Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, Pete_A said:

I am on a eternal stall, lost 14lbs in 2 weeks than around 1 lb per week since than. Lost 22lbs in total since surgery(6/7). On other groups I heard about the fat whoosh effect. I definitely recommended to google it. It explain stalls. Unfortunately my Doctor is super busy and my month follow up will happen next week almost 2 months so I am kinda flying blind.

Thank you for posting this about the 'Whoosh effect', Pete. It made sense to me and put my mind at rest.

@pacheka I walked at least an hour a day (split into 10 minute increments) immediately after surgery. After 2 weeks I was cleared by my surgeon to do as much exercise as I felt comfortable doing. Right now I’m 2 months post op and I go to the gym 3 times a week for 90 minutes. I eat between 700-900 calories per day and try to drink 128ozs of Water. I eat no less than 80 grams of Protein per day.
The key is to develop these behaviors while the new tool we have been given is doing most of the work. Soon it’ll be the behaviors we created that do the work and we should be happy and healthy!

After my 3 week wls stall I’m finally out of the 180s and weighing in at 178.

I've been walking about 45 minutes a day starting immediately after surgery. My surgeon has cleared me to get back to the gym and start with weights next week (week 7). My entire bariatric team encourages us to get active ASAP so I wonder if that book is outdated.

On 08/02/2018 at 12:45, pacheka said:

Just wondering how much everybody is exercising? I've been reading a bariactric book and says to not exercise post surgery due to the fact we are only eating 500 to 800 calories?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am working out 5 times a week, weight lifting. Building muscle to improve metabolism. It goes well with the high Protein diet recommended. I am not seeing weight loss but only 2 weeks of weight lifting the difference on the body is noticeable. Just had my 1 month follow up (2 month post op, my doc is very busy), Doc said is all good too work out.

On 08/01/2018 at 14:55, looly said:

Thank you for posting this about the 'Whoosh effect', Pete. It made sense to me and put my mind at rest.

My pleasure, it does make sense.

Well, I must be a great big girly wuss because I only swam 600 metres (25 lengths) in half an hour today and I feel knocked out! :(

I was able to swim 60 lengths in 60 minutes before the surgery (maybe it's because I was as big as a whale!;))

I've been walking 30-45 minutes a day until now, but even then I sometimes feel light-headed. I'm 5 weeks post op. Well...I suppose we're all different...

Since day of surgery June 13 I have only lost 16 lbs..

1 hour ago, Fallinfast said:

Since day of surgery June 13 I have only lost 16 lbs..

I’m June 1

down 37

at a stand still

frustrating

it doesn’t make sense. I eat what 800 Calories a day

we gotta move

what r u u eating

I hope to give you a bit of encouragement here. I experienced the same thing and was very disappointed, thinking my big investment and journey wasn’t going to work with me. The stalls so early on were frustrating and I was doing everything right too. Well guess what? That passed and now I’m losing a pound about every 3-5 days, just doing the same thing. Protein first, keeping calories and carbs low. Slow and steady - It’s working now! My surgery was June 4 and I’ve lost 38 pounds since my high weight, 26 pounds since surgery. Hang in there and keep doing it. Also google and read up on the “whoosh effect”.

Hi, just had surgery June 29. No complications except I'm either always feeling constipated or full of gas. Anyone have a solution to getting rid of this feeling of the need to "go". It's making what should be a great time in my life, miserable. I don't want to leave the house. I can't enjoy my life now that I'm feeling like this.

3 minutes ago, SleevedWife54 said:

Hi, just had surgery June 29. No complications except I'm either always feeling constipated or full of gas. Anyone have a solution to getting rid of this feeling of the need to "go". It's making what should be a great time in my life, miserable. I don't want to leave the house. I can't enjoy my life now that I'm feeling like this.

After over a week of Constipation by dr recommended take a dose of milk of magnesia (I found the cherry flavor most palatable). If nothing happens within 3 hours take a second dose. I did that and about one hour after second dose spent about 1/2 hr in bathroom melting away. Just be sure to flush every so often lol. He than suggested a daily stool softener, like one Dulcolax a day to stay regular.

Any one experienced cramping on the pre/op diet. This is my second week and this morning having severe cramps when drinking Water in my lower back, sides and both sides of my stomach I’m not experiencing any constapation, or gas. I might have to call my dr office if it does not ease up. Any thoughts?

10 hours ago, Diane60 said:

Any one experienced cramping on the pre/op diet. This is my second week and this morning having severe cramps when drinking Water in my lower back, sides and both sides of my stomach I’m not experiencing any constapation, or gas. I might have to call my dr office if it does not ease up. Any thoughts?

My guess, gas

BUT TELL THE DOC

dont ever go by what you read.

anyway. Gas. I know they stressed to me to walk constantly and not stay still. I remember day 1, walking after post op. And day 2 walking most of the day on and off. Went home and would walk every hour for five or so minutes