to drink. Good luck!

Thank you both for the suggestion, I'll give crystal light a go. If that doesn't work, I might just be drinking Bone Broth for everything :/

50 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
57 minutes ago, LeiaStone said:

I had the same experience with water. I

also have to add crystal light pure (raspberry lemonade). It works for me. It is a mystery

On 09/04/2018 at 16:10, Ylime said:

Looking for suggestions...I'm trying to hit my Protein goals through natural sources. It was easy when I was on a ton of shakes, but eating a few bites of chicken or tuna isn't cutting it. I really want to get away from having to add Protein Powder to everything because it's a PITA and it's expensive!

I've been doing eggs, grilled chicken, tuna, ricotta. Going to have ground turkey tonight. What else is everyone eating?

My go tos are:

Egg salad
Chicken salad (with either low fat mayo or with that cedars tzatziki dip)
Chicken cooked in something to keep it juicy/easy to digest
cheese (I eat the heck out of some cheese)
Lean ground beef with taco seasoning
Greek yogurt
Milk
Almonds/peanuts (not cleared for these yet so I make sure to chew the heck out of them, but man are they helpful to put you over the Protein goal)
Deli meats
I’ve had Beans a few times. They’re not as protein dense as I’d like, but they have a lot of Fiber which is helpful!

On 09/04/2018 at 19:27, PTARMT said:

Water post op has a tendency to feel like lead hitting your tummy. Maybe try crystal light in your Water. It strangely does change the texture of the water, can’t quite explain it, in any event, it makes it more manageable to drink. Good luck!

I had the same experience with water. I

also have to add crystal light pure (raspberry lemonade). It works for me. It is a mystery

I use the liquid crystal light. I like the tropical coconut and strawberry lemonade. The tolerance change truly is a mystery

We got dinner brought to us tonight. I put some in my mouth and chewed. It was so delicious. I spit it out instead of swallowing but I feel guilty. :( it’s not good for me food. I couldn’t resist....

On 09/04/2018 at 16:27, insta_adventurer said:

My go tos are:

Egg salad

chicken salad (with either low fat mayo or with that cedars tzatziki dip)

Chicken cooked in something to keep it juicy/easy to digest

cheese (I eat the heck out of some cheese)

Lean ground beef with taco seasoning

Greek yogurt

Milk

Almonds/peanuts (not cleared for these yet so I make sure to chew the heck out of them, but man are they helpful to put you over the Protein goal)

Deli meats

I’ve had Beans a few times. They’re not as Protein dense as I’d like, but they have a lot of Fiber which is helpful!
Girl, I think I’m becoming a cheese’oholic 🧀🧀🧀🧀

Next week I get to start the soft food phase and I can't wait! Hubby & I went out for dinner tonight for the first time since before the pre-op diet. It was nice to get out for a bit. I ordered Soup and just sipped on a little broth but did have a little sliver of avocado. YUM! Now hubby has lunch for two days from my leftovers. For a bit I was worried people might see me taking tiny "bites' of my soup and think I was totally weird. But I was quickly able to block that out.

eggs and chicken are my main source of Protein outside of shakes and protein waters which I still need because I get nowhere near enough without them. I'm not a seafood eater at all so that's out. I have steak probably once a week. Have tried ground beef and pork ribs but neither agreed with me. I get full way to fast to eat more than an ounce or two of chicken and usually eat 1 or 2 eggs. If I eat 2 eggs it kills my daily goals because I get so full and slows my intake of anything else.

so i’m not sure if this is actually dumping or if i’m just paranoid but i feel like crap. i tried Enlightened ice cream tonight (4 net carbs, 3g of sugar) and i have been going to the bathroom nonstop since and i have a killer headache. send help 😩😩

I’m 3 weeks post op today & Water is rough for me too. My pouch likes ice tho. But I hate being so cold. It’s truly a process.

Today is the day I’m getting approved for soft foods!! I’m buying cottage cheese on the way home.

Last night though I had some sugar free Jello (the pudding cup I know bad for me....) and I paid the price for it. Now my kids have sugar free jellos for after school.... I dumped on it. I was so miserable 😭😖😣😭😫

I lost 0.8 pounds last week and really am bummed about it. Anyone else had this happen to??