Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

When I had my sleeve drinking liquids was excruciating. But with the RNY, they seen to be going down better than before surgery! Crazy! So different

I’m partially dehydrated they have me monitoring my drain output and my Fluid intake till 4 today. They want to see if I can sip my way back to hydrated and also make sure I’m not putting too much fluid out. I’m waiting till I’m 3 weeks out to go to out walking. I plan on doing that for a couple weeks then upping to work on a c25k program for a little bit. I want to build up to be able to do a mix of CrossFit and kickboxing each week.

52 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

I’m partially dehydrated they have me monitoring my drain output and my Fluid intake till 4 today. They want to see if I can sip my way back to hydrated and also make sure I’m not putting too much Fluid out. I’m waiting till I’m 3 weeks out to go to out walking. I plan on doing that for a couple weeks then upping to work on a c25k program for a little bit. I want to build up to be able to do a mix of CrossFit and kickboxing each week.

Hope you are stronger each day. Hang in there!

Back to...square 1 lol. So I’m 8 days out of RNY and I have finally shed the 9lb IV Fluid weight I came home with post surgically. But hey that means everything from here on out is sweet fat melting loss. Bring it on!! Did an hours walk today (helps keep me from feeling down) and am hydrating pretty well. Drinking Protein Water with Aloe! Aloe will help me heal inside and is so soothing :)

Still sour about having to be on Clear Liquids 2 more weeks, that’s just cruel, I mean doesn’t severe restricting of calories put one in starvation mode?, I could do eat a scrambled egg, but im

gonna stick to the Doc orders and this too shall pass!

I’m not backing down, even if I’m just back to... square One. “Despise Yee Not the Day of Small Beginings” (Bible)

Checking in y’all 2 days post op and I’ve been home since yesterday. The gas pains are slowly going away I’m able to drink and drink my Protein Shakes in less than a half hour and I’m getting close to my goal of 64oz of fluids I might eat a Jello

I asked my nutritionist why 2 weeks and she said this “The 2-week guideline is to allow time for healing in your stomach. This is also the amount of time it takes for digestion to kind of return to normal. When people advance too quickly, we find that is when they have problems with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea -- which then sets them back further than if they had just waited!”

I can’t have Jello. My support people have “better” things to do like play video games and abandon my kids for dnd 😡😡😡 so it’s just my husband and I on our own.

I can’t find sf popsicles. Might have to check target tonight.

I’m looking at what I can eat next week. I asked my nutritionist and am waiting for a response.

I am 8 d post bypass and I just called to verify. No Jello till 3w post op. Only clear liquids and a special kind of Protein Shake. optisource as opposed to Optifast

1 hour ago, Megan Sadler said:

I asked my nutritionist why 2 weeks and she said this “The 2-week guideline is to allow time for healing in your stomach. This is also the amount of time it takes for digestion to kind of return to normal. When people advance too quickly, we find that is when they have problems with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea -- which then sets them back further than if they had just waited!”

I can’t have Jello. My support people have “better” things to do like play video games and abandon my kids for dnd 😡😡😡 so it’s just my husband and I on our own.

I can’t find sf popsicles. Might have to check target tonight.

I’m looking at what I can eat next week. I asked my nutritionist and am waiting for a response.

I got my SF popsicles from WM ice cream

section. Maybe try there.

Am 6 weeks post op and am still feeling nauseous with a big dose of buyers remorse :(

I am having difficulty adjusting to my new lifestyle and am impatient to feel normal again!!

Taking PPI and trying to be mindful of what I am eating but ....

hoping this gets better soon!

4 minutes ago, 33andathird said:

Am 6 weeks post op and am still feeling nauseous with a big dose of buyers remorse :(

I am having difficulty adjusting to my new lifestyle and am impatient to feel normal again!!

Taking PPI and trying to be mindful of what I am eating but ....

hoping this gets better soon!

You poor dear, that just sounds dreadful!!! Have u tried behind the ear patch? Worked miracles and this is the first surgery I woke with zero nausea! Are you taking anything for it? Are there certain foods that are more soothing than others? Hopefully you have at least lost some good weight to make up for some of your mystery. Hang in there!

I was there today looking. Nothing but frozen sugar on sticks 😩 I’m almost to 32 oz of Water today!! I’ll make it before bed time!! They said if I can keep up the 32 oz each day and continue building up closer to the 64 oz I should be okay by the end of the weekend. Ellie for nausea I would suggest diffusing some ginger essential oil it should help I’m still figure out food my normal suggestion doesn’t work in our case because of dumping syndrome. Good luck!! I have a bunch of my nausea pills left maybe ask for another perscription for those??

Yes, I had the patch at my surgery also and was great! My nausea started about 3 weeks ago when I transitioned to soft foods. I just can’t figured out why ... I then got dehydrated (due to not drinking or eating cuz of the nausea) which led to a UTI -

I am a mess 😥and wondering when this will even out and I will start feeling good about this decision. So many others do!

I hope you are doing well and wish you luck on your recovery!

Hi Megan

i am so impressed that you can get all your liquid in! I am having the hardest time!

I also have some of the nausea pills left but wanted a non medical way of coping with this - I will try the ginger...

Thank you so much!

33andathird I’ve had the same issue, since about three weeks I get nauseous every time I eat or drink. I’ve followed my post op eating plan as best I can. I’ve actually been behind because of it. I was given medicine for nausea and now that’s how I eat. It’s only been for 2 days but it’s so nice being able to eat/drink without the extreme nausea.