Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. I'm 14 months post surgery (down 90 lbs) and need advice.

I've been stalled since November (no loss no gain) and would appreciate any help from those who have been in the same boat.

Thanks all!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Can't help with the stall, but congrats on your weight loss so far!

Watch your calories....get them under 1200. Up your exercise and switch it up...if you do the same exercise all the time your body adapts and it's less effective. Throw in something completely new in your routine.

Most of all...be patient, and stay the course. Stalls suck, but they're part of the game.

Edited by Creekimp13

Watch your calories....get them under 1200. Up your exercise and switch it up...if you do the same exercise all the time your body adapts and it's less effective. Throw in something completely new in your routine.
Most of all...be patient, and stay the course. Stalls suck, but they're part of the game.

So this long of a stall happens? That makes me feel better. Ok I'll try to switch it up

Do you weigh/measure/log your food?

How much Protein are you getting each day? How many cals in a day?

Maybe post your average food for a day or two?

Are you drinking? Are you having any cheat crap foods--even a bite or two?

Are you eating/drinking together?

Are you focusing on dense protein first>>>low glycemic vegges second>>>tiny bits of healthy fats third>>>low glycemic fruits last if there is room?

I think the big issue...is that you're getting so close to goal and as you get smaller your nutritional needs decrease. Also, as you get farther away from surgery, your restriction decreases a little, too...so it's easier to over eat. I know it's a pain in the ass to keep a food journal, but I think it'll be key to breaking your stall....it's so easy for extra calories to sneak into our diets when we're not paying super close attention. (and I know it gets old. I feel your pain)

Also, I think when our bodies get used to exercises we've grown accustom to, it's hard to understand why it's not as effective as it used to be. Might be useful to measure your heart rate and push to get to cardio level for 30 minutes 3 times a week. When I was fifty pounds heavier it was SOOOOO much easier to get to cardio level. Now, I've really gotta push a little.

Might make all the difference for you. Can't hurt to try, right?

Wishing you the best.

Do you weigh/measure/log your food?
How much Protein are you getting each day? How many cals in a day?
Maybe post your average food for a day or two?
Are you drinking? Are you having any cheat crap foods--even a bite or two?
Are you eating/drinking together?
Are you focusing on dense protein first>>>low glycemic vegges second>>>tiny bits of healthy fats third>>>low glycemic fruits last if there is room?

I will pay a lot after work today but...
I'll have to check on protien after work too
No crap foods
I drink about 65 to 70 oz
Do not eat and drink together ever
Yes on protien first

Are you drinking alcohol or having any Desserts? Is sugar back in your diet anywhere? Are your Protein Drinks low carb?

:D

How about increasing leafy vegetables and Fiber intake. How regular are your bowel movements? Can you try to get closer to 100 oz of Water? (All recs of my NUT when I stalled for nearly a month)

HW 270
SW 238
CW 188
VSG 11/7
[emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Good luck!!!