Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Might be cancelling Surgery. Given the choice would you do it again?

Don't wuss out. Don't rationalize. Don't over-think. Trust me. I did all of it and it was a GINORMOUS waste of time. :D

I would do this over again a million billion trillion gazillion times.

Good luck on May 10!! Sorry to hear your co-workers were so crappy about it. Hopefully they meant well - but it seems like they don't get it.

Only thing I regret is the damage I did to myself being overweight for 20 years, wish I did this a long time ago, who cares what co-workers,friends family think. I had many people who were negative and have totally changed their view seeing results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would do it again in a heartbeat. Best decision I have ever made for my health

My only regret is not doing it sooner ! I will not lie , some days are hard . Only because it is a change in my life style and I have to adapt . I am 4 months out and 72 pounds lighter 😁

2 hours ago, Normaj3443 said:

Im worried about gaining with this preop diet as well. They say the purpose of the preop diet is to shrink ur liver before having the surgery. How much weight did u gain?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet.

Im worried about gaining with this preop diet as well. They say the purpose of the preop diet is to shrink ur liver before having the surgery. How much weight did u gain?

You won’t gain on the pre op. It’s designed to cut all sugars out of your body and shrink the liver. I am 11 days in and have lost 14 lbs so far. If anything it kickstarts the weight loss journey

I was feeling so good about having the VSG until 2 weeks ago when a few coworkers bombarded me with their so called plan of intervention of why nots. Now i have anxiety and nervous and feel like cancelling my surgery in a few days on 5/10. If given the choice all over again would you still make the same choice?

Please don’t let these people influence you! An interesting statistic is one from the Real Self website. 99% of the people who have VSG would do it again!

HW: 225
SW: 214 (5/2/2018)
CW: 208
GW: 145

7 hours ago, Normaj3443 said:

I told the people i work with only because I work at a small private practice dental office and me taking off affects everyone. Some were very supportive and happy for me while other were not. The ones who weren't were the ones who gave me the list of negatives about the surgery. These are also the ones who are also overweight themselves and for some reason won't consider the surgery. One of them even said it was because food was the only thing she had in common with her husband...i just figured for every negative they gave me i would give them a positive. In the end it is up to you on whether you want to be healthy. Only you know what you've tried in the past to lose the weight only to have that plus some come back. Don't make your decision on having this surgery based on what others say. Make it on what you know you've gone through to make you consider the surgery in the first place! You've got this and most importantly you've got us! [emoji3]

I'm getting sleeved on 5/15 at 2:30 pm and I can not wait!![emoji2]

Thanks and congratulations on your date

Edited by Chickensoup

My only regret is that I didn’t do this years ago! Worth every complication or negative side affect.

I would absolutely do it over again... it will change your life for the better just go into it with the idea that YOU are changing your life for YOU!!!! No one else is in your shoes. Good luck