Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the day! Happy surgery day to me!!

Currently checked in at the hospital waiting to go back to get prepped for surgery.

Shoutout to all the other June 7th surgery people!!

Wrote this last night when I couldn’t call asleep.

Twas the night before surgery, when all thro” the house, not a cookie was found, not even a crumb.

The chicken broth was cooked by the microwave with care, in hopes that my surgery would soon be here.

I then lay down nestled all snug in my bed, while visions of my tiny waist danced in my head.

Dreaming me in size 10’s and all the new clothes, had me dozing away for a short summers nap.

When out from my phone there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to my phone I flew like a flash, turned off my alarm, and threw on the bath.

@FabulousFun87 Congrats and good luck!

12 minutes ago, FabulousFun87 said:

Currently checked in at the hospital waiting to go back to get prepped for surgery.

Shoutout to all the other June 7th surgery people!!

Wrote this last night when I couldn’t call asleep.

Twas the night before surgery, when all thro” the house, not a cookie was found, not even a crumb.

The chicken broth was cooked by the microwave with care, in hopes that my surgery would soon be here.

I then lay down nestled all snug in my bed, while visions of my tiny waist danced in my head.

Dreaming me in size 10’s and all the new clothes, had me dozing away for a short summers nap.

When out from my phone there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to my phone I flew like a flash, turned off my alarm, and threw on the bath.

Lovely! Congrats and Good luck!

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Remember we will be here to support you afterwards.

And now Your surgery should be over
And you're back in your room
Try to catch your breath quickly
Because you'll be up walking soon.
Your tummy feels tender, your throat might too
You're laying there dizzy wondering what next to do.
Wait and see what they bring you
Probably Jello, broth and a fruity drink is all
In teeny cups and bowls sized for a Barbie Doll.
But remember your fluids are important
They'll help you heal, don't you know?
You'll know the quantity is sufficent
When you suddenly have to go.
But it's part of your new journey
To become smaller thinner and feel better
To get rid of large worn clothes and all the ugly sweaters
But instead of a fat grub
You're becoming a beautiful butterfly
So spread your shiny new wings
And fly, baby, fly!
Your friend and best cheerleader
FRUSTR8

I am hopeful all is well and your resting, can’t wait to hear all the progress

Thanks you all for the support. I’m doing okay, other than gas pains. I’m able to get fluids down (very slowly). I’ve gotten up and did my walking a couple times.

At first a had to beg for them to let me get up, when that didn’t work I threatened to pull out all my wires and go walking on my own. After that they magically found someone to walk with me. Praying I don’t get the same nurse as yesterday, she was so unprofessional. When I would ask legit question she ignored me and would just straight walk out of my room.

Great news! Hope you’re recovery goes smoothly!

5 hours ago, FabulousFun87 said:

Thanks you all for the support. I’m doing okay, other than gas pains. I’m able to get fluids down (very slowly). I’ve gotten up and did my walking a couple times.

At first a had to beg for them to let me get up, when that didn’t work I threatened to pull out all my wires and go walking on my own. After that they magically found someone to walk with me. Praying I don’t get the same nurse as yesterday, she was so unprofessional. When I would ask legit question she ignored me and would just straight walk out of my room.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Ask to talk to the Nurse Manager and advise them that your questions are being ignored. That's a major "no-no".

Congrats on your surgery! I also had problems with a nurse my first night, and had to talk with the Nurse Manager. It's important to file a complaint, so that they can correct the problem for future patients.