Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Obstacle

Hey! I had my surgery 4/11. I have been losing about 1 lb a day. When I started on soft foods, like hard boiled egg, pinto Beans, etc., it stopped. I have been the same for the last three days. Am I doing something wrong? I feel so much better now that I can eat more normal foods, but I'm feeling like maybe this isn't going to work. Also, when I eat, I still don't get a "full" feeling. Just pain, so I stop eating. Its usually after 3-4 bites. I find the slower I go between bites the better. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

9 minutes ago, Belle13 said:

Hey! I had my surgery 4/11. I have been losing about 1 lb a day. When I started on soft foods, like hard boiled egg, pinto Beans, etc., it stopped. I have been the same for the last three days. Am I doing something wrong? I feel so much better now that I can eat more normal foods, but I'm feeling like maybe this isn't going to work. Also, when I eat, I still don't get a "full" feeling. Just pain, so I stop eating. Its usually after 3-4 bites. I find the slower I go between bites the better. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Congrats on your surgery and losing 10% of your weight already! The 3rd week stall is pretty common and infamous. It usually coincides with transitioning to more normal foods. Just keep doing your plan and the scale will move!

This is the area I get so confused because we all seem to get different nutritional diet plans and different perceptions. On the information, you provided it sounds like you have reached the pureed food stage, which was Stage 3 for my self, however, those foods I treated as solid foods, although soft yes but I did not view them as pureed, which my plan instructed to avoid until my 35-day mark. Pinto Beans vs refried turn into the same product in your mouth once you chew it so I avoided the confusion by holding out a little longer because I just could not draw a logical solution during stage 3 unless the food was pulvirized.

Edited by Sammy 10-30

Be patient - baby steps...you are still inflammed and healing. And weight loss fluctuates for everyone.

It varies with what your surgeon goes by. I was sleeved on 4/10 and did a 2 week liquids diet i was just moved to a pureed/soft diet. Which means i can eat anything on my list for this stage including soft boiled eggs, tuna, soft cheeses ect. i can do Beans but they must be mashed.

don't check your scales so often. Do it once a week, same day, same time. I do mine twice a month, and every time scales moves the right direction - but just as Sosewsue61 said - baby steps!

Edited by temkins

On 4/27/2018 at 7:18 AM, Belle13 said:

no you are not doing anything wrong. a pound a day is simply not possible for any length of time.

i also lost 30+ my first month then 8-10 per month since. A slowing is natural and healthy.

Dont weigh everyday it just messes with your mind. pick a day of the week (same day as surgery or a weekend)

and weigh in just once per week to take the emotional pressure off.

It can take a while to relearn the full signals from your brain. If you know you will hurt at 4 bites then stop at 3.

and yes slower is way better. Try to enjoy the journey you have started and look for NSV (non scale victory) in your life - getting off meds - smaller cloths - mobility -