Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hehe - I knew I was being a "bad" girl, bringing politics in here, but I couldn't resist having a bit of a dig :tt1:. We should go start a(nother) thread in Rant and Raves, debating the relative merits of our systems, coz I have some pretty strong opinions and they're almost diametrically opposed to yours. I think the debate would be fun, as you seem to be one of the few political debaters capable of presenting logical and reasoned arguments. I love debating but don't bring it into this thread very often.

Whatdya say? Up for some fun? (Although I can't really get started till I finish work in a few hours - just sneaking in for quick posts at the moment.)

Though I'd love to debate YOU about it, it would undoubtedly be invaded by someone who I am working hard to avoid in the debating areas since this person doesn't know how to debate. :biggrin:

I've already left another thread (for the most part) for this very reason. Gets my blood pressure up too much. :lol:

I know that makes it hard on some parents, but you should not send your child to school sick. That is just the way that it is. I hated to see when parents knowing sent their children to school with stomach viruses and such. If the child was throwing up at home, why on earth send them to school to throw up more?

To throw up more and infect other kids.

Some parents may not be able to miss work. Then there are those "parents" who are, at best, horrible babysitters to their own kids.

Well, anyway...minor scale victory this morning - even with my imperfect run at the 5 day pouch test, I'm off of my plateau and weighed in this morning at 202! I'm down roughly 3 pounds...I've been bouncing up and down a pound, but nothing serious. I find myself wanting salty, crunchy things - I think maybe my cycle may be getting ready to start...YUK!

That is fan-freakin-tastic, Ebony!!! YOU GO, GIRL!! :biggrin:

i would read the beth/fanny thread - likely not participate - but would DEF read it.

If there was a way for it to just be us, sure. I'd love to hear some sane, reasonable thoughts from somebody who actually LIVES with it, not just has an opinion. But we all know that that can't happen. Unless... how much clout do the mods have to make Fanny and I our own boxing ring where all the others could only be spectators? :biggrin:

It does help that I'm going back to school, too and will be doing homework right along side her.

Help who, her or you? lol You can ask her to help you with your math. :biggrin:

She's kinda a little weirdo (my kid) and thinks she "failed" last year because she only got a B.

A Type A personality perhaps? I remember those days...a B was barely acceptable.

Your edit was chuckle worthy!

Math is not my strongsuit. Well, hell, it's not even on my radar and yet I'm a glorified bookkeeper! . Teacher did all he could in his power to help and I still couldn't wrap my brain around it! He kindly suggested I go TA somewhere for 2nd semester and get out of his class!

All it took for me was my Grade 11 math teacher to turn things around - a test EVERY Friday and drills, drills, drills. She turned around many a 'math-failure' into a math person. You HATED her at the beginning of the year and by the year end, she was your mentor or dream teacher.

someone who I am working hard to avoid in the debating areas since this person doesn't know how to debate. :biggrin:

I've already left another thread (for the most part) for this very reason.

Hmmmm...could I guess the person??

If there was a way for it to just be us, sure. I'd love to hear some sane, reasonable thoughts from somebody who actually LIVES with it, not just has an opinion. But we all know that that can't happen. Unless... how much clout do the mods have to make Fanny and I our own boxing ring where all the others could only be spectators? :biggrin:

LOLOLOL

i gave up on the political threads - even though one is on ignore, too many copy her drivel.

heartfire - $50 dh comes home this evening from buz trip and asks where his wife is. i'm not an organized person by nature, but its gotten to me as of late & w/the remodel finnishing up - good of time as any.

make Fanny and I our own boxing ring where all the others could only be spectators? :biggrin:

OOh...the lineup for ringside seats starts here!

Glouc--my oldest DD was the same way. She was a perfectionist. Did all the weighted classes, and actually graduated a year early, so she could follow her heart when he enlisted. Yep! She actually still used some of her scholarship money, but a good amount was not used, as they were stationed in Hawaii, and the school options were limited. In the end it all worked out for her (well all but the marriage! Big shocker there huh??? Mama tried warning her!).

The son on the other hand----he went to the same school YOU did! He would hop out of the car, walk in the door of school, and then promptly walk back out again after we left. He finally dropped out, we had to do the tough love thing with him, as his "experimenting" got out of hand. He eventually saw the error of his ways, has got his GED, married has a a family and has been clean for years.

Oher DD was the one the phrase "marching to the beat of a different drummer" was made for. She skimmed her academics, LOVED anything arts related--still does. To walk into her house is like walking into a dream. Not everything makes sense....yet when you are there is seems right. Love her to pieces, but have NEVER understood her---if that makes any sense. It is not meant derogatorily, just that we are SO different, and the things that excite her don't even make a blip on my interest scale, only as something Abbey would like!

We however get along wonderfully---although I would love to see more of her, she has always been and continues to be a loner of sorts. She is married, has been for several years, and has a son now.

My oldest DD is just like me. We like the same things. We fought. Now we "adult fight" and avoid one another or a certain subject!!

Kids--go figure them out.......

Help who, her or you? lol You can ask her to help you with your math. :tt2:

In my experience it helps both...lol...

PJTP...Good morning!

Y'all have been BUSY this morning...lemme see if I can summarize / capsulate / catch up...

Be very careful - you'll encourage Plain to go off again!

What Slim said!

Again - what Slim said...I've had my challenges with Mafia Wars, but more so with Vampire Wars on FB...yes, I am a techno-junkie! :biggrin:

Okay, that's just WRONG...

Yep, definately - like Beth said - a mortar shell!

Aren't there consultants / volunteers to help Medicare patients fill out paperwork like that? Perhaps nearby in your community? It's worth a shot, maybe that will help with the frustration level...I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! :lol:

Okay - that's just WRONG. What if you do something to yourself to bring on anaphylactic (sp?) shock or some other adverse and severe reaction?

What on earth? Who thought up that nonsense...

Well, anyway...minor scale victory this morning - even with my imperfect run at the 5 day pouch test, I'm off of my plateau and weighed in this morning at 202! I'm down roughly 3 pounds...I've been bouncing up and down a pound, but nothing serious. I find myself wanting salty, crunchy things - I think maybe my cycle may be getting ready to start...YUK!

Anyway - the job hunt continues, H is trying hard to work his way back to being DH, and DD is loving school so far. I'm up to running 1.5 miles 3 days a week, non stop (no walking) and I feel skinny today! :tt1:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I'll BBL!

lol....Ebony! Congrats on the success! YAY!

Congrats on the scale victory Ebony!

Politics-I don't get into the debate. I will sometimes view some of the threads, but you will not find me posting in any of them. I am the peace maker. I don't like to argue/debate... Hate to see people that I care about upset/unhappy even when I disagree with them.

Glouc-your DD and my DS sound so much alike when it comes to their classes. He hates to do poorly. He is in his school's gifted program. He was devastated when he got a B in one of his classes last year. I don't know what this year will bring (he's in 7th grade too).

Edited by *slim*
poor spelling, DS didn't get it from me.

My oldest DD is just like me. We like the same things. We fought. Now we "adult fight" and avoid one another or a certain subject!!

Sounds like me and my mom. She won't admit that we are alike because she says that I am mean. I just know what we aren't going to agree on so I avoid those subjects with her.:biggrin:

Politics-I don't get into the debate. I will sometimes view some of the threads, but you will not find me posting in any of them. I am the peace maker. I don't like to argue/debate... Hate to see people that I care about upset/unhappy even when I disagree with them.

True, but remember it was the apple cart upsetters who created and built the America that once was. :biggrin:

Howdy Folks!

Ebony - WTG and whooo hoo :biggrin:

Torky - hope DD makes good use of the Valium and isn't so nervous :lol:

Fanny - I ain't coming all the way to see you and missing that gorgeous Opera House! I wanna see all of your country actually....maybe someday. Maybe you and Beth could box at the Opera House?!?

Glou - Oh, math rears its ugly head. Not my subject :tt2:

Slim - I would know nothing about getting addicted to FB :wub:

Tap - Oh, I can so relate. Had my mom in my dining room in a hosp bed during Christmas. Then my sister (we live together) had bad arthritis attack and so did my dad. I had a wheelchair, 2 walkers and a cane in living room along with the tree. I got to wait on all of them...the family, not the walkers... Ah, holiday memories. Hang in there!!

Lulu - Okay, now you're purging? Don't start to binge! :lol:

Michelle - Hey there!

BBK - I'm so glad your DD is home.

Kat - I was gonna spell that with a "C" just to get you all riled up...tee hee. Hope you're having a good day!

Beth - Hope school is going well. :tt1:

Thanks again for all the support and concern. I'm working on my 25 page life story for the new doc. For the record, it doesn't take any week to fill out a form. Pleeeze. I hate rules! I want my band NOW! This minute!! Today!!!!

Have a great day, friends!

Glouc-your DD and my DS sound so much alike when it comes to their classes. He hates to do poorly. He is in his school's gifted program. He was devastated when he got a B in one of his classes last year. I don't know what this year will bring (he's in 7th grade too).

Hmm...he's her age, smart, and a cutie! How do you feel about the concept of betrothal?:lol:

The son on the other hand----he went to the same school YOU did! He would hop out of the car, walk in the door of school, and then promptly walk back out again after we left. He finally dropped out, we had to do the tough love thing with him, as his "experimenting" got out of hand. He eventually saw the error of his ways, has got his GED, married has a a family and has been clean for years.

Ha! Kat that does exactly like me! Not the married part - officially or yet - but, I'd walk in and walk out. Wouldn't even go to first period and it was easy! I was awake...I was there...why didn't I stay? lol...I was just dumb.

Glou - Oh, math rears its ugly head. Not my subject :biggrin:

Hate. Hate. Hate math. I will actually clam up and have brain freeze trying to figure out tips in restaurants. I tip big because 20% is easy to figure out and 10% is too cheap.

Thanks again for all the support and concern. I'm working on my 25 page life story for the new doc. For the record, it doesn't take any week to fill out a form. Pleeeze. I hate rules! I want my band NOW! This minute!! Today!!!!

Have a great day, friends!

Rulz suck!

Filling out forms before the one week time frame is borderline anarchist!!!