Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

can i bring a 'goose'?

Hell yeah! would kick you to the curb if you didn't! WELL NOT REALLY - BUT I'D BE SAD.

PJTP...on my way to bed, but guess where I have to check in first!

PJTP---I hate my life.....and I hate having a bipolar spouse....and I miss the person he used to be.....

Oh BBK - my heart goes out to you...I'm so sorry you're going through this. Take good care of yourself - try to find a way to destress out of the house if you can...

PJTP: To all the ladies that refuse to put "organ meat" in their mouth, well......*snickering too much to finish boorish pun

OMG, I posted yesterday... YESTERDAY!! And already there are over a 100 new posts! You guys talk too much! :w00t: hehehe

Anyhoo, pjtp:

I made up this Soup recipe last night, as an amalgamation of several others, and it turned out DELICIOUS!!! Easy peasy to make and really low cal/low fat too!

Cauliflower, Zucchini and Bacon Soup

1/2 large head of cauliflower, chopped roughly

1 large zucchini, chopped roughly

125g pkt shortcut fat free bacon, diced finely

1 teaspoon butter

500ml Continental or Campbells liquid Vegetable Stock

Freshly ground pepper

Melt the butter in the bottom of the soup pot. Add bacon and soften for a minute or two (don't brown), then add veges and pepper and soften for 5 mins more. Add stock to pot, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins until veges are really soft. Put everything in a blender (just fits my 2 litre) and whizz for 1 min. Return to pot and stir over low heat, season with salt/pepper to taste. It might need a tad extra Water (say, just enough to rinse out the blender as you pour it back into the pot) but it is meant to be very thick, so don't put too much in. Serve!!

It makes at least 6 bowls and the WHOLE pot only adds up to 380 calories/5g fat, so it's roughly 60 cal a bowl - and just YUM!! (If you use fatty/streaky bacon, the counts go up very quickly!)

Enjoy :thumbup:

PS: @ Plain, I enjoy liver, kidneys, brains and many other organs in my mouth :mad:

Edited by Fanny Adams

PS: @ Plain, I enjoy liver, kidneys, brains and many other organs in my mouth :thumbup:

Just one type for me. And it must be humongous. So sorry, plain. :mad:

Okay, color me stupid, but isn't fat-free bacon, oh, I dunno, AIR? :thumbup:

I've never heard of such an animal.

there was a thread last wk about turkey bacon ..

it should come from a pig - that * pancetta * prosciutto~

like i wont' eat orange butter (margarine) - i'll take small doses of the real stuff.

Okay, color me stupid, but isn't fat-free bacon, oh, I dunno, AIR? :thumbup:

I've never heard of such an animal.

The fat free short cut is basically just the eye out of the ribeye cut of bacon, with all the fat trimmed away. It's a very popular cut here, although it's a bit more expensive than fatty bacon. It is delicious though - all the yum of bacon with none of the guilt!

The difference is about 130 cal for 125g of fat free, vs 375 cal for the same amount of a regular fatty middle rasher, and 1g of fat compared to 17g for the fatty bacon!!

Shortcut

Middle rashers

PS: The short cut isn't turkey bacon or "reconstituted bacon-like substances", it is real bacon - just the flesh part with none of the fat.

Edited by Fanny Adams

there was a thread last wk about turkey bacon ..

it should come from a pig - that * pancetta * prosciutto~

like i wont' eat orange butter (margarine) - i'll take small doses of the real stuff.

OH, okay... turkey bacon I get. Though I prefer the real thing. lol

And I believe it's been shown that though the caloric intake of margarine and butter isn't very far off from one another, margarine just plain is worse for you. Again, gimme the real thing -- in moderation, of course. :thumbup:

The fat free short cut is basically just the eye out of the ribeye cut of bacon, with all the fat trimmed away. It's a very popular cut here, although it's a bit more expensive than fatty bacon. It is delicious though - all the yum of bacon with none of the guilt!

The difference is about 130 cal for 125g of fat free, vs 375 cal for the same amount of a regular fatty middle rasher, and 1g of fat compared to 17g for the fatty bacon!!

Shortcut

Middle rashers

PS: The short cut isn't turkey bacon or "reconstituted bacon-like substances", it is real bacon - just the flesh part with none of the fat.

Huh, VERY interesting! I wonder if we have anything like that here.

It's worth looking for, as fat free bacon is great in so many dishes. However, if you can't find it, just drop the teaspoon of butter and let the bacon cook a little longer till the fat goes clear, then drain off the fat before adding the veges. That would bring the cal count up to about 550-600 for the whole pot, so still only 100 cal a bowl.

You guys sure are busy in the evenings!

Lu - yes, pics. lots of them. Love to see this creation coming to life.

BBK - I'm so sorry about your situation. First Faith, then this. Hugs.

Lu/Beth/Glou - Turkey bacon - no. Turkey= bird. Pig = animal. not the same thing. Like skim milk = Water with white food coloring

FAnny - recipe sounds delicious. Must investigate these 'short cuts'. And I meant to mention earlier, I just LOVED that red dress. I want one.

Glou - wine IS nice.

Ebony - I know what you mean...I just had to check in before I went to bed. (Although it is going to be a rough night I can tell. I'm WAY past my bedtime, wide awake and the pantry is calling....)

Plain - Whatever can you mean?? Tap asks wide eyed and innocent. Blink. blink.