Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP...

It's been a quiet morning - looking for new jobs, filing at work, keepin' my head down. Big meeting scheduled for 4 pm today, so I probably won't check in until I get home.

Drove in today so I don't have to deal with concerned questions from my fellow train riders when I'm breathing flames on the way home...found a new favorite station on XM Radio - plays R&B oldies - I could sit in the car all day and dance in my seat!:blushing:

Got some possibilities closer to home...I think my Mgr tanked my last two possibles at my current company - can't prove it, but when one takes forever to say they've hired someone else and one just says they are "continuing the search" I get suspicious. H has been really supportive - asked this morning how much my car payment was in case he had to cover me. I'm good for a short while...until the unemployment kicks in if the worst / inevitable happens...

If I am sent home for two weeks, I'm going to be job-hunting for 8 hours a day...one job site had problems this morning (aggravating - don't they know how SERIOUS I am? :w00t:) but I've also got some house projects I want to finish up...

Will definately report in this afternoon...love y'all bunches! :lol:

Big meeting = your meeting, I take it? :w00t:

Good luck, and I pray for peace to come over you during that time. AND that you are able to communicate (if called for) rather than just sitting there (again, if it's meant to go that way).

well beth - don't have much to offer, but i'd have a hard time dealing w/that situation....thankfully i don't.

DH thinks it's job to take care of me 24/7 & for that i'm very grateful.

Good luck Ebony!! You are a strong woman and you can handle whatever they dish out.

Beth -- I don't know what to say..... I've been looking for six months and haven't found anything (except these two interviews in the last two weeks). It's really tough here.

Yesterday I had to go get some prednisone from my PCP, I was having an allergic reaction to either the hydrocondone or the IV antibiotic during my gall bladder surgery. Still taking zyrtec x2 (ok'd by PCP) for the itching. Course the doc says Now this will make you hyper. Great! Just what I need before a job interview!! They did know that I had just had surgery on Friday, so I mentioned the drug reaction and the doc's comments and he laughed, said that they'd take that into consideration. I think it went ok, but I won't know for sure until next week. The CFO had a death in the family and wouldn't be back until Tuesday.

Talk to ya'll later!

PJTP...

Big meeting = your meeting, I take it? :lol:

Yep, that would be the one...:blushing: I really am okay right now. That might change, but I do feel really calm right now. Resigned, I guess...

Good luck, and I pray for peace to come over you during that time. AND that you are able to communicate (if called for) rather than just sitting there (again, if it's meant to go that way).

If they are expecting me to plead my case, cry or anything else like that, I hope they are holding their breath, because they'll be sorely disappointed. I'm kinda actually looking forward to the time off, sick as that might sound...:lol:

well beth - don't have much to offer, but i'd have a hard time dealing w/that situation....thankfully i don't.

Lulu - you do have a good one...my H says those things but economic reality for us right now means I still work. He'd love it if I was the "Happy Homemaker" and all I did was take care of HIM...don't know that I'm really suited for that, but after my experience with my current employer, I'm about ready to give it a try! :)

Good luck Ebony!! You are a strong woman and you can handle whatever they dish out.

Thank you, Suzyt - I'm going to keep repeating to myself that I am a strong woman - I am NOT what they describe me as, and I'm certainly MORE than they job performance they are trying to ascribe to me...

Beth -- I don't know what to say..... I've been looking for six months and haven't found anything (except these two interviews in the last two weeks). It's really tough here.

I sympathize with Beth - I know how hard it is not to push someone...my ex-H was one who needed 'pushing' and it wore me down. Part of the reason we divorced...and I'm hoping that DOESN'T happen to Beth, but he's not leaving her a lot of choices. Maybe the distinct possibility of losing her will spur him into action...

Yesterday I had to go get some prednisone from my PCP, I was having an allergic reaction to either the hydrocondone or the IV antibiotic during my gall bladder surgery. Still taking zyrtec x2 (ok'd by PCP) for the itching. Course the doc says Now this will make you hyper. Great! Just what I need before a job interview!! They did know that I had just had surgery on Friday, so I mentioned the drug reaction and the doc's comments and he laughed, said that they'd take that into consideration. I think it went ok, but I won't know for sure until next week. The CFO had a death in the family and wouldn't be back until Tuesday.

Talk to ya'll later!

Hope you're feeling better, Suzyt! Hang in there...and it was a good idea to tell the folks at the interview about the possible drug reaction...that way any nervous twitches have a good explanation! :w00t:

Beth I am sorry you're dealing with that. I have a short attention span for a guy that doesnt hold his own.. No offense but thats my opinion.

Like Lulu I am very blessed to have someone that makes sure I am taken care of at all times. I am thankful every single day and sometimes feel like I can't give back as much as he gives but I definetly try.

Lulu - you do have a good one...my H says those things but economic reality for us right now means I still work. He'd love it if I was the "Happy Homemaker" and all I did was take care of HIM...don't know that I'm really suited for that, but after my experience with my current employer, I'm about ready to give it a try! :w00t:

oddly enough, while DH has a great career & an exceptional provider....i was the "earner" for most of our time together, which allowed for us to leave city life & breath.

living in & out of suitcases is fun in your 20's/early 30's - but after a while you want to sip that wine & smell the roses.

we realized, many things - much of which included a quality of life vs the "stuff". LOTS of sacrifices, and we manage. every now and then DH will say - you need to go to work, and i look at him slyly and say - who's going to cook you Breakfast. he likes me being @ home taking care of stuff & i don't miss corp life one bit.

while everyones situation fiscally might be different; a touch of change doesn't hurt - & the best treats are on the other side:)

Beth & Ebony - s0 sorry you guys are going through all of that - it makes me count my blessings just a we bit more

Suzyt - consider getting a prescription for hydroxyzine (commonly used for itching especially in allergic reaction cases - older medicine that works great!)

Brandy - sorry bout the plateau!

hello to everyone else!

Thinking of you Ebony.

Hi everyone! This is Thursday, right? Why are the short weeks the longest?

PJTP...

Just finished with my meeting...:w00t:

All I can say is that it's definately time to go...this time, I was written up for:

1. Not using standard procedures to clear waitlisted candidates - they do not show up using the standard procedures, so you have to use a different process to clear them.

2. Missing a meeting - yep, I did miss it, because I was working in another part of the office and did not hear the reminder on my computer go off. Oh, and by the way, my mgr forgot OUR status meeting just before she went on travel...but SHE didn't get written up for that.

3. After a particularly long meeting, I said offhandedly "That's one way to keep me from eating, that meeting went way too long"...I was written up for that. I did tell BBoss and HR that I've heard far WORSE said in the office on a nearly daily basis. Didn't tell BBoss that it was primarily about HIM.

4. Recently prepared scholarship letters were not perfect the first time around - since I've never done them, that might be expected by any NORMAL person. Not this crew...

5. Cited for not knowing how to upload inquiry cards. Usually I enter them into a spreadsheet and Mgr's favorite does the uploading. I told them flat out that it was unfair to cite me for not knowing how to do something I'd never DONE before!

Did they listen? No. Did they hear me? Yes. It didn't matter - they are hell-bent on proving that I cannot do my job, and that things are not getting better. NO, they won't get better when you have to deal with crap like I've just described.

I've got a two-day unpaid suspension. Better than expected, but it still pisses me off that I got it at all!

Long weekend ahead - see ya on the boards!:blushing:

I asked him one time, "WTH?? Do you expect people to just come knocking on our door for you?" His reply? YES! :w00t:

He said IF he ends up without a job, he's sure his folks would help.

OMG! Yes indeedy, particularly at times like these, the companies come to the potential employees at their home (at early afternoon so as to not disrupt sleeping in) with fabulous job offers. (The sound you hear is the sarcasm dripping....)

And certainly, every adult wants to live off their parents!!!

H has been really supportive - asked this morning how much my car payment was in case he had to cover me. I'm good for a short while...until the unemployment kicks in if the worst / inevitable happens...

Sounds like a you have a good man there. And a plan.

Another lucky woman with a good man!

Yesterday I had to go get some prednisone from my PCP Course the doc says Now this will make you hyper. Great! Just what I need before a job interview!! They did know that I had just had surgery on Friday, so I mentioned the drug reaction and the doc's comments and he laughed, said that they'd take that into consideration.

Hope you hear something positive on your interview!

Like Lulu I am very blessed to have someone that makes sure I am taken care of at all times. I am thankful every single day and sometimes feel like I can't give back as much as he gives but I definetly try.

And another one!

we realized, many things - much of which included a quality of life vs the "stuff". LOTS of sacrifices, and we manage.

Yes indeed - quality of life versus the demoralizing tiring demeaning exhausting pursuit of ever more stuff!

All I can say is that it's definately time to go

I've got a two-day unpaid suspension. Better than expected, but it still pisses me off that I got it at all!

Sorry to hear that, Ebony.

Oh well, more time to dedicate to finding a new job where you are appreciated!

OMG! Yes indeedy, particularly at times like these, the companies come to the potential employees at their home (at early afternoon so as to not disrupt sleeping in) with fabulous job offers. (The sound you hear is the sarcasm dripping....)

And certainly, every adult wants to live off their parents!!!

:w00t::lol:I love your wit!

PJTP - Thought my eye felt a little 'funny'...looked in the mirror and my eye is partially closed, the eyelid is flaming red and swollen. Methinks there may be a problem here!

I don't do eyes. ICK. No eye dr has ever been able to get drops into them without holding my eyes open. Can't imagine going to visit a doc for this.

I've got 2 of them, right???

Something is very rotten in Denmark!! That just sucks!! So the suspension is tomorrow and Monday? I know you have a plan and will work it to it's best advantage but still. *&^$#!!

Where I worked until March we had a girl that we were trying to get rid of because she was causing all kinds of conflict with every department in the company -- we only had 20 people in this location & 40 people total and only one or two liked her and they were sleeping with her..... We ended up just laying her off in the first round of layoffs, course her boss said she would be the first one re-hired. So glad I am not there anymore!! I was HR and the Accounting Manager and I VOLUNTEERED to be laid off. They were doing things I didn't agree with ethically.

Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Take care everyone!!