Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

Still have a wls stale. I’m still at 180. But what can you do. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Im not too worried, I’m getting my Protein in, same with water( could do better with h20 though.) The scale may not be moving but nothing in my closet fits. So I know my body is changing.

Hello, how is everyone doing??? Just a quick stats update. Since surgery I just lost 24lbs. Surgery was 6/7. I understand weight is not everything but not seen the scale moving  is quite frustrating. I definitely lost inches, dropped 1 size shirt and 2 sizes pants. I have been lifting a lot of weights so that could explain the slow rate of weight loss because I am building my muscle back. So how you all doing???

I’ve been stuck for almost a week on the scale but things feel looser and I’m drinking Water, getting my Protein and walking. Not too concerned yet. Hang in there.

Ugh! Stuck at 215 for almost 2weeks. Im not getting all my Protein in as I should. Can’t complain though as I was sleeved on the 25th of June. Please tell me the scale will move soon!!!!

On 07/30/2018 at 13:28, mikealkay said:

Ugh! Stuck at 215 for almost 2weeks. Im not getting all my Protein in as I should. Can’t complain though as I was sleeved on the 25th of June. Please tell me the scale will move soon!!!!
Yes it will move. Happened to me. I upped my calories with good food of course and ironically it worked! That was. Suggestion from someone who had done it

@Pete_A I’m at a total 37.5 since surgery June 14th. I had a stall for a few days last week but I upped my Protein intake and took an extra 30 minutes of cardio. I went shopping yesterday and I’m excited to say I’m a size 14w and not 18/20 💃🏾I’m still having problems with my Water intake but it’s getting better.

Thank you for giving me hope MrsLingo. I’ve failed at so many attempts to lose weight so I get freaked out now when things slow down.

I, too, seem to be at a stand still but I have another question relating to this topic. I went to my 6 week post op appointment last week. My prescribed nutrition plan was liquids only for 2 weeks then soft food - at six weeks with the idea that Protein Shakes were no longer meals. So I did cottage cheese, yogurt, tuna fish, regular fish, - so far no problem with anything. Then back to normal food. I was explaining to my Nurse Practitioner that I had joined Weight Watchers as a tool to keep me accountable to someone! And she said absolutely no to that idea because Weight Watchers expects you to eat way more than you should be eating! Now, granted, I was still eating less than the usual 23 points because I was still recovering from surgery but then she said - "You should still be eating from the little one ounce cups - like 3 ounces of food at a time." I haven't done that since the 6 weeks was over! I mean, I can eyeball the food and if I get full, I stop eating right away and save the rest for another meal. But I haven't had any problems with any foods and I feel fine. I had some stricture a week ago (feeling like food was stuck in my throat) and she said that many people get that at 6 weeks and just to keep an eye on it and let her know if it continues. It could also be scar tissue from the surgery.

Basically, I feel like I never even had the surgery and I'm back to normal. I do get full fast and I do try and keep up with the Protein and Fluid. But I'm wondering why the NP was still promoting the little cups - I feel like I'm doing something wrong!:56_anguished:

@churchgirl I used to be on weight watchers and The foods I ate we can’t eat as a Bariatric patient. I’m 6 weeks and I still use the cups and measure my meat (protein) because thats all we really can have is Protein. Our stomach can only hold up the most is 3 ounces of meat. However, I can only hold 2 ounces. Now when I eat veggies and protein I can consume more, so I’m guessing that why she’s doesn’t want you to worry about counting points because you may focus on the other foods rather than protein. If you can just try measuring for keeping track maybe that will help. My doctor said the same about Protein Shakes but that’s how I get the most protein. In the morning I use two scoops of Dutch chocolate Isopure, 1 tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter and chia seeds which is - little over 65g of protein. Then lunch and dinner I’m a carnivore.

@Robyn Riley Remember before surgery when we were dieting and working out the scale wouldn’t move, but we were okay and didn’t stress because we knew we were losing inches. Same thing here babe. If you’re doing everything right no need to stress. Switch up. Instead of jumping on the scale try taking your measurements. I use my old belt (men’s belt). Before surgery I barely got to the second hole but today I’m on the sixth hole. You got this. Inbox me anytime

Edited by MrsLingo

2 hours ago, MrsLingo said:

@Pete_A I’m at a total 37.5 since surgery June 14th. I had a stall for a few days last week but I upped my Protein intake and took an extra 30 minutes of cardio. I went shopping yesterday and I’m excited to say I’m a size 14w and not 18/20 💃🏾I’m still having problems with my Water intake but it’s getting better.

Oooooo Girl your progress is giving me life!! I'm so glad this is going so well for you! It gives me motivation to keep pushing forward. I knew I would lose slow but sometimes its a little discouraging.... hearing other peoples progress keeps me focused on goals!

48 down since surgery 6/1 - working to keep Protein and Water up, and trying to find time to get to gym!

I'm down 30 lbs since June 1, and in my 3rd week of soft solids. My nutritionist won't let me start on regular food for another 3 weeks. I'm averaging between 400 and 700 calories, but struggle to get in 50 grams of Protein. And I cannot get 20 grams of fibre no matter how hard I try. And I'm only averaging around 46 ounces of Water.

I know I need to drink more, and up my protein and fibre. How do you do it? I have water will me at all time, and try to sip regularly. Can i take in more than a mouthful every 15 minutes at this point?

So interesting how everyone's programs differs. I've been on a regular diet (no real restrictions other than bubbles). Getting 60g Protein without shakes is hard but doable, but Fiber is really hard - nuts, Protein Bar with fiber, and some fiber gummies still don't get me up to 20g