Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

You chose to take info from FB and use it here. Not cool. They are two separate things.

Interesting statement...ironic, actually.

Not my usual but a warning that this is long but worthy!

Ok all - I have a fat girl wanna fight back story for you guys:

KC, that was SO cool of you! You probably made that poor girl's day! I can't believe that her MOTHER would speak to her that way. That's HORRIBLE!!!!

And I love the fact that you got applause but woulda been nicer had they showed up in PERSON to back you up!!!

OK KC?... While I :wink2: you before.....that is, by far, the rocking-est, most bitchin' story ever!!!!!!! I could've come up with a great dressing down after I'd gotten in my car or in the shower but to have done it on the spot is SO amazing!!!!!!! :biggrin: YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Long distance ^5

KC gets the "set of cojones" award for the week....nay I say 2009! Do I hear a second and/or an "amen"?!?

What she said!!

ditto - i might have thrown M&M's on the mom and watched her scatter to gather:ohmy:

LOL!!

Oh, you are amazing! Hopefully that woman will change how she speaks to her daughter. If not, at least the daughter will NEVER forget the stranger who took up for her! YOU ROCK!:frown:

Doubtful but you never know. Maybe she found a light bulb over her thick head?

And agreed re: the daughter. She will NEVER forget KC!!!

PJTP: Been trying to find some work that I can do from home that I'm good at (down Plain! LOL!). I've been a church secretary for the last 11 years, the last 2 years of that only doing the books from home. In my time in the office I've copy-edited more paper than you could EVER imagine. I talked to my aunt this week who's in the publishing business and she says that copy-editing is a real job! I didn't know what it was called before. Anyway, I automatically edit things in my head when I'm reading, it's pitiful, really. So I'm going to start researching how I can start doing this at home so I can earn some extra money and yet be able to stay home with DD. Hopefully it works out. Guess I'll find out! LOL! Anyway, wish me luck!

Going to read. Goodnight!

Uh, Lulu, I am pretty sure I offered an apology for my post on Facebook. I even received a pm from Rhonda stating she hated having bad blood between us. She also admitted to handling herself poorly and was embarrassed. A message was also sent for my husband apologizing for the comment about who did I blow to get this job. Based upon my saying I made a mistake, and her saying she did, I thought all of this was done and over.

I mean, seriously, everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes. This is supposed to be a support forum. This one thread is poisoning LBT and I am really, really saddened by that. I agree with Alex, it is time to move on and get back to the real business of this message board, which is to support people in their weight loss goals.

Well I just love how all the anger tonight and bickering comes back down to one focal point - and it's not HH - it's you.

Yet here you are coming on and are all - why cant we all just get along - lets serve others, make the world a better place - you have no business speaking like that when you have been the root of the problem - In everyone's life there is a time to learn to sit back, close your mouth and not say anything.

Uh, Lulu, I am pretty sure I offered an apology for my post on Facebook. I even received a pm from Rhonda stating she hated having bad blood between us. She also admitted to handling herself poorly and was embarrassed. A message was also sent for my husband apologizing for the comment about who did I blow to get this job. Based upon my saying I made a mistake, and her saying she did, I thought all of this was done and over.

I mean, seriously, everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes. This is supposed to be a support forum. This one thread is poisoning LBT and I am really, really saddened by that. I agree with Alex, it is time to move on and get back to the real business of this message board, which is to support people in their weight loss goals.

The best part you removed all your posts and your FB post and then you said oh but I apologized. The most hilalrious part is my 17 year old daughte mentioned something to me about you and I have never taken this off the computer ROFL.

Susan,

I'd like to remind you that I did send you a message on FB after what happened here. I was angry that you posted a comment to my comment on FB about LBT. I was also angry about your posting/deleting issues here with Glou. But I gave you a second chance, told you that we're all human and we make mistakes. I also know that Glou gave you a second chance after the blow up.

Today, you un-friended me (and several others) on FB. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with LBT and I'm sorry to take up the space...but...I will. Today, I posted a message on my FB page and changed the sentence under my avi on here. That seems to be when I got un-friended. I had made no comments on FB regarding you at all today UNTIL you got snarky.

It is entirely my decision and right to be friends with HH or to "follow" him if I so choose. I don't agree with the lifetime banning but that is my opinion. I have the right to have one. I've said many times how much I like this site and get great info. But this site has a negative tone now. Many of us don't even bother to post on other threads because of the negative responses. THAT is something the mods should be working on and watching for.

You chose to take info from FB and use it here. Not cool. They are two separate things. If you did not indeed come back here and contact Alex about the FB issues, I'd like to know who did. This has made even FB a negative place today. You asked for an explanation and this is my take on things.

And, an aside: If you all (mods) have pissed off RestlessMonkey, that's a pretty sad state of affairs. She's a classy lady and has been nothing but beneficial to LBT. Actually, the other folks you've pissed off today also fit that catagory...classy dames with strong opinions but who bend over backwards to offer their support to each other. This is truly sad.:biggrin:

Thats hillarious haha.. You know how many people keep mentioning her snarkyness even on FB even tho they shouldn't... I can't control them but Snarky HILLARIOUS.

Right. I have a daughter on FB, and sometimes my postings get a little out of hand. I was embarrassed at how I acted, since I usually hold myself to higher standards. You mentioned your husband read it and was hurt, and I would not have wanted my DH brought into this.

And I thought it was over.

Until HH was banned w/a nasty pm that included me.

How do you not get by saying what you did to HH about "followers" wouldn't be insulting to his friends?

So tired of hh my mod issues have nothing to do with him/her it's their morals ... /delete /lie

Many of us don't even bother to post on other threads because of the negative responses. THAT is something the mods should be working on and watching for.

Anytime that hapeens, report the post.

I am aware of several of his now banned personas - having hysterically interacted with them - Now I may have missed a post or 2 - but have never read a post by one of his alter-egos that was even remotely insulting - do you have any evidence suggesting otherwise - or are you just trying to make excuses.......

The issue with the alternates was just that. Alternates. The person is banned, not the name.

It has also allowed for the inclusion of any other mods involved that I am unaware of. If it does not pertain to certain mods then it shouldn't offend them - these have been my intentions however.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit I voted to ban HH. I'll tell everybody something else (I believe I told either Beth, pool girl, or the monkey in a PM and asked them to keep it private): Susan was way more lenient than me. I was voting ban early on when she was all for giving him warnings.

Oh, but he says he was never warned about anything. Whatever.

I started the HH/avitar thing. Ask Pool Girl. I did it for the reason's you've read. I did it because I read Susan's snarky post about being followers (and going blink blink I didn't mean it bad won't fly) Don't paint us with your own brush.

As many of us have said over and over (I guess we should give up because it doesn't seem to be sinking in)

this WHOLE THING has been handled unfairly and improperly. I READ the post Glouc made that Susan pulled. There was nothing wrong with it. Where on earth is THAT type of thing an acceptable action for a mod?

There are ads up the wazoo on this site. If the problem is volunteer mods, PAY some, for God's sake.

While I personally would like to see Susan go, I feel the problem is much deeper than just her. There's a culture of favoritism and "dark ops" that is just, as I've said, puerile. In reaction (sardonic reaction) to that, I instituted the "Support HH" lines under the avis.

And having "Daddy" step in at this late date is too much.

This place is unbelievable.

And for the record: I DO think HH probably should've been banned although not for 2 months, or "forever", but so should his sparring partner. To ban him and not her was at best ill advised. In her limited way she gave back as good as she got (or tried to) and often instigated/initiated the bouts. That wasn't favoritism? Maybe if she'd been smacked too things would've gone down a little more easily.

Edited by RestlessMonkey

Anyone want to sift through the posts and see which ones would be considered sexual harrassment on the job? My DH has never liked those comments... It's creepy and unnerving. If my skin crawls I will only report to alex... I suppose since the mods only/delete if it implicates them I have to let the site owner know.

I agree with Beth. I think that since the people that are friends with HH would of continued their communication in other forums it would of died down... however it didn't because susan dragged it to FB. She didn't let it die and others won't either.

I dont' know him..

But I am still waiting to know...........

SUSAN u really want me to answer your question to you posted previously?

Anytime that hapeens, report the post.

I reported one the other night and got a nice response from Jack.

[/b]

The issue with the alternates was just that. Alternates. The person is banned, not the name.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit I voted to ban HH. I'll tell everybody something else (I believe I told either Beth, pool girl, or the monkey in a PM and asked them to keep it private): Susan was way more lenient than me. I was voting ban early on when she was all for giving him warnings.

Oh, but he says he was never warned about anything. Whatever.

HH isn't saying that he wasn't warned. He was, we know he was. That's not his complaint.

Plain - I totally understand the idea behind banning the person not the name.

I was speaking directly to susan who specifically posted that the alternates were getting "more and more insulting".

Whether they were wrong to be there or not - they were - I want to know where the evidence is that they were getting more insulting.......yes I'm calling this bluff/lie on out...

couple things:

-want proof and for her statement to be correct there has to be escalation of insulting behavior and with more than one alternate.

you won't catch me holding my breath waiting for riches to come out of thin air!

Plain, please see the whole picture. Though the HH thing is a partial catalyst, it's not the REASON we're so ticked with Susan. Most of us are saying this.

Actually, as I see it, hh runs through the heart of the matter (with the exception of Brandy....best I can recall <and as she confirmed by postings> she only got tangled after that whole fb brouhaha). Every other thing is a result of the hh thing. There was really not a big prob with his ban at first (a couple of people asked questions, I answered. Or tried to. Sorry if you saw that as some "dark ops" monkey....I probably said more about the situation than I should have). Then people started getting upset at the "injustice" of him being banned. Bad feelings escalated and then the fb thing happened. But he's more than just a partial catalyst....he's 95% responsible for all of this. And he's probably laughing his ass off at how it turned out.

well i was told by said mod that my reporting of any post was passive aggressive.....

No ma'am. That is not the whole story, now is it? Would you care to cut & paste the exchange here?

Allright seriously on a funny note - looking at it together cracked me up:

Ban the person - not the name

Attack the idea - not the person

just seems funny - dont know why - maybe it's the container i'm using tonight.......btw Alex - that was a low blow and inappropriate for someone who I don't dialogue with - again you don't know me!

I started the HH/avitar thing. Ask Pool Girl. I did it for the reason's you've read. I did it because I read Susan's snarky post about being followers (and going blink blink I didn't mean it bad won't fly) Don't paint us with your own brush.

As many of us have said over and over (I guess we should give up because it doesn't seem to be sinking in)

this WHOLE THING has been handled unfairly and improperly. I READ the post Glouc made that Susan pulled. There was nothing wrong with it. Where on earth is THAT type of thing an acceptable action for a mod?

There are ads up the wazoo on this site. If the problem is volunteer mods, PAY some, for God's sake.

While I personally would like to see Susan go, I feel the problem is much deeper than just her. There's a culture of favoritism and "dark ops" that is just, as I've said, puerile. In reaction (sardonic reaction) to that, I instituted the "Support HH" lines under the avis.

And having "Daddy" step in at this late date is too much.

This place is unbelievable.

And for the record: I DO think HH probably should've been banned although not for 2 months, or "forever", but so should his sparring partner. To ban him and not her was at best ill advised. In her limited way she gave back as good as she got (or tried to) and often instigated/initiated the bouts. That wasn't favoritism? Maybe if she'd been smacked too things would've gone down a little more easily.

Can I kiss you? OMFG seriously I think tonights the only time anyone has spoken up. Maybe we will all get banned who knows but seriously if this many are pissed theres probs.

I have 5 oz of wine... I need to go have more right susan? I mean you did say on FB that because of the forum tonight you had to go drink and you would be right back... That was right before we were deleting friends at the same TIME hahahahaha about 1.5 hours ago.

I WIN THE POOL -

dogs got DH's poptarts~ rho, you get first round.!.

You had that bet earlier. I knew the dogs were getting the poptarts.. That's bad eh.

Susan MAY just be the tip of the iceburg -- and the most obvious -- but I think she has outwardly and blatantly done the most damage. I still say she needs to go.

She is she isn't the all thats for sure.. need harrassment rules in place... more mods that give INSIGHTFUL info more mods that welcome people and introduce them and more mods that are PRESENT ... Oh wait..

SO sorry they should have a LAP-BAND®.. Now and in the future.

Oh and susan I think you asked a question:

would like to know what "sensitive state" I am in? I have a great job, I love my co-workers, I have great friends, I have great kids, my husband and I are doing awesome, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I seldom drink, I'm not pregnant; so what is this sensitive state I am in?

Like all of us being overweight. I think you can note I ALWAYS POST things that are upbeat and try to make others that way. I don't wanna be a mod but those are the posts you should make.

I think I told you yesterday the glass should always be 1/2 full. You insisted on posting 2 negative comments since then.

We all have our own issues and are trying to deal with and get on with our lives. I am glad were not friends on FB.... I only wish I could /ignore you on LBT and still enjoy my friends.

Edited by alex
Inappropriate information disclosure

Anyone want to sift through the posts and see which ones would be considered sexual harrassment on the job? My DH has never liked those comments... It's creepy and unnerving. If my skin crawls I will only report to alex... I suppose since the mods only/delete if it implicates them I have to let the site owner know.

If you or your husband ever took anything I said seriously, or as sexual harrassment, then I apologize....it was not my intent. I can see that my sense of humor is not for everybody, so I will not be using it anymore. This is my final post in the lounge and in R&R's. I'll now be sticking to helping the newbs. It was fun for awhile, though.