Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some support from people who have had the sleeve

Hi I'm scheduled to have my sleeve next Tuesday May 8th. I start my liquid diet on Sunday next week. I've been reading a lot in the forums, I see great experiences and also regrets. Looking for some advice and positive experiences as I get ready to have this done. I have had a lot of surgeries in my life so having some some nerves, but I can't seemed to ever lose all the weight so this is my next step. Any advice , some experiences with other peoples sleeves would really help me as the time is approaching . Thanks :)

Anyone??

Edited by TreeMystic
adding info

I just had my sleeve 6 days ago. The recovery is rough but I can feel in the end I am gonna be happy with the results! I lost 7lbs in six days! Summer body here I come! Don’t be scared, I was scared also, but you just have to stick with what your DR tells you. Good luck!

19 minutes ago, TreeMystic said:

Hi I'm scheduled to have my sleeve next Tuesday May 8th. I start my liquid diet on Sunday next week. I've been reading a lot in the forums, I see great experience and also regrets. Looking for some advice and positive experiences as I get ready to have this done. I have had a lot of surgeries in my life so having some some nerves, but I can't seemed to ever lose all the weight so this is my next step. Any advice , some experiences with peoples sleeves would really help me as the time is approaching . Thanks :) other

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. My advice. You have made a great decision. Many steps and phases to get through and all of us are here to cheer you on.

Surgery is going to help you lose the weight and keep it off long term. It's normal to be excited and nervous. May 8th will be here before you know it. You are going to wake up and your new lifestyle begins.

Some things for motivation.

before and after photos

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/297668-i-want-to-see-before-after-pics-contd/

Weight loss simulator

https://modelmydiet.com/

I'm four years out. Morbidly obese to healthy and physically fit. I am maintaining my weight. I have absolutely no regrets.

I don't have any regrets. I'm 3 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. Starting to eat soft/puree food. Going slow,walking and drinking my Water. I'm down 36lbs since around March 20th. The first week or so is rough and you may think 'why did i do this' but it'll pass. The best of luck to you!

I'm 11 weeks out, and have no regrets! Actually, I wish I had gotten sleeved a few years ago, if that's a regret. My recovery has been pretty smooth. There are of course a few bumps in the road, but overall this has been so positive. I'm down 40 lbs, and it's the easiest 40 lbs I've ever lost. I have no physical hunger (although head hunger is something else!). I also love that I feel full and satisfied after only a few ounces of food, instead of going back for seconds.

You're making the right decision for your future self!

Thank you everyone who took the time to reply :) I really appreciate the positive and honest comments. It's nice to see people that have had positive and happy results. :)

about 12 weeks out here. The first week it's normal to feel like 'what have i just done?', but no regrets. I'm on a "normal" diet now - which is not exactly what i used to eat, but is really quite manageable and enjoyable. I eat everything I want, even candy, in moderation, with emphasis on Protein. I have avoided a couple trigger foods, but go out to eat weekly with my husband and have not felt like I suffered. Often my meal is better than his!

AND - shopping is starting to be fun again!

And Tree Mystic aren't you excited? My,own surgery, within the next month or 6 weeks, it is exciting interspersed with moments of sheer apprehension. But like everyone else I will get through it and so shall you. Let's watch for the conclusion of each other's stories!😜

Ah thank you ! I'm feeling more positive about it with some support and hearing others experiences just what i needed:) I don't usually put my self out much in forums, but today i need some supportive feedback. Thanks again everyone!

Edited by TreeMystic
spelling

I was much like yourself and am so glad that I did this. I did this for me and I am finally putting myself and my health first for a change. Even though I have had a few challenges in my recovery, I wouldn't change doing this surgery. As of today I am down 57 lbs since my highest weight and I broke the 250 mark for the first time in 6 years (down 25 lbs since surgery on 3/16/18). I almost cried I was so happy! My surgery recovery was actually too easy in my opinion. My battle is with dehydration. I never had gas pain, I haven't vomited and overall I feel good.

5 months out. Feel amazing. Off all my meds. Normal labs. (save thyroid)

Had an extremely easy surgery. An extremely easy recovery. And have been feeling better than I have in 20 years.

LOVE my sleeve:)

2 years out - no regrets. The first few weeks are the toughest for some, though I still didn’t regret it then because I was well prepared and most everything actually went better than I expected. I’ve maintained my current weight for 17 months now, the first time ever in my life.

I'm one week post op and feeling pretty damn good! Five hours after surgery, me and my IV pole were walking around those hospital floors like there was no tomorrow. The only problem I'm having is gas... when I feel it coming, I get up and walk. Im able to get my Protein in and those Popsicles have become my best friend. You can do this and all of us are here to help you!

Zero Regrets.... I am a undisciplined eater have been all my life, I could focus for a few months loose 30-60lbs and within a year I would find them all right back plus more. This surgery will change your life but its not a miracle cure, you still need to put in the work (Healthier eating choices, and Excercise)

Good luck and stay focused.

i haven't been on here in a few days, but the nerves are coming a llitte as the time approaches but, logging on and seeing more positive experiences and supportive thoughts I'm feeling better :):) my husbands sister is flying in tonight for only one night with us.. I have not told her and not sure I will. She just got denied by her insurance. Plus I really don't want her hanging around the day of my surgery , she's flying back around that day she here to vist a girlfriend, only one day with us. Anyways, Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement!.

Edited by TreeMystic
spelling