Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Wait... so there's different ones even in this shoe? I was thinking there was only one kind, just different colors. Crap, more research...

I'm not sure what the real difference is among the different styles of skechers shape-ups. I know that every place that I found them online had different colors of the different styles than each other. Amazon had different colors than skechers.com, but then zappos.com had different colors than either of those sites. They all look alike, but I can feel a difference in my optimize as opposed to my metabolize shoes (then again, it could be mental:unsure:). They look quite alike though.

Surgery date is 8/27 :lol: Doing Dad's 80th on 8/23....that should fun...cake, brats, soda, SODA, soda....having a little trouble adjusting to no soda, in case you didn't notice :lol:. Also, there will be wine. Actually, this is will be okay. My pre-op diet starts on Mon. 8/24.

Thanks for asking!

TPG

I apologize, I remember the discussion about the date now. :)

And forget the soda. I think we all turn into winos after surgery. :lol:

I'm not sure what the real difference is among the different styles of skechers shape-ups. I know that every place that I found them online had different colors of the different styles than each other. Amazon had different colors than skechers.com, but then zappos.com had different colors than either of those sites. They all look alike, but I can feel a difference in my optimize as opposed to my metabolize shoes (then again, it could be mental:unsure:). They look quite alike though.

I'm searching as I'm reading here.

So you have one of each? Assuming you really are feeling a difference and it's not just a mental thing, what difference(s) do you notice and would you recommend one over the other?

All along I thought there was just one kind, and so far I can't seem to find any specific write-ups detailing the differences. I'm still early in my search, though...

Surgery date is 8/27 :lol: Doing Dad's 80th on 8/23....that should fun...cake, brats, soda, SODA, soda....having a little trouble adjusting to no soda, in case you didn't notice :lol:. Also, there will be wine. Actually, this is will be okay. My pre-op diet starts on Mon. 8/24.

Thanks for asking!

TPG

My mom's birthday party was schedule for the day before I was to start my pre-op diet. They called the Monday before and moved my surgery date up!:) I ended up missing my "last supper". It worked out for the best because it gave me less time to stress over it. I stopped drinking soda the day I went to the seminar (almost 3 months before surgery). I can't look at a Dr. Pepper without drooling.:lol: On my bandiversary, I plan to drink at least 1 soda just to have the taste.

I drink soda or beer periodically, but it can often give me fits with burping and going down (or NOT going down). Don't even really know if I'm supposed to have it (seems to depend on the doc). Is the worry that it can stretch the pouch?

I'm searching as I'm reading here.

So you have one of each? Assuming you really are feeling a difference and it's not just a mental thing, what difference(s) do you notice and would you recommend one over the other?

All along I thought there was just one kind, and so far I can't seem to find any specific write-ups detailing the differences. I'm still early in my search, though...

It seems like I feel my muscles working harder in the metabolize than I do in the optimize. The sole seems to be softer in my optimize. I don't know if that is a defect or design.:) I wear the optimize daily (I picked the all back to hide how dirty my shoes seem to get at work:blush:). They are extremely comfortable though.

I drink soda or beer periodically, but it can often give me fits with burping and going down (or NOT going down). Don't even really know if I'm supposed to have it (seems to depend on the doc). Is the worry that it can stretch the pouch?

I'm not sure. My doc talked a lot about the discomfort. He told us to wait a year before drinking one. I figure he throws out that date because after a year of not having one, you have broken that habit. Instead, I have picked up other habits to take its place.

It seems like I feel my muscles working harder in the metabolize than I do in the optimize. The sole seems to be softer in my optimize. I don't know if that is a defect or design.:) I wear the optimize daily (I picked the all back to hide how dirty my shoes seem to get at work:blush:). They are extremely comfortable though.

Hmmm, interesting.

I found this, which makes it sound as if the different names only relate to the visual style moreso than any difference in the way they work:

Skechers Shape Ups™

Hmmm, interesting.

I found this, which makes it sound as if the different names only relate to the visual style moreso than any difference in the way they work:

Skechers Shape Ups™

Told you I was mental.:) I have to wonder if the first pair really does have a defect in the sole. It just seems to be a lot softer than the other shoes. It almost looks like it has a flat tire when I am standing up. hmmm

OK - I went to my local Dick's - didn't have the skechers but there are some larger ones in town too.

I did end up getting a cheaper pair of the Nike+ shoes to go with the Ipod sensor - I'm excited to try it all out.

I'm gearing myself up for a major regimen (?sp?) change this next week - going to try to jump start a weight loss spurt.

I need to do something to get me looking good by february.

Hello all. I can't remember all I have read except about the skechers (sp). I am like Beth (?) I don't know the difference. I just know I am a cheepskate. I can't spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes. When my kids wanted name brand, they worked and paid 1/2 on them. I just can't see paying over $30. or $40. for a pair of shoes. But I am also one that won't spend over $20. on a pair of pants. But I will spend more on my Bras. Don't get me started on purses. I think they are so over priced it isn't funny! Dooney and Burke or whatever it is called is highway robbery! $ 400.00 for a flippin ugly purse. If I was forced to choose to spend a small fortune and the choise was a purse or shoes it would be shoes. They serve a good purpose, purses are a assesary.(sp) $20. for a purse is reasonable IMHO. But my favorite purses I have bought for change or a couple of bucks from thrift stores and yard sales. But like I said I am cheep!:)

Have a good night all

Told you I was mental.:) I have to wonder if the first pair really does have a defect in the sole. It just seems to be a lot softer than the other shoes. It almost looks like it has a flat tire when I am standing up. hmmm

Not even sure if it's your imagination. Usually they use different names for different things they do. When you call them names like Optimize, Metabolize, and Sport, I would automatically assume they are different in what they do, not just how they look. If all that's different is the look, that's a strange way to market them, with names like that.

OK - I went to my local Dick's - didn't have the skechers but there are some larger ones in town too.

I was SO gonna run with this! :)

It's amazing what comes out of my mouth unintentionally.

I am however shocked at your restraint tonight - are you feeling ok?

Okay, getting me some Dicks tomorrow. Wait... :lol:

UMMM yeah. Now we know what you have on your mind.:lol:

Not just 1 but......:)

I was SO gonna run with this! :w00t:

Yep you missed your chance. I wonder how many others read your earlier post and didn't run with it. I could help it, you really stepped into it!:lol: