Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

CEO's rely on CFO's and their finance/accounting teams. My CEO briefly looks at the books - I am the one who is doing the work. A secretary is not qualified to do what I do - thankfully since I have spent many years in school and many dollars on tuition! hahahaha

And having been the daughter of a President of a company, I can assure all that he worked 60-90 hour weeks up until he retired to make sure that company succeeded. After he left, the company's sales have dropped to a 1/3 of what they were.

My mother's brother is a semi truck driver and having seen how hard my father worked, he has a new appreciation for upper management. It's all too easy to sit in a lower level job and blame "management" (b/c I to have done it!). While employees may not understand some of the actions of its management, I very sincerely doubt that CEOs, CFOs, et al try to drive any company into the ground as that would be self-defeating. There are have been exceptional CEO's in this country (think Jack Welch at GE) and horrible ones (think Bob Nardelli at Home Depot and now Chrysler).

Having said all that, I believe that compared to other countries' CEOs, ours have compensation plans that are ridiculously high. <jumping off soapbox>

PS - not happy that FB is down on a holiday weekend!!!

Edited by SickNTired

And having been the daughter of a President of a company, I can assure all that he worked 60-90 hour weeks up until he retired to make sure that company succeeded. After he left, the company's sales have dropped to a 1/3 of what they were.

My mother's brother is a semi truck driver and having seen how hard my father worked, he has a new appreciation for upper management. It's all too easy to sit in a lower level job and blame "management" (b/c I to have done it!). While employees may not understand some of the actions of its management, I very sincerely doubt that CEOs, CFOs, et al try to drive any company into the ground as that would be self-defeating. There are have been exceptional CEO's in this country (think Jack Welch at GE) and horrible ones (think Bob Nardelli at Home Depot and now Chrysler).

Having said all that, I believe that compared to other countries' CEOs, ours have compensation plans that are ridiculously high. <jumping off soapbox>

PS - not happy that FB is down on a holiday weekend!!!

The CEO's I know are hard working people. They have ALL of the responsibility. I am happy not to be a CEO - I like my free time! :thumbup:

Very slow this morning. How is everyone doing? It is very dreary here today. It is raining. The air is cool. I was planning to clean out DS's bedroom, but I can't work up the gumption just yet. He is going to be very upset, but something has to give.

DS and I are going to tackle his room - I can't stand it and I am awfully sure over half the clothes don't fit him anymore.

So, I don't know if I have mentioned that MIL has apparently come into some money. I am not exactly sure where it came from (I have ideas), but not sure. Well, I saw her yesterday. I guess since she no longer needs me, she feels that she no longer has to pretend to be nice. It is too funny.

At least you are getting a break! You could suggest homes in an area well away from you!:thumbup:

PJTP: My calves and thighs are so sore from the hike yesterday! I think I will just do the elliptical today! :w00t:

Yeah, that means you got a great workout!

I've been wicked busy this weekend - working on the MBR remodel - will post pics in another message, since I KNOW this one has gotten really LONG! :thumbup:

Would love to see pix!

Ooooh, or better yet, YOU call HER every day and borrow stuff. lol

:):lol:I would do that!

The Appalachian Trail off of highway 7 by Snickerville Pike. It is an awesome and quite rugged trail. Lots of up and down steep hills with boulers and rocks. We crossed two little streams which was fun for us - well except for Sandy who did not want to get her little paws wet! My dogs are still tired!

The first few times I took Jackson out with me he did not want to get his feet wet. Now he splashes right on through the creeks and streams. I have even been able to get him to drink out of the streams too. Of course, they are all up high and very clean, I wouldn't want him to get sick!

PJTP: I had an awesome run this morning. The trail to Tumalo Falls was rolling hills, but a pretty good climb. I felt strong and finished with the front of the pack! :drool: We did 4.5 to start tapering for the race next weekend.

Going to hang with the kids today. Need to clean DS room. DD is doing better this morning, some of the swelling is starting to go down. So pretty sure she will just be hanging out at the house. We might have to watch some cheesy Lifetime Movies!

PJTP - message two...tried this earlier, but got stuck trying to import pictures...

Y'all know I live in a very old house - circa 1850's - and a lot of the spaces have old horsehair plaster on the walls. There was a lot of wallpaper hung, but no "finish" coat of plaster, so when you take the wallpaper down, what's left behind, more often than not, is sandy-textured plaster that sucks up paint and is hard to keep from crumbling if you touch it. Patching is an exercise in patience and fractions, because the plaster is not the same thickness as drywall. You have to get as close as you can, then make up the difference with drywall compound (multiple layers).

Anywho, here's some pictures of what's kept me occupied so far this weekend...

The "raw" plaster walls, with some of my patch work to prepare them for painting...this is the fireplace wall

The original plaster wall near the fireplace - all the walls were in similar shape in this room, and throughout the rest of the suite.

Partially painted - this is after one coat of the finish paint (a light sage-y green) and a coat of Kilz primer(the white background) to seal the plaster. Good stuff - highly recommend it!

Progress to date - walls and ceiling painted. Still gotta strip and repaint the closet door (lots of peeling paint there), and will eventually add crown molding - but not right away...

post-246008-13813138664406_thumb.jpg

post-246008-13813138694259_thumb.jpg

post-246008-13813138694727_thumb.jpg

post-246008-13813138695102_thumb.jpg

Nice work! Sounds like it takes a bunch of time to get the walls prepped! I love Kilz, use it every time I paint. Love the fireplace!

ebony - had no idea how old your home was, love what you have done; fireplace especially.

we have just gutted our place, started @ the second floor and are working our way down. a lot of expense has gone into replacing all electrical/plumbing/propane/water lines (in the country).

this wkend we got all our art out of storage and have started decorating our upstairs (2 guest rms/music-game rm/media rm-kitchen/baths). along with FINALLY agreeing on all textiles for the downstairs remodel.

kitchen is gutted now (pic attached) - glad we had another one built upstairs...., exciting - finally putting pcs together and starting to feel like home.

post-225434-13813138695484_thumb.jpg

post-225434-13813138695766_thumb.jpg

*cautiously steps in and peaks around*

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

Ebony, Luluc-I love the work that you are doing/have done! It took us forever to do one bedroom. Well, actually, it took DH forever. He took almost a week to paint one bedroom. It looked great when he was done, but DS was going batty without he bedroom for that long. I cleaned out his room while he was with his Gma. I added a storage bin for his video game crud. That stuff was taking over the room. He loved what I did. Of course, he can't tell what all I got rid of just yet. It will be weeks before he figures out just how much of his stuff hit the dump today. Hopefully, he won't figure it out at all. :thumbup:

I have completely hurt myself eating zucchini fries today. I only cooked 3 zucchini, but I think I ate half of it by myself. I am stuffed!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!

PJTP...Hi Everybody!

Picked my head up out of the books (homework) for a minute, so ya know I just HAD to come here...:thumbup:

Nice work! Sounds like it takes a bunch of time to get the walls prepped! I love Kilz, use it every time I paint. Love the fireplace!

Thanks! :thumbup: I do love my house, though sometimes it can be a trial and a pain to get things done economically. I just love Kilz - makes for really nice paint prep, and I've even used it to "seal" a wall prior to wallpapering. I do love the fireplace - probably going to end up putting a TV up there, or some "important" piece of art to decorate the area. That room is the "lounge" part of the MBR - will probably have comfy chairs or a chaise, bookshelves, good lights - we both read a LOT...maybe a small fridge / freezer for those late-night snacks...

ebony - had no idea how old your home was, love what you have done; fireplace especially.

Thanks, Lulu! I dearly love this old place - I will probably not do another one though - just don't have the energy or patience to do this all over again with a new place if I ever leave this one...

we have just gutted our place, started @ the second floor and are working our way down. a lot of expense has gone into replacing all electrical/plumbing/propane/water lines (in the country).

I know THAT story - the first summer we owned the house, before we moved in, I pulled all the wiring for the second floor - it was all old knob-and-tube - no way would it pass inspection now...we also over-sized all the wire and the breakers in the panel - didn't want to over-use anything and while it was a pain pulling heavier gauge wire through the walls, we'll never do it again...

this wkend we got all our art out of storage and have started decorating our upstairs (2 guest rms/music-game rm/media rm-kitchen/baths). along with FINALLY agreeing on all textiles for the downstairs remodel.

Love the pic - what a beautiful room!

kitchen is gutted now (pic attached) - glad we had another one built upstairs...., exciting - finally putting pcs together and starting to feel like home.

Y'all have done a wonderful job - the room looks great!

*cautiously steps in and peaks around*

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

Hi Susan! Same to you...:drool:

Lu~ Love the pic of the room! It is always nice to get art and pix up in the house - it really makes it feel like you are moved in and it is a home!

Slim~ I usually do DS room when he is gone, but today he pitched in and helped out. Of course he was getting a kick out of modeling his too small clothes for his sister and I. He is such a ham!

Slim~ I usually do DS room when he is gone, but today he pitched in and helped out. Of course he was getting a kick out of modeling his too small clothes for his sister and I. He is such a ham!

I have to do his room when he is gone. Otherwise nothing would be thrown away. He keeps everything. He would keep pieces of broken toys, broken pencils... You name it, it is in there. I have to go through his room once every few months just to find the junk pieces that he is holding on to.

While employees may not understand some of the actions of its management, I very sincerely doubt that CEOs, CFOs, et al try to drive any company into the ground as that would be self-defeating.

Oh, I agree that they (our upper-ups at the oil tool company) aren't trying to drive it to the ground...but they definitely buffer the fall for themselves, while cutting out folks that do work hard.

It may not have been that way with your dad, or the examples you mentioned, but we'd be #1 in our field, not #3, if the actually President of our company had oil tool experience. It's a joke in our warehouse that he couldn't pick out a liner hanger from a ball bearing. And, it's true...he's said in town hall mtgs that he has no idea how we run the plant.

Our new head of world wide logistics (my new boss) knows how to ship, but nothing about our company. In the meetings to discuss our divisional happenings, someone asked about two plants unmentioned in the merge and he said, "Well, they're not a concern b/c they don't ship internationally." Um, yeah, they DO actually....

So, some may know how to do it right, but sometimes it comes down to playing golf with the right people.

...okay...lol - off my soap box now. :blush:

I have completely hurt myself eating zucchini fries today. I only cooked 3 zucchini, but I think I ate half of it by myself. I am stuffed!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!

I'm stuffed with homemade Indian food and naan... yummy!

Came home from friend's house and DH had put up the new light I bought for the dining room! I am so happy because I really didn't want to do it, but it was my project so I was prepared to suck it up. Love that man!!!

Tomorrow - nothing!!! I'm so excited to do nothing, you have no idea!!!

I might be able to commandeer a backhoe... there's this one out on Route 7... and I betcha Glouc can hotwire that baby... :blush:

Ha! Very funny!!!! Don't know why you'd think that.

Um....what year? I'm not good w/the newer cars. Daggone 'puters and stuff.

I'm an upstanding citizen at this point in my life, but if there were a nuclear event and people had to live wild - I'd be okay.

I learned all I need to know from Red Dawn. Get me to the mountains, give me access to a hunting supply store, and some big puffy down coats, and feathered hair - I'd be good to go.

Ha! Very funny!!!! Don't know why you'd think that.

Um....what year? I'm not good w/the newer cars. Daggone 'puters and stuff.

I'm an upstanding citizen at this point in my life, but if there were a nuclear event and people had to live wild - I'd be okay.

I learned all I need to know from Red Dawn. Get me to the mountains, give me access to a hunting supply store, and some big puffy down coats, and feathered hair - I'd be good to go.

Duct tape and bailing twine are the only way to go! I really want a big puffy down coat and feathered hair, so let me know what mountain you run to and I will be there!:blush:

PJTP - message two...tried this earlier, but got stuck trying to import pictures...

VERY cool, Ebony!!! Wow, 1850's!! I knew it was old, but I don't think I knew it was that old!

So... any ghosteses? :blush: