Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and I vomit everything I eat

I know you all will say see your doctor but has anyone else have this issue? eggs, fish, noodles.....I do chew a lot. So much its tasteless before I swallow. I’m eating very small portions. Thoughts?

Only reasons I could think of is either it could be a stricture which I hope I'm wrong... Or it could be that maybe you have to wait longer, much longer between bites.

Does it happen with literally everything or can you maybe try unsweetened apple sauce and see how well you do with that? If that sits well, maybe add GENEPRO with it and get Protein in that way.

Another reason could be, those foods you've listed you just don't tolerate well at this time. I'm almost a year out and I just discovered that my stomach hates homemade orange juice... But doesn't mind homemade lemonade.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-125
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I'm going to go with the "see your doctor" advice--occasionally vomiting isn't usually serious, but if you are doing it often, it's a sign that something different has to occur. Get it checked out!

3 hours ago, jacky0218 said:

I know you all will say see your doctor but has anyone else have this issue? eggs, fish, noodles.....I do chew a lot. So much its tasteless before I swallow. I’m eating very small portions. Thoughts?

Please see your doctor. I am also 6 weeks out and the only way I will bring anything up is if I didn't chew my food enough or eat too fast.

Seeing the doctor would be best.

Edited by VanessaKaye

Seeing the doctor would be best.

I know I need to see him! I can eat potato chips no problem. 1/2 piece of thin pizza no problem. I can even eat the juice of an orange!! But all the other stuff- nope. Does it sound like me? I’m thinking I’m eating too big a portion! Sigh. I’ll let you all know!!

You're six weeks out. How do you know you can handle potato chips and pizza? Because you've already eaten them. Why have the surgery?

Not at 6 weeks out from weight loss surgery . Portion Control is for non-surgical people who are trying to lose weight or maintain their weight. Weight loss surgery patients are supposed to be Protein, veg, then carb lifelong. I've yet to see anyone post a diet plan that included either item at 6 weeks, 3 months, 1 year out. You shouldn't even know if you can tolerate those foods yet.

Portion control

Well. Flaky fish came back; egg came back: salmon came back. Crab came back. Shrimp came back. Lobster came back. Little bits of chicken came back. I wanted something to eat.

Well. Flaky fish came back; egg came back: salmon came back. Crab came back. Shrimp came back. Lobster came back. Little bits of chicken came back. I wanted something to eat.

I am 10 weeks out, and I am scared to swallow food for that same reason. I will chew food for the taste, but will not swallow it. The dietitian is fussing at me saying I’m not getting in enough calories. I hate dumping, so I just try to get my Protein and fluids in, which I have still not conquered.

4 months out, and I still throw up every few days or so, but so much less than even just 30 days ago.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, ladyre45 said:

I am 10 weeks out, and I am scared to swallow food for that same reason. I will chew food for the taste, but will not swallow it. The dietitian is fussing at me saying I’m not getting in enough calories. I hate dumping, so I just try to get my Protein and fluids in, which I have still not conquered.

You might want to be careful, this is considered an eating disorder.

Try not to be afraid of swallowing food. You won’t know it will happen f you never try