Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Morning Slim.

Morning Tap. Are you feeling any better?

Edited by *slim*
grammar

Hi Slim - no, not really. Walked to work but by-passed the Y - just do NOT have any interest at all in going there.

This weeks forecast...

b.gife.gifm.gifd.gifm.gifm.gif

71 73 77 80 77 78

How's that for an uplifting summer fun forecast?

Amazingly, that is the best week since early June!

I want a refund on this summer!!!

Hi Slim - no, not really. Walked to work but by-passed the Y - just do NOT have any interest at all in going there.

This weeks forecast...

71 73 77 80 77 78

Tap I am so sorry! You have had amazingly bad luck with the weather this year. I really hope it turns around to help you out of the doldrums (sp?).

PJTP...Morning All! :)

It's a bright sunny morning and I feel great! Did my morning wog with DH and DDog this morning and after I warmed up, I felt really strong...beat him on the last block sprint and wasn't breathing as hard as Monday.

Funny what a couple of days can do...we wog on MWF and I walk T Th S Sun. I'm following the c25k program.

NSV - put on a dress that I bought two months ago and couldn't wear "well". I could put it on, but it pulled in unattractive ways. Partly because while my lower body is slimming down, my boobs haven't gone much of anywhere...now I really notice how big they still are compared to the rest of me. That's why I still buy size 18's - my bottom half is a 16, top half needs an 18 still. Today, the dress fits MUCH better - still can't wear the belt (it lands right up under the 'girls')...but I'm happy it fits better!

Looking more and more like a breast reduction / enhancement is in my future...I have my monthly lap band support group meeting tonight - missed the past two months, so I'm glad to be going back.

Everyone have a wonderful day! :lol:

Mornin' y'all.

I noticed Lu's avatar last night too and wondered what happened.

Tap, sorry you're not feeling well. :lol:

Buzzed posting -- whew, seemed to miss all the police checkpoints! :)

Meetings: I haven't been able to be to one since the one right after my surgery. I COULD have gone to the last two (just had one on Monday) but I simply forgot, which really ticked me off. Been wanting to go.

Morning all!

Must get the house cleaned today - I work the next 3 nights and have mtgs thurs and fri am when I get off - so wont have much time. Then my parents come in town sat - will have to wake up early to pick them up at the airport and then my mom is walking the race for the cure with me on sunday (she's a survivor) then I'll take them back to the airport mon am, and then work m, t, w nights.

Wish I could fast forward a week - but at least it wont be boring

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

This weeks forecast...

71 73 77 80 77 78

Hehehe - make all the temperatures the same as the first two days (i.e. 71-73) and that's exactly our forecast here, in the middle of winter!

Mornin' y'all.

Morning!

Morning all!

Must get the house cleaned today - I work the next 3 nights and have mtgs thurs and fri am when I get off - so wont have much time. Then my parents come in town sat - will have to wake up early to pick them up at the airport and then my mom is walking the race for the cure with me on sunday (she's a survivor) then I'll take them back to the airport mon am, and then work m, t, w nights.

Wish I could fast forward a week - but at least it wont be boring

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

I will be rooting for you in the race for the cure. I had two relatives with breast cancer.

Hehehe - make all the temperatures the same as the first two days (i.e. 71-73) and that's exactly our forecast here, in the middle of winter!

Don't rub it in.

PJTP...Morning All! :)

Morning!

I will be rooting for you in the race for the cure. I had two relatives with breast cancer.

What she said. My mom and HER mom both had it. My mom survived it. Hers did not. My sister had also shown signs of pre-cancerous cells some years back. So for this reason, the doctors keep a close watch on me. Which reminds me, I am overdue for a mammo.

Fanny, your in the 70's in the middle of winter! How cool is that!

Happy Bandaversary KT!:lol:

Ebony, congrats on the NSV. I love NSVs:wub:

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all doing well!

I love antiques also. My parents loved antiquing. Dad would refurbish wood antiques. I have a table that he redone. The chairs have pretty much all gone. I have 5 chairs left and 3 are usable. It originally had 8. I have a china hutch that dates from the 1800s that was my parents. I have some butter dishes and Black Amethyst vases. I have a child's wooden ironing board that my grandfather made my mom when she was 3. It is signed and dated. (but it is fading) It is 83 yrs. old. It folds and unfolds just like a regular ironing board. I have some antique dolls. My favorite I have had since I was 6. She is a Suzy doll. She is worth $400.00. (she was appraised at a antique road show type deal.) If I had her shoes and her dress was in better shape she would be worth more. She was given to me when freinds of the family bought a house and there were toys there. They gave them to me.

My kids laugh at me when we go yard saleing or to the flee markets because of the antiques. They think I am like a kid in a candy shop.:)

Everyone have a blessed day

G4E, tell the kids not to knock yard sales!

There was a woman who brought a table onto Antiques Roadshow that she had bought some 20-25 years before, spent about $25 on it (the people were asking $30 but she only had $25), and it is a rare Chippendale (I think) that is worth $250,000! I think the guy who appraised it said it was only the fourth one that he knew of in existence.

Wait, I found the story. It was appraised higher, and look what it sold for!

In 1997 in New Jersey, a teacher's $25 garagesale

table turned out to be a rare, Federal-style

card table made by John and Thomas Seymour of

Boston in the late 1700s. It was appraised at

$200,000 to $300,000, and subsequently sold at

auction for $541,000.

PJTP...

Love Antiques Roadshow and anything to do with antiques or old houses...

Bought a set of beautiful tables many years ago - dark wood (cherry maybe) with leather tops that have gold leafing around the edges. They need custom-cut glass to go on top because of the shape of the table - haven't done that yet, but they are in a room where they don't get much use / touching.

Would LOVE to find out they were worth some astronomical amount of money...:)

Also have a Japanese Geisha doll (in a display case) that I've had since I was nine - my uncle, who was serving in the Air Force, brought it back for me from one of his trips. She's still holding strong and has her entire kimono, the elaborate hairdo, and the paper flowers she is carrying. Of course at nine years old, I couldn't truly appreciate her beauty - kept wanting to take her out of the display case and play with her like my Barbies! :lol:

Surprising that she survived - probably need to get her appraised to see if she's become valuable over the years. I'll always consider her priceless... :lol:

Oh, but would you sell something if you found out it was that valuable? Or keep it - for either sentimental or LATER resale value?

I was given a dining room table and chairs with leather seats. The set came to North America in the 1890's from England, and was not new then. It is my daily table - complete with faded finish, torn seat covers, scratches, etc....and I never think of it as an antique. I'm sure somebody would think it is scandalous to use it as a regular table, but that's what it is.

Beth - what do you do with 2 dining room sets??

My mother still as one of her original dolls - with the straw stuffing and real china head. The doll is probably 80+ years old. Wonder if it is worth something?

Thrift stores can also a source of treasures - from a newspaper:

Someone dropped off two paintings at a local Goodwill bin. The paintings were put aside in a shopping cart for the store manager to assess and price. The manager who knew nothing about art thought they might be originals. He called in an art dealer who identified them as by Peruvian artist Federico del Campo. The store decided to auction them and the winning bid was over $150,000.

Imagine if the manager hadn't thought to check - someone might have picke up these paintings for $10. or something....

P.S. Fanny - it's a good thing I like you because otherwise your weather posting would be just enough to piss me off!:tongue2: