Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Might be cancelling Surgery. Given the choice would you do it again?

@Chickensoup You got this!!

I can't tell you how glad I was I read this post.. I was having the EXACT same thoughts about my surgery date.. 5/9! Reading through the diet changes I know this is going to be super hard, and one of my SIL kept trying to talk me out of it because "That's too drastic!" and I started to panic (especially being on this week long liquid diet... am I the only one who smells other people's food longingly..? Baha)

So I'm completely with you there, hopefully everything goes smoothly for you!

I am only 5 days post op but YES I would do it again. I wish I would have decided 2 years ago when my asthma got really bad and my back started hurting so bad. I missed a lot in those 2 years.

Since I am a medical person (nurse practitioner) I did not have anyone trying to talk me out of it but there were lots of questions and concerns from the people I told about it. My husband and closest friends were and are supportive once I explained the procedure to them. Nervous about any elective surgery is normal.

Try to take it one day at a time, be gentle with yourself and envision what your life will be a year from now.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, Normaj3443 said:

Im worried about gaining with this preop diet as well. They say the purpose of the preop diet is to shrink ur liver before having the surgery. How much weight did u gain?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I actually lost 10 lbs

On 5/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

I lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet.

I lost 10

1 hour ago, AstroCat said:

I can't tell you how glad I was I read this post.. I was having the EXACT same thoughts about my surgery date.. 5/9! Reading through the diet changes I know this is going to be super hard, and one of my SIL kept trying to talk me out of it because "That's too drastic!" and I started to panic (especially being on this week long liquid diet... am I the only one who smells other people's food longingly..? Baha)

So I'm completely with you there, hopefully everything goes smoothly for you!

Thanks

I will be 2 years out this July. I can say through my ups and downs, I do NOT regret getting surgery. When you undergo any weight loss surgery, you are fighting. Fighting against excuses, bad habits, temptations, bad influences, and haters. It's not an easy battle but I know you can do it. Believe in yourself and believe in your success :780_sparkling_heart:

It’s your journey and not everyone will or can go with you on this journey. I am 5 years out since Sleeve surgery with NO regrets. I needed this tool to deal with overeating and have successfully sustained the lifestyle changes that come with it . From 279 - 174 lbs
Blessed Life and Grateful :-)
Lady L

Great job on your weight loss! I have a similar goal to where you are now, but I’m only about a week out from VSG. any tips you’d like to share? How has loose skin been for you? Thanks for any insight you are willing to offer!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

I think they are jealous, and I bet one of them will be in your shoes in the future after seeing how great you’ve done!
LIVE YOUR LIFE YOU DESERVE IT.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

On 5/5/2018 at 7:06 PM, Chickensoup said:

I was feeling so good about having the VSG until 2 weeks ago when a few coworkers bombarded me with their so called plan of intervention of why nots. Now i have anxiety and nervous and feel like cancelling my surgery in a few days on 5/10. If given the choice all over again would you still make the same choice?

I went through the same feelings right before surgery. Although the majority of people who knew were very supportive, there were some negative people who had something bad to say about my decision. Like what everyone else is saying, I wish I would have done it sooner, but kept putting it off and thinking I can do without. My advice is to remember why you wanted to do it in the first place! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!

I'm a little month post op. I'm still on liquids because I haven't been getting my fluids. but it's still the best gift I've given myself

As I told another questioner today the usual progression is from
OMG What DId,i Just,do to Myself? to "Whoee I Can do This after All!" & I anxiously look forward to both stages, stick around with us,I Will prove Me Right! ❤Frust8