Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

All,

dies yhe wster in your Decaf and Water to mix Soup etc count towards the daily total? Cuz if not, I’ve been doing it wrong...

I’m going to try to make a low carb version.

Chinese food! That’s what I’ve been wanting. Makes me sad

On 08/31/2018 at 20:41, ellie123 said:

All,

dies yhe wster in your Decaf and Water to mix Soup etc count towards the daily total? Cuz if not, I’ve been doing it wrong...

I don’t know about your decaf, unless it’s got absolutely 0 caffeine in it... but any caffeine free liquid counts... so Soups count, broths count, Jello counts, sugar free popsicles count.

On my program any liquid counts. Ask your NUT.

Edited by J San

Low carb pizza, pray share when u figure it out. There is a place here, I forget it’s name that makes the crust from cauliflower and eggs. Yummy stuff. What would I give...

Use a portabella mushroom and clean it out. Put sf marinara in and top with cheese and toppings bake. 😍😍🍕🍕🍕

https://www.facebook.com/MrCookingPanda/videos/2170659096292104/

Personally I’ll put pineapple, spinach and pepperoni usually if add mushroom but the crust is mushroom

So I got up this morning and made Breakfast 🍳 for my husband and kids. (Scrambled eggs, toast, home fries) and omg I was so exhausted after. I have the kids today because we’re strapped for cash and someone asked hub to help him for the day he’ll come home with about $200 so we need that.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:20 AM, sleevedllama said:

I've entered the soft foods stage and suddenly I'm feeling paralyzed. I cannot figure out how I can possibly get the amount of Protein and drink the amount of Water (the only two things I'm supposed to be tracking) through tiny amounts of food, while also being told not to eat throughout the day. For example, an egg has about 6-7g of Protein -- and I have been able to eat only about 3/4-1 of a scrambled egg at a time. I'm supposed to be getting 21-30g of protein per meal -- but I can't eat 3 eggs. I also don't think I can bring myself to eat pureed meat. I realize that at some point I'm going to be able to eat larger amounts of food, but I am just trying to stick to the simple rules here and I can't wrap my brain around this. So my strategy today is to carry unflavored Protein Powder wherever I go and stick to my Protein Shake for Breakfast & Snacks, then add the unflavored powder to the other foods I eat. Any other strategies? I'm not craving food, but I would like to eat. I just do not want to go back to old habits! I'm determined to use this new tool I have correctly, to lose all the excess weight, and not to regain. But I'm feeling a little panicked at the moment.

I had a similar concern but what's working right now is GENEPRO Protein Powder for supplementation. Its a tiny scoop that dissolves a really easily in a half of a cup of liquid. So I do one scoop of protein powder which is 30 grams of protein in a half a cup of Fairlife milk. Then I add instant Decaf coffee and whatever flavor I want. I have that for breakfast then I usually have another one as a snack in the afternoon. After my breakfast I'll have a bite or two of food maybe refried Beans or tuna if I can tolerate it but I will have actual food for lunch and dinner. I've used the ricotta bites, refried beans, and tuna so far. I may try adding a couple of other foods this weekend. I hope you find something that works for you!

On 08/31/2018 at 20:29, AEdoesRnY said:

Officially one month out yesterday and today I'm officially 20 lbs down since surgery...again, let's hope it sticks this time around! I was doing really well the first two weeks post-op and then the last two weeks I've been gaining/losing the same few pounds. I've lost 2-3 pounds or less over the last two weeks, but I'm trying to look at it as "wow, 20 lbs in a month!" rather than looking at the 2-3 pounds in two weeks. I've been hung up in the same spot that has been like a brick wall every time I've tried to lose weight before.

I also emailed my NUT to ask about it and what she said was really helpful to me, so I thought I'd also share here. I was prepared for a stall/plateau around week 2 or 3, but was not prepared for it to last as long as it has, so this was reassuring!

Plateaus are common even after weight loss surgery and they often will happen at points where your body has wanted to stall in the past. In the first 6 months after surgery, they are usually 1-3 weeks in length. They can last even longer than that after 6 months post-op. Have faith that you are on track! Focus on how clothes are fitting and if you are losing inches more than pounds. Know that stress and poor sleep can also influence the scale in addition to diet and exercise.

I am one month post op today and have lost 29 pounds since pre op. I had stalls around week 2-3 also so reading your post reassured me that I am on the right track. THANKS!!

I was wondering has any one else every feel when the bend over that their tummy feels like it’s folding in half. I’m a 7 weeks post op and I noticed this feeling like 2 weeks ago.. Any one has any thoughts on this

43 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

So I got up this morning and made Breakfast 🍳 for my husband and kids. (Scrambled eggs, toast, home fries) and omg I was so exhausted after. I have the kids today because we’re strapped for cash and someone asked hub to help him for the day he’ll come home with about $200 so we need that.

Oh no, that’s cruel and unusual to have to cook, luckily my hubby took over and I don’t go to the kitchen at all. Sending you positive thoughts energy and patience for today

On 08/31/2018 at 20:39, ellie123 said:

Low carb pizza, pray share when u figure it out. There is a place here, I forget it’s name that makes the crust from cauliflower and eggs. Yummy stuff. What would I give...

I bought some crusts from cali’flour foods and I am FINALLY going to try it tomorrow for my first day of solids! I read about them on a different thread on here and my sister and I both ordered some weeks ago (she’s skinny/does low carb not for WLS reasons). She raved about them snd already ordered more crusts so I’m extra looking forward to it! They’ve been sitting in my freezer waiting for so long and I finally get to have one!!