Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I made Mr. Mac hide my scale.< /div>

Could you have him come hide my scale? I am sure if HE hides, I won't find it. :)

I am so addicted to my scale, if something happened to it, I'd have to go into rehab. :)

Could you have him come hide my scale? I am sure if HE hides, I won't find it. :)

Where do you live?

isn't spring/summer - warmer in Aussie land now she?

I'm not she but answering anyway coz us Aussies all look alike, don't we? It is mid-Spring here in Perth and the weather is really erratic - lots of lovely fine days, lots of cold wet windy days. It was 34C (93F) here last week but only 19C (66F) and raining yesterday. We always need the rain though, so can't complain...

Fanny, your comment about all you Aussies looking alike brings up an interesting question to my mind. WARNING this may sound extremely politically incorrect so for those of you who are overly sensitive, STOP READING RIGHT NOW!!!

Is there any stigmatism associated with "white" Aussies mixing with Aboriginees?

Which naturally leads me to the NEXT I wonder...is Aboriginee still used to describe the native people of Australia or has that become as politically incorrect as calling our Native Americans Indians?

These are the things I wonder about when it's a cool, drizzly day in Australia. :)

Yeah its like Fanny's weather in Perth where I am. Its getting much warmer, but we still have the old cold snap like yesterday where I had to wear a jacket. I do love this in between season though, because summer is WAY too hot for my liking, and winter much too cold.

Yes, unfortunately there is a LOT of prejudice in Aus. In the cities especially, whites rarely mix with blacks and it would be extremely unacceptable in most families for a white girl to date an Aboriginal guy. In country towns and the outback, there is a mix of either extreme prejudice (worse than the cities where the whites at least pretend not to be racist, in country towns they don't bother to hide it) or good relations and mixing (mostly where the whites are really into hunting, fishing or living in the outback, etc).

Our historical record is almost as bad as South Africa's for our treatment of them and there are still enormous problems with health, education and welfare. There are towns in the outback that don't look much different to the Third World, to our shame. As a nation, we are desperately trying to find solutions and throw a lot of money at it, but it hasn't seemed to help much. Improvements are slow but hopefully progress is being made as the governments and agencies are getting more into the idea of actually letting the Aboriginal people themselves help in deciding what type of help they need and how it should be administered.

The word "Aborigine" or "Aboriginal" is still quite PC, although using their tribal names is even more acceptable. For example, the main tribal group in the lower South West of West Aus is the Nyoongar people, and that's an acceptable description. Strangely enough "blackfella/whitefella" is also very PC by both whites and blacks - it is the term they use themselves and no great stigma is attached. The totally non-PC insults include words like "boongs", "coons" and "Abo's" (not sure why "Abo's" is an insult but "Aborigine" is not, but that's how it is).

Yeah its like Fanny's weather in Perth where I am. Its getting much warmer, but we still have the old cold snap like yesterday where I had to wear a jacket. I do love this in between season though, because summer is WAY too hot for my liking, and winter much too cold.

I adore Spring. Just love the beautiful clear mild sunny days in the middle of all that green - doesn't last long enough though! The wildflower season was spectacular this year! I really love April - Jun too. Can't really call it Autumn because we don't have any deciduous trees and not even many planted in the city (unlike say, Melbourne). Our summers are hot and dry, so I can cope with those. It's humidity that kills me.

You're in Queensland, aren't you, She? I lived there for a couple of years and the humidity in Brisbane was dire... I'm working in the Kimberley now and was working in Arnhem Land (Gove, NT) a year or two back, so I've really had to come to terms with stinking hot and wet :). It's always nice to come home to Perth between swings and even our hottest heat doesn't bother me now, because at least it is dry.

I think people are wired to be exclusive and cliquish. We are still Darwinian and constantly trying to prove we are fittest. In order for us to be the fittest, someone must be lesser. For humans, this isn't always physical fitness (although the prejudice against obese people and short men fit into that category). Anyway, the point is that to be "fitter = better", someone has to be less than us. If they are less than us, then they don't deserve to live as much as we do.

SNOW?!? We think it's cold here because it's been nearing freezing at night!

I'm doing fairly well with my scale. I got to -13.5 lbs and the TOM came and I'm down -10 currently. Damned Water weight; grr. How can I be on 800 cals and not be losing? Annoying!!!

PS - our Senate race is very tight and I cannot wait for the election to be over so that I no longer have to hear these 2 idjuts sling mud at each other!

I'm not she but answering anyway coz us Aussies all look alike, don't we? ...

oh answer away.....i will always be fascinated w/the flip of weather & seasons.