Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

I am a self patient and just scheduled for June 6, 2018!!! I’m excited!

BMI: 36.35

Weight: 199

I am June 11th! I am doing the sleeve and my wife is doing the bypass the same day. So nervous and so excited! I am also excited that I have found this forum as we close in our surgery day.

2 hours ago, Amanda403 said:

I am June 11th! I am doing the sleeve and my wife is doing the bypass the same day. So nervous and so excited! I am also excited that I have found this forum as we close in our surgery day.

Yayyy we are close dates. We can keep each other encouraged!

10 minutes ago, IntergalacticGal said:

June 7th! Woot! Woot! I’m ready. Happy for the rest of y’all too.

Yayyy we are a day a part!! I’m excited

June 4th , 2018 I am getting sleeved in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ponce! I hope I can eventually stop most of my prescription drugs which have side effects.

1 hour ago, gully90 said:

Yayyy we are a day a part!! I’m excited

I am too! I have no reservations about it. I’m ready.

28 minutes ago, Beebee8 said:

Hello everyone! I am being sleeved on June 4th too. Nervous, apprehensive but mainly excited! My LRD starts next Monday but I seem to be eating everything in sight at the moment :-o
Happy that we can all support each other through this process!

Agreed it’s good have support!!

June 11th and I am self pay as well. Very excited! I have a few more nutrition appointments. Apparently my surgeon uses a staged diet before liquid diet. Also I have to repeat some labs and do a chest x-ray and EKG. Every other test has resulted in finding something wrong i.e. sleep apnea, hiatal hernia, and they put me on a low dose BP med. so I am hoping the EKG comes out normal...

6 hours ago, okayestmom said:

June 11th and I am self pay as well. Very excited! I have a few more nutrition appointments. Apparently my surgeon uses a staged diet before liquid diet. Also I have to repeat some labs and do a chest x-ray and EKG. Every other test has resulted in finding something wrong i.e. sleep apnea, hiatal hernia, and they put me on a low dose BP med. so I am hoping the EKG comes out normal...

Good luck! We are surgery twins! I am sorry you they keep finding issues but it is good to find it now and get it rectified. Good luck!! I have my fingers crossed for you!

On 5/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, gully90 said:

I'm a self pay patient as well but i'm going to Piedras Negras with Dr. Alvarez, I've seen a few people doing self pay in the US. If you self pay in the US does the BMI requirement still stay at 35? I'm considered a low BMI patient with a BMI of 33.

5 hours ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

I'm a self pay patient as well but i'm going to Piedras Negras with Dr. Alvarez, I've seen a few people doing self pay in the US. If you self pay in the US does the BMI requirement still stay at 35? I'm considered a low BMI patient with a BMI of 33.

No I just believe if you are under 35 you have to self pay that’s the only requirement. Plus it’s costly lol. I’m certain by my actual surgery I’ll be like a 33-34 BMI. I was too scared to go out the country.

2 hours ago, gully90 said:

No I just believe if you are under 35 you have to self pay that’s the only requirement. Plus it’s costly lol. I’m certain by my actual surgery I’ll be like a 33-34 BMI. I was too scared to go out the country.

Okay I didn’t know that, yes I researched pricing but could never get exact cost doing it local. I just saw price in the US varied from 25k-35k. I was scared to go out of the country do at first but i researches drs for about 6-8 months before I settled on Dr. Alvarez. There was a bunch in Tijuana that charged less then half of his cost but I they had 50/50 reviews. Some people said they were great some said no. But most said the facilities were questionable. Dr. Alvarez was the only one with all stellar reviews and he’s very active on social media so you can see the brand new hospital. It made me feel a lot better.