Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
  • Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• CJ.  »  BrendaIsela

Did you go through with the DS? How are you making out?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MrsGamgee

Well, long time no see. 
      It's been a rough couple of weeks. I should have been expecting the other shoe to drop after having it so easy for the first three weeks post op. I was getting my water and protein easily, had no pain, nausea, or vomiting.
      But as soon as the soft foods really started in earnest I started having problems. Pain, foamies, slimeys, vomiting galore. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Something that I ate easily yesterday causes pain and vomiting after the first bite today. Sometimes it's my pills, other times they go down easy. I just don't get it. 
      I'm trying to stay positive. I know this is a season in my life, and things will eventually even out. I'm just so tired of being afraid to eat, not knowing what kind of response my body will have. I'm mostly hitting my protein target, thanks in large part to protein shakes (which I hate, but look at as medicine). I missed my water targets by a lot over the weekend, due mostly to feeling awful, which I know is a terrible cycle... throw up, don't feel like drinking anything, get dehydrated, get constipated, feel like crap, repeat. 
      The three-week stall is also still here. I thought I had busted through it, but I've been bouncing between 216-219 for the last two and a half weeks, which is a contributing factor to my mood and frustration level. And add in wee-lings who are going crazy with end of the school year insanity, friends with busy schedules who I haven't been able to see in weeks, and I'm an unhappy girl. 
      Things will turn around. I know they will. Just not feeling it at this moment. 
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

Hey @MrsGamgee, I've missed you :1007_hearts:, welcome back (of sorts)!

Sorry to hear you are feeling blue. You've got the right thought processes to get through this phase, but yeah, it's still tough. Hang in there, though!

Have you gone to see your surgeon or checked in with your PCP lately?

2. MrsGamgee

Thanks @ms.sss. I saw my RD last week (at the bariatric clinic), and told her everything that's been going on. She said that it was within the range of normal (some people are just lucky like me... lol), and that because it isn't consistent, even though it's happening often, she's not terribly concerned. I need to slow down when I'm eating, and to chew even more than I already am. If she saw how little water I drank over the weekend she'd likely be a little concerned but I have really refocused on that, and am already 2/3 of the way to today's goal at noon. I don't have another appointment on the books now until August, but if things don't start to show some improvement by Thursday morning (my 6-week mark), I'm calling my nurse.

3. ms.sss

hope things get better with the slowing down and the water-prioritizing. keep us posted :1007_hearts:

small tip: I used the timer on my watch religiously between bites in the early days (actually I still do, but I'm a lot less rigid about it now), it really helped keep the foamies/slimies/pain/barfing at bay by helping me slow down.

• dmadms  »  ARMoma45

I saw the post where you were denied the first time because you lost to much weight.  How much did you lose?  I lost 1 # my 2nd month and 6# my third month and scared to death I have screwed up.  

Thanks
      Dana
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

I lost 11% of my body weight and they wanted me to fail to lose 10%. I even called the insurance company and asked them to clarify because the wording was confusing. I didn't know if they wanted me to lose the 10% or fail to lose the 10%. I was told to lose 10% so I did and apparently the person that I spoke to wasn't correct. But also this was in December and my company was scheduled to change to a different division of BCBS after the first of the year. So that probably played more into the denial than anything.

I continued my monthly visits and they clearly showed that I plateaued about month 5/6 and began to regain. I originally lost from 333 to 298 and regained back up to 330 but have now lost back down to 318.

• allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

As a tea-a-holic, I'm happy to hear this. Thanks!

• JamesL73

One week post-revision, down 5 lbs since surgery day.....which puts me back under 300. VICTORY!!! Still a ways to go but I'll take every little win I can get. Feeling great other than minor abdominal discomfort.
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

That's awesome....keep up the great work :)

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs