Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Rejection - Answer to Port Problems

Blah blah Betty, stop being right! I want a fill, boo hooo hooooo. But you are right, I need to wait, what, like 5-6 weeks? Is that about when original banded patients can get their first fill?

Shelly, remember when those new potato chips came out that were made with Olean, that fat free oil stuff (was it even called Olean?) Anyway, I ate the entire bag cuz why wouldn't I? I got really sick in the belly. Fat free and sugar free foods are loaded with other stuff that can make the belly pretty damn sick. I like Leatha's idea of sucking on hard candy. Penni sent me a barrel of cinnamon suckers. I also love freezing orange juice in the ice trays. I'm gonna try to get one single night of no crap after dinner, but if I can't make it, I'll suck on hard candy till my teeth fall out.

hehehehe i never tried the olean chips but i'll eat a bag of SF candy and not worry about the after effect...luckily (or maybe unluckily) they dont send me RUNNING to the bathroom just make me a little gassy.

yep 6 weeks on the fill...i too think its a good idea to wait.

keep yourself busy at night...phone calls are great...what about taking one of those cutie pie pooches for a walk each night.....i dunno but keep yourself busy...

also this is a BIG ONE for me...ALWAYS plan your meals! pack your lunch for the next day, Snacks to because when i have something good i eat it...when i am left to my own devices theres a 50/50 chance i'll make the right chioce.

michelle

ohhhhhh and breyers (maybe its dole?) makes no sugar added popscicles....25 calories and 3 carbs!!!!!! YUUUUUUMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

michelle

Phone calls work! I got so obsessed with phone calls that I wrote numbers down all over the house. Some in a book, some on a pad... now I can't find all my numbers. I thought I updated my on-line address book, but they aren't there. I need a secretary to organize my head.

Phone calls work! I got so obsessed with phone calls that I wrote numbers down all over the house. Some in a book, some on a pad... now I can't find all my numbers. I thought I updated my on-line address book, but they aren't there. I need a secretary to organize my head.

Had to test the "Yaaarrrr, Matey" quote link... :o

Donali, I put that Blumaroo up special for you! I felt like taking up a whole page today so Penni can see that I CAN figure stuff out all by myself!

Cool, and confusing.... This thread now looks totally different than the others - looks like all the replies are being grouped under this post... fascinating... Okay, yeah, fascinating if you absolutely have nothing better to do... lol :o

Guest sanmae

Hello I am new on this site and would like to know more about the Lap Band. I am 5 6, 238lbs, female, age 55. I have gained 90 pounds in 5 yrs from steroids. I am off the drugs and now need helpppppppp. Can you tell me how long it takes to lose the weight? Is it a difficult proceedure and healing time? Can you go to work soon after? If you can help me I would appreciate it. Also, does BlueCross/Blue Sheild of S. Florida take the insurance?

Sandi

Sanmae, I'm going to move your message to a new thread so people will see it. Lisa, this has gotten extremely confusing! What the heck did you do??? Can you un-do it? Or maybe we should lock this thread so it doesn't keep doing whatever it's doing...

Sanmae....just a suggestion for you to post your thread under introductions so that everyone will notice it....

Just a littly FYI, I am 5'7" and started out at 235, in a 20-22 size pants and a XXL shirt. I have lost a total of 65 lbs and have 20 to go. I was banded on Aug 20-03. I had my surgery on a wed and was back to work on Monday. A nurse told me just the other day that it takes up to 2 years for you to lose all the weight. Could be shorter, could be longer depending on if you eat nothing but sweets or if you eat your Protein first like the Doctor's suggest. As far as your insurance..i have no clue...Have a wonderful day!

Okay, I got rid of Orlando. I posted him out of sarcasm cuz I was feelin' a little spunky after getting beaten up at my "I hate tickers" thread. Just trying to keep the sparks flying! I almost made it last night! I only had 2 suckers and a fudgsickle after dinner. Not bad at all considering how bad I've been. Plus I got up and walked & exercised this morn. Last night I did it with phone calls. I drained the batteries out of both my cell and my cordless home phone, but it kept me from eating!