Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for RNY bypass on June 14, 2018. Currently, I’m on day four of my pre-op diet. So far, so good!
  • Like 5

My RNy is June 6, 2018! Im so excited!

• Like 3

Hi! I’m scheduled for RnY on June 25th and am feeling excited, scared, not quite prepared but spending time researching. Preop consult is June 8th. Ten day Preop diet starts June 15th. Best wishes to all!
  • Like 5

Scheduled for RNY on June 4th. Start the liquid diet tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jennporter11 said:

Scheduled for RNY on June 4th. Start the liquid diet tomorrow.

Wow! You've lost so much weight already. Congratulations! Good luck Monday. Glad to have found some buddies on here.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, asmith475 said:

My RNy is June 6, 2018! Im so excited!

SAME!! I think we're surgery twins!

• Like 2

My surgery is June 15th. I am on day three of the diet.
  • Like 2

I'm on June 11 and day two of the liquid diet. I've had the worst Headache today. I'm wondering if I need to stop my metformin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My RNY is scheduledfor June 18! On day two of my pre-op diet. I keep reminding myself that hunger is not an emergency. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thinking of our June 6th Surgery Twins. Wishing all the best and eager to hear about your updates.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 7:55 PM, Iwanttoseemytoes said:

I'm on June 11 and day two of the liquid diet. I've had the worst Headache today. I'm wondering if I need to stop my metformin.

Are you feeling better (headaches wise)?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, jessicajourney said:

Are you feeling better (headaches wise)?

Yes, thank you for asking! Today is the first day I haven't had one. I haven't had caffeine in a while, I just didn't expect headaches. I had my final surgeon's appointment today. I'm all set to go!!

I feel like it's a dream.

• Like 1

@Iwanttoseemytoes - Yay!!!! Glad to hear it. I weaned myself off coffee (1/4 C) less every 2-3 days for about a month and a half until I was caffeine free. Cold turkey will bring on killer headaches. I've been there before. It's seriously countdown mode now for you. Woot, woot!

• Like 1

Thinking of our June 6th Surgery Twins. Wishing all the best and eager to hear about your updates.

Just had my last Protein Drink for a while. Surgery tomorrow morning at 0730. Good luck!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• #MagicWithinme

Last night went to dinner with family.  My sister texted me later, hey sis your make up looked really good tonight. I said Wow , thanks I'm not wearing any.
      #goodhealthshows
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

That really is a compliment! You must be glowing with health!

• Mattymatt

Uh oh! Something happened to Matty this week. I was in a local Wawa (think east coast convenience store) and a gorgeous girl ran smack into me while I was grabbing a grape Propel - just couldn't deal with anymore water today. She was texting and walking ... okay, yeah, this missed me as Gen X'er. Well she looked up at me and flashed me one helluva smile. I was feeling pretty good that day so it was time to bring out some game, "So you know I can't let a gorgeous girl who crashes into me go without getting her phone number." LOL! She turned beet red, asked for my phone and sent herself a text message from mine. She said, "Because you men never call ..." I don't know quite what I was thinking but figured it would be one heck of a ride. What is it with me and short girls? I seem to attract them and I don't honestly care about height. She's all of 5'4". I knew she was young but it didn't occur to me how young. What did I just get myself into?
      I told myself no dating until the scale reads 190 but this new me is feeling sexually driven like I have never been before. Well, she's right I wasn't really planning on calling her so she called me. So I told her my age (41) and was shocked to hear that she generally goes for men older than 35. We must've talked on the phone close to 3 hours. You're going to think I am lying when I tell you she's a 3rd year med student and is interested in training to be a bariatric surgeon. The stars might've just aligned but I want to go slow and told her that I had weight loss surgery. She's totally my type - the professional, highly educated, and ambitious woman. That's what frightens me, because in the past, this has lead to unhealthy relationships. Well, I've got a date lined up for Saturday and I just want to have some fun. I needed money in order to make this happen so I sold a bunch of old computer equipment and managed to raise some capital for this adventure. I know I won't be drinking alcohol but that's okay.
      · 9 replies
      1. Matt Z

That's pretty damn epic man... Congrats! It's crazy with some liberally applied confidence can do!

2. MN_Meg770

Wow! Way to go Matt! You sound out of my league ;)

3. okayestmom

It sounds like you are already have fun even before the date. Relax and enjoy.

This post was just what I needed, I am tired of medical stuff today.

4. Mattymatt

No @MN_Meg770, you're not out of my league. You're just too far away :-( I like you very much and if you lived in my area, you'd be totally dateable. As I wrote before, having a type is not really healthy a thing and I am hesitant to get into a relationship with someone whom might not be very understanding of a disability.

5. MN_Meg770

I was just teasing you silly :) It is all good.

6. View All Replies
    • TxAlpha06

It's more successfully minded to ask questions like.... When can I begin working out.... Or when can I return to work as opposed to when can I eat that or this again.....
      #GetYaDamnMindRight
      #MarathonNotASprint
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

You've got that right!

2. Tealael

True story

• 39rebecca

Scheduled for July 18th! Means the 2 week liquid diet starts on July 4th! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Charity G

Down another three pounds and had my one-month post-surgery follow-up (although its actually be 7 weeks tomorrow, their scheduling sucks). The nurse practitioner was pleased with my weight loss (36 pounds in 7 weeks) and told me I was cleared to go back to water aerobics and whatever else I would like to pursue exercise wise. Now to find a new pair of tennis shoes
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

36 pounds - that's awesome! Congrats!

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs