Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

25 lbs

8 hours ago, Fallinfast said:

I'm still behind you a good 10 lbs with only 10 days difference. How much time are you in the gym. I've been so weak with so few calories I am not sure I would survive.

I agree with you with the gym. I went to yoga for the first time post op. I was dizzy. I was tired.

My nutritionist said to drink a Protein Shake before gym. Better then food

Hang in there!, isn’t this a weight that you maintained for a while in years past?, nutrionionist mentioned that the plateaus are connected to weight that we maintained either losing or gaining weight.

I am in a lot of pain. I was afraid something was wrong so I am very relieved to know that others are experiencing this also. Does anyone know why this is necessary? No one warned me, but I did ask for an abdominal binder and it is really helped. I actually have a panty that comes up under my breast that I would wear to parties and when I wore a dress. It is even more comfortable than the binder but my hubby has to help me get it back on after I go to the bathroom.

Hi there! Sleeved on June 5. Still struggling with getting enough Protein and Water. I’m finding Protein Bars settle best with me but I’m sick of my current brand/flavor (Quest mint). What’s your favorite Protein Bar? How do you manage to get all your protein in? No Premier Protein shakes.....they make me nauseated now. 🤢

@PretzelRN I’m in the same boat. I no longer can drink premier shakes and Quest, so I’m stuck. I’m going to wait on the responses to see if anyone else trying something different.

24 minutes ago, PretzelRN said:

Hi there! Sleeved on June 5. Still struggling with getting enough Protein and Water. I’m finding Protein Bars settle best with me but I’m sick of my current brand/flavor (Quest mint). What’s your favorite Protein Bar? How do you manage to get all your Protein in? No Premier Protein shakes.....they make me nauseated now. 🤢

Hi, sleeved 6/21 down 25 lbs since surgery. i usually drink muscle milk - pro series has 40 grams of protein per serving and the regular has 25 grams. i also use the Isopure powder to add protein to just about anything, coffee, pudding and Jello.

Edited by blacklioness72

One of our Bari- Buds was extolling the virtues of Unjury today, might be another variety you could try.☕

Hello I got the sleeve done June 19. What is everyone able to eat now? I’m still eating soft foods tried some beef but didn’t tolerate it. Ground chicken and turkey seems to ok so far. I’ve noticed I last longer in mornings with a mix of oatmeal and yogurt. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to eat getting kind of bored of chicken and turkey

11 hours ago, MrsLingo said:

@PretzelRN I’m in the same boat. I no longer can drink premier shakes and Quest, so I’m stuck. I’m going to wait on the responses to see if anyone else trying something different.

I drink both Unjury shakes and Bariatric Advantage shakes. I have also bought some things from the BariatricPal Store that will arrive tomorrow! I'm excited!

I was sleeved on June 4 and I use sugar free Torani Syrup and a vanilla Protein Shake in the morning for Creamer in my coffee. It sets me up with 30 grams of Protein right away. Its a good and yummy way to start the day.

2 hours ago, bcounts said:

Hello I got the sleeve done June 19. What is everyone able to eat now? I’m still eating soft foods tried some beef but didn’t tolerate it. Ground chicken and turkey seems to ok so far. I’ve noticed I last longer in mornings with a mix of oatmeal and yogurt. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to eat getting kind of bored of chicken and turkey

I got Starkist tuna and chicken packets. They have a variety of flavors and they are nice and soft. I also ate hummus, soft Babybel cheese, string cheese, mashed potatoes, canned veggies, canned fruit in Water, applesauce, refried Beans with guacamole and salsa.. if youre short on Protein I recommend getting some unflavored protein (Unjury sells packets of it) and mixing it in with your oatmeal or Soup. Beef is pretty hard on me too, you might try white fish like cod, tilapia, etc.

Finally saw movement on the scale after about a two week stall.... woo woo.... i did start making sure I eat protien first and then veggies or carbs.... I noticed since doing that I get full faster.... so the amount I eat at a time went down some.... I was eating between 4-5oz before paying attention to the Protein first rule.... now I get about 2oz of protien and I start to feel pretty full I may get an oz of whatever side I have. Scale is down 2 pounds from my 180.00 stall so glad to see it moving again. I’m on my way to the gym to sign up.... Its to hot in my home gym to work out in.... excited for new changes.... happy Friday everyone!

On 7/27/2018 at 10:28 AM, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Finally saw movement on the scale after about a two week stall.... woo woo.... i did start making sure I eat protien first and then veggies or carbs.... I noticed since doing that I get full faster.... so the amount I eat at a time went down some.... I was eating between 4-5oz before paying attention to the Protein first rule.... now I get about 2oz of protien and I start to feel pretty full I may get an oz of whatever side I have. scale is down 2 pounds from my 180.00 stall so glad to see it moving again. I’m on my way to the gym to sign up.... Its to hot in my home gym to work out in.... excited for new changes.... happy Friday everyone!

My dietician made a specific point of saying no more than 3 oz of Protein in a meal. That my stomach can’t handle more .

@PretzelIRN I put 1 scoop of Unjury unflavored power in 1 cup of Fair Life non fat milk. It gives me 34 grams of Protein. I drink one in the morning and one at night for a total of 68 grams of protein. But I’m also getting bored and I’m looking for other ways to get my protein.

Your not eating food yet??