Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Lots of posting going on...Love it!

I'm working from home today as mother isn't feeling too well - sore throat, and now one of her toes looks 'bruised'. As she is a diabetic this isn't a great sign, but as I am not a nurse or a doc I can't say what it is. BUT, she doesn't want to go to a doctor here because:

1. They don't know me, dear;

2. There are lots of other people sicker than I am, dear.

3. I don't want to bother anyone, dear;

4. Maybe it is just a bruise and I just don't remember stubbing my toe.

5. You shouldn't take time off of work dear during these hard economic times. You need to work.

6. I said 'NO' dear.

Fanny - sorry about your tooth.

Lu - coyote is my guess

Beth - Fabulous!!

Heart - you have a busy few days so take this break when you can.

Ebony - only 6 pounds; you can do it!

Brandy - one glass of wine won't hurt ya! (Does that statement make me an enabler?)

Lu/Glou - animal 'presents'...yes indeed. I have had my share. Sometimes living, sometimes not. Never nice to deal with.

OK - gotta see what mother is doing, then back to work...

Lu...how's your kitchen? Music too loud?

pretty quiet - DH and i sent separate emails to our contractor w/different granite counter top colors. similar - but since i cook .... i get to decide.

he won't care - but still, told him he got to design his media room & music studio - i get the rest.:blink:

i have emptied every cabinet - 8 bags of trash, 4 boxes of donation stuff.....and i'm DONE for the day.

we are going minimalist & our stuff collection is out of control. not giving up my books & he has a graveyard of technology STUFF.

oye............

PJTP: To all the ladies that refuse to put "organ meat" in their mouth, well......*snickering too much to finish boorish pun

I really hate to admit this but I thought the same thing but unlike Plain, did not post it!

Wine is nice.

Fanny, you encourage him too much!! LOL :tt1:

Ignoring the obvious wine comment to say that Fanny does indeed encourage Plain WAY too much!!!

Fanny - very sorry about your root canal experience. Mine was completely opposite. I'd had tooth pain maybe 2-3 days. The dentist said it was most likely a root canal issue so I said, "well i'm here so let's get to it." I had very little pain, thankfully. One caveat: his assistant said that people normally have no pain or horrible pain (meaning it's usually not in the middle). So, heaven forbid, you need another one, hopefully it would be the NO PAIN version!

re: Fanny's fat free bacon post - I guess she schooled y'all!!!

Oh, that reminds me.....Here's your Big Book of Filthy Sexual Euphemisms back. Thanx for letting me borrow it, Tap, I learned lots.

:)

Plain,

I'd have kept Tap's book until she returned your copy of Sex for Dummys. BTW, the ventriloquist is really pissed. He's considering a lawsuit. You KNOW what happened last time :blink:.

also :cool2:

No shots at all? Weird!

The lab only brought one dead bird in, when we first got her. Plopped it right on DD's bed. I heard her yelling, and the lab was hiding. I told DD, she was just bringing a gift.

But, no more gifts have come. :)

I would've screamed like a little girl! Wait, your DD is a little girl....

Just one, B? Hell...I go through that like it's a shot glass.

liar!

Lu...how's your kitchen? Music too loud?

Ha!!!!!

i have emptied every cabinet - 8 bags of trash, 4 boxes of donation stuff.....and i'm DONE for the day. we are going minimalist & our stuff collection is out of control. not giving up my books & he has a graveyard of technology STUFF. oye............

would you please come clean up my office? it's a full on hot mess!

Just one, B? Hell...I go through that like it's a shot glass.

Normally that would be Rho.. I have a trip at the end of the year and gotta get closer to goal dammit!

That skinny little bitch is already gonna show me up... ROFL

Waiting on pics....

Umm Ya Lu...

Bonus if we get to see a worker dancing to da music.

Drive by post...stupid swine flu is freaking me out....I'm thinking I'll go all MJ and just make my family wear masks all the time..

Beep beep

Drive by post...stupid swine flu is freaking me out....I'm thinking I'll go all MJ and just make my family wear masks all the time..

Beep beep

Ha! Love it...

pjtp - I'm a little torn right now over a little girl in my "extended" family. I say extended b/c it's my best friend's sister-in-law's neice. Long train to follow, but we're all pretty close.

On FB, this young girl (she's 14, I think) posts really sad things. Things like, "No one loves me" and "I tried to love him but he broke my heart. Now I want to die." Crap that is obviously calling out for some help, IMO. And it's every day, all day long. Once I posted: Aren't you in school??? and no response - so I'm not sure if she's skipping, or what.

I sent her an email telling her I'm there for her, but I want to do more. She's in VA, and I've emailed her aunt, too.

But...wow. At 14 if she's feeling this sad and alone, what's 16, 18...etc going to bring?

PJTP...

pjtp - I'm a little torn right now over a little girl in my "extended" family. I say extended b/c it's my best friend's sister-in-law's neice. Long train to follow, but we're all pretty close.

On FB, this young girl (she's 14, I think) posts really sad things. Things like, "No one loves me" and "I tried to love him but he broke my heart. Now I want to die." Crap that is obviously calling out for some help, IMO. And it's every day, all day long. Once I posted: Aren't you in school??? and no response - so I'm not sure if she's skipping, or what.

I sent her an email telling her I'm there for her, but I want to do more. She's in VA, and I've emailed her aunt, too.

But...wow. At 14 if she's feeling this sad and alone, what's 16, 18...etc going to bring?

That's kinda scary in a way - this poor child is obviously reaching out, but FB isn't the best place to do that IMO...all it might take is some idiot to respond with a crappy message and that could force her off-line and no one would know what was going on. I think you did the right thing by emailing her Aunt - and adult needs to know how she's feeling. Do you know of any 1-800 numbers for crisis counseling where they have teens available who can talk to her?

You might also give her a call directly - say you were thinking about her and wanted to check in - encourage her to talk to friends, parents, or maybe a school counselor. If she's posting this stuff publicly, she may be feeling worse than what she posts. Maybe it's just teen angst - I know my daughter goes into the depths of dark when stuff happens in her world - but you don't want to assume in this case.

Please let us know how she's doing - as a Mom, I'm concerned about her...and things do get easier as they get older. Stuff that used to send my daughter home in tears at 14 was dismissed with a shrug of the shoulders at 17...

got nothing - other than this could be all attention seeking.

*not a mom* - disclosure.

ouch...this was her response to my email:

"i don't know, if i'm gonna be the same happy person anymore. x_x i know ALOT care and love me so much, i just can't take it ! :'("

I will call tonight. Poor baby...now I'm really worried.

Lu, maybe attention seeking, but I dunno. She was always a happy fun kid, no drama. So, I'm not sure. I think she's into boys and doesn't know how to handle it.

I was horrible once I hit puberty and really didn't "snap out of it" until I was older. Dropping out of HS made life hard, ...having a truancy officer made it harder before dropping out! :blink:...I just don't want to see her go through what I did.

Beth - AWESOME!

Brandy - NOT a failure!

Lu - sorry bout presents!

Fanny - sorry hun - know the pain!

Everyone else - quick hi!

Brandy - one glass of wine won't hurt ya! (Does that statement make me an enabler?)

Nope. It's not band-endangering, so no enabling there.

And Brandy, you did NOT fail, and stop that righ this instant, young lady. :cool2:

One of the things I'm learning in my strengths based leadership is how easily we as people focus on the one bad thing we did and not all the good things. Look instead at all the stuff you DID do. One glass of wine is like 120 calories. Big deal. Considering that you say your caloric intake has been a bit low, it probably helped you. :)

Hell, I guess I shouldn't mention the THREE (or was it four?)Crown and waters I had last night. :blink: