Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Actually, Beth, the entire moderator team agrees on this, as well as Alex. I am not the only person who does bans.

If you mods think you've taken the high road in all this, you're wrong.

There's plenty blame to go around.

And for the record, if one of you did actually refer to HH's friends as "followers" shame on you. Keep pretending it isn't personal why don't you.

I'm tired of the immaturity. On both sides.

Preparing oatmeal to eat before DD and I go out the door to the Step Out for Diabetes walk this morning. Walk starts at 9, so if we leave at 8-ish, we'll be there in plenty of time. Got good music on my iPhone and I'm ready to go.

Hope it goes great! Don't know why I thought this was yesterday!

Heartfire - mojito was side dish - girl's got to keep up her Protein and all :tt2:

Good for you getting your Protein in! What a good girl you are! :unsure:

Just got back from another apple-picking adventure - picked a bushel in about 10 minutes; DH and I each picked one, and we took our tenant along.

So, Tap, you like apples, huh? LOL! Baking all your Christmas gifts this year? I love how industrious you are. Seriously! I'd be getting all these apples and then they'd rot before I got to 'em to do anything with them!! Really sad.

pjtp - puppies get up very early & very active......then they crash and your still up (pic attached)..

cooking for tailgate, football game tonight & i think a nap is in order to sustain...LOL

Love the pic of Goose! She is just so adorable! Makes me want to go get one for my very own. I think our old girl would revolt tho! Although she was pretty lonely while we were gone even tho I had a friend coming over everyday, it's not the same as someone being here. She might appreciate having a friend here when we're gone.

Have fun tonight!

Just got back in from the walk and a brief stop at 'Family Day' at one of our local parks.

So Cool!!!! Congrats Ebony!!! Nice pics too. You look fabulous!

Pjtp my mom just came by to meet his mom for the first time. He and his dad are out golfing and my mother is horrible. In the first 5 mins she whined about the money she didn't get from her uncle's estate, then she trashed aurbon (sp) that his mom sells, she made some horrible reference to Gone With The Wind Scarlett O'Hara, she propped one leg sideways on the sofa while one was still on the floor (omg!), she said John (my stepdad) was faking hip pain (he's almost 80!) and then she called his mom's dog fat.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh. My. God!!!!!!!! Can you please just hurry up and divorce that woman?!!!!!!

Glouc - oh my... is there a rock nearby that you can crawl under?? :angry:

I was thinking the rock could be for Glouc to hit her mother with, not hide under!! Glouc has nothing to hide about, her mother, for lack of a better term, does need to go crawl under a rock!! AND STAY THERE!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Everyone else - howdy! Hope you're having great weekends. It's raining here and too cold for the pool :w00t::mad::biggrin::mad:

Pooly, I'm sorry it's too cold to go swimming. :wub:

PJTP: Beth already heard about this but I'll let y'all know that I'm calling first thing in the AM to get in this week for an unfill. I'm just too long having everything irritated and closed off. I'm still getting liquids in (barely) but the Tomato bisque I tried earlier didn't want to go thru. It did but it hurt and I gave up after a few spoons. Did just try a little Peanut Butter when making DD's sandwich and that when thru okay. But everything is still sore and that's not right. I need to get this inflammation down and that means an un-fill.

I do NOT want to lose my band. It would mean a revision to bypass and I really don't want that!! Tho I would do it if I had too. Sleeve is not an option for me b/c I'd have to self-pay and I don't have the money. I can't NOT be a WLS patient. I have proven to myself that I can't lose the weight w/out help and that means some sort of WLS.

A couple of happy notes, I have not PBd or thrown up since Friday. I consider that a victory even tho Im not getting in what I need. At least it's staying IN there!

AND I weighed this AM and the scale said 171.2! LOL! I'd love to keep that but as soon as I can eat again AND with less fill, ain't gonna happen! It was really nice to see it tho!

I'll BBL!

Thanks all for the rock ideas! :biggrin: I definitely debated about telling mom the MIL was here, but they've never met so thought it would be a good gesture. Mom just gets worse and worse with age!

It's actually kind of funny. After she left DH and his dad came back and he and I were laughing about it.

He made me smile in earnest, though, when he said he wanted to stick up for me and smack her down, but that she was good to DD so it's a tough call.

* taps, my mom use to make applesauce - but used onions. that was a big thing she made w/pork & potato pancakes w/sour cream.....omg that was SO good

pjtp - puppies get up very early & very active......then they crash and your still up (pic attached)..

I'm trying to imagine the applesauce with onions; for us, applesauce is a dessert, not a side dish for other food. BUT, I'm not so old that I can't learn new tricks! I'll give it a try when I come back - there will still be apples to pick!

And Goose is adorable!!

Though to take the funny out of it, he is a brindle and they called him that due to the fact that he looks like wood. Well, that's what they SAY... :biggrin:

Uh-huh. Yep. That's it, for sure.:angry:

The walk was awesome - 3 miles. I did finish the 3 miles in right around 30 minutes - I think that's pretty good! :tt2:

I think I was the first woman to finish, and probably the first "Red Hat" to finish. T Unfortunately, mine wouldn't fit over the afro, but I love the hat anyway! :biggrin:

Way to go, Ebony! That was fantastic, and your time was great! And you look so great! :w00t::thumbup:

Pjtp my mom just came by to meet his mom for the first time.

And what are the chances they will meet again (for anything other than a wedding???). Man, your mother is ...well, interesting, isn't she?

It's raining here and too cold for the pool :wub::eek::unsure::mad:

Well, we had frost overnight, so a pool would have been one big ice-cube!

So, Tap, you like apples, huh? LOL! I'd be getting all these apples and then they'd rot before I got to 'em to do anything with them!! Really sad.

I'm calling first thing in the AM to get in this week for an unfill.

I just can't stand to waste things and 1 bushel of apples makes a lot of apple pies come the winter!

And YES,get thee to the doctor!!!

OK folks. Time for me to get to the last of the packing and primping...see ya in a couple of weeks (unless I find an internet cafe and connect).

:eek::wub:

We'll miss you Tap!

Glouc-I am at a loss for words on your family situation. Then again, a lot of families (mine included) are enough to drive you to drink.

Heartfire-I hope you feel better soon. Does your doc allow you to take a small amount of children's liquid ibuprofen? That might help with some of the swelling.

Ebony-that is great about your walk! You did a wonderful job.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

PJTP-I have spent the entire day in bed. I don't know if it is time for me to come off my blood pressure meds or what. I got up this morning. I had my coffee and took my blood pressure medicine like normal. About an hour later, I just felt sapped of all energy. I went back to bed and slept. I got up for a little bit to eat at lunch time. I was freezing and still feeling off. I lay back down and went back to sleep. I have slept off and on all day. I finally feel somewhat awake now. Of course, it is really close to bedtime now. I am so screwed for tonight's rest and getting up bright eyed in the morning.

Slim - just a thought - have you had your BP checked recently? Now it could have been just one of those days - but maybe w/ wt loss your BP is regulating itself better and you dont need meds anymore - happens all the time and so when you take it - youre actually dropping your pressure too low = feeling lack of energy.

Check w/ your Dr.

But again it could have just ben an off day - anyways I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Do BP meds come in different dosages? Like even if she isn't ready to come off of them yet, she may need to reduce the intake amount?

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Slim. Sorry to hear your Sunday was like my Saturday... minus the drinking, of course... :biggrin:

Do BP meds come in different dosages? Like even if she isn't ready to come off of them yet, she may need to reduce the intake amount?

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Slim. Sorry to hear your Sunday was like my Saturday... minus the drinking, of course... :biggrin:

Absolutely - most do!

Slim - just a thought - have you had your BP checked recently? Now it could have been just one of those days - but maybe w/ wt loss your BP is regulating itself better and you dont need meds anymore - happens all the time and so when you take it - youre actually dropping your pressure too low = feeling lack of energy.

Check w/ your Dr.

But again it could have just ben an off day - anyways I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Thanks guys. I had it checked about 2 months ago. It was 115/82 at that time with the medicine. I go back again next week to have it all evaluated again. They always ask me if I have felt bad after taking it. This is the first time that I can remember feeling like this though. I will watch it for the next day or so. If I continue to feel bad, I will see if I can be seen sooner than the 28th. Thanks both of you for caring.:biggrin:

Well, we can't lose our Slim.

Is that a typical reaction to possibly having too much BP meds in the system? I don't know much about BP... I'm guessing the number you gave is high, which means the meds would bring you "down." If your numbers are now lower and you didn't know it, they would bring you "down" to the point of lethargy...? Do I pass? :biggrin:

Slim -- I was thinking that sounded like a pretty normal BP

Glouc -- Yikes, glad you can laugh about your Mom!

Lu -- Goose is too cute!!

Taps -- have a great trip!! We'll miss you!!

Heartfire -- hope the doc can help!!

Ebony -- Great job on the walk -- 3 miles in 30 minutes!!

I walked 3 miles on the treadmill today while watching football and took 75 minutes and was proud. 1.5 miles in 1st half, brief break for halftime, 1.5 miles in 2nd half.

Of course, then I took a nap. But it is a rainy Sunday afternoon, so I guess it's ok.

Take care!!

Slims BP is close to normal. The systolic, (top number) is in fact normal. The diastolic )bottom number) is slightly elevated---WITH medication. So in my experience of years on BP meds, a change may be in order, they use different types of meds to alter each reading-------they can use beta blockers, or Calcium channel blockers, or simple diuretics---for example to lower certain aspects of the blood pressure.

Mine was the same way, it was ALWAYS my diastolic reading that was high. As I lost my weight, I was eventually taken off of one pill, and remained on my diuretic for a long time. Finally even the diastolic dropped below the 75---and I got off the meds all together, and now with no medication it runs anywhere from 70-80.

We spent another day hauling wood. I am so tired, it is ridiculous, but it was excellent exercise I keep telling myself!

We heat almost exclusively with wood through the winter, while it is cheaper, it is such a different heat, we both just like it better! We have a very nice wood stove, it has the catlytic converter thing in it, it burns its own smoke, there is hardly any ash, and very little if any smoke visible when it is burning.

Neither of our parents have such efficient burning stoves. My folks have an insert in a fireplace, and his have an old woodstove. So we haul a lot of wood for them. Plus our kids were out getting theirs.

It was a fun time, the kids all laughed and had fun....think there were times some of the in law kids felt they were laughing more than they were working!!!

I took a rotisserie chicken, along with all the food we all took out, and I snacked on chicken, and was so proud of myself, until someone opened the Doritos---there went my good intentions!

Now if the ice cream in the freezer would quit calling me I could relax......