Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

It's Friday - finally and thankfully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJM - here's hoping that the bean safely remains 'inside' for another week

Mobsters....haven't yet investigated it. I can't imagine another online activity to consume my time...

tap - im thinking about sending him an eviction notice ... i'm full term today and im ready to go... plus my least fave OB is on call on my induction day ... i actually left her for someone else in the practice... anytime between now and Thursday would be great. the 25th ideal cause that's my doctor.

same here, i have a few invites to the mob wars but haven't opened just for that reason. almost don't want to know what it's about.

so we could have a posting baby here soon!!!!!!:crying:

losing, hope lil' fella can keep put for one more wk!!! btw - i hate ambien!! i tried it for a wk once and had WEIRD dreams, and one night i slept walk, never done that before.

it's friday - going to get the grey flushed outta my hair...LOL, think i want to cut my hair shorter too - suprised DH tonite:tongue:

again, he can pretend he has a GF.:tt2:

re mobsters - even if you join a mob, you really dont have to do anything ... it just benefits the person who invited you... DH is part of my mob and he hasnt done anything on his account for all i know....

i did take the ambien and holy crap it knocked me out. took it about midnight, woke up once to go to the bathroom then right to bed, once again for vitals, was up for maybe 10 mins (normally 1-2 hours after those vitals) and i finally woke up for good about 850. if i take it again i think i'll just take it earlier. i didnt have any dreams that i remember which is good cause i'm watching season 1 of Dexter ... and if i would dream, it would probably be about that... yikes!!

LJM...well 1 nieghbor down (so to speak) I am glad you were able to hold out until today. With my 1st 2 DDs My pains were so irregular. The Dr finally gave me something to make them even out. I can't remember the name of the stuff cause it has been 31 yrs ago. My pains would go from 10 min. apart to 1 min. apart then up to 5 min apart. Awful cycle until he gave me the meds. Then after 1 hr my pains were regular and I delivered soon after. My last DD I had toximia and didn't know about it until a week before I had her. I kept telling the Dr.s something was wrong (I used UAB training). It was a week before I delivered her and the Dr. I had Told me I had it. Quote "if you don't do exactly as I tell you, you and the baby will die". I cried and was such a wreck. Then when I went into labor I ended up having a c-sec. because her foot was stuck under my cervix. They didn't tell me that one at all. Then after the c-sec. they never went out and told my family. I had her at 8:32 pm. They didn't find out until a freind of mine who works in the nursury came in for her shift at 11:00pm. She told them and woke me up to give me my DD. Sorry for the horror story.:tt2: Good luck and you are in my prayers.

15_2_129.gif 15_5_18.gif

Afraid to do Ambien.. Might drive over to middle DDs home and go off on SIL and her. Kidnap grandbabies. Then go to jail...Wouldn't do anyone any good.15_4_127.gif 36_1_3.gif 36_6_13.gif

Note to self...don't cross Gone 4 ever as she seems to have some agressive tendancies.

PJTP - I hate flavored coffees; can't imagine the taste, the smell is horrid

re mobsters - even if you join a mob, you really dont have to do anything ... it just benefits the person who invited you... DH is part of my mob and he hasnt done anything on his account for all i know....

I second that. Just cause you join the mob, doesn't mean you actually have to play. You can be members of several mobs. My DH is also a member of my mob (because I made him do it) but he never plays it. I am in desperate need of 2 more mobsters so that I can do a bank job -- c'mon people, come join my mob, damn it!

OK, OK, I beginning to lose it, I think. See what you made me do people? You made me go all gangsta on ya.

Note to self...don't cross Gone 4 ever as she seems to have some agressive tendancies.

PJTP - I hate flavored coffees; can't imagine the taste, the smell is horrid

Laughing minachally (sp)

Thanks for all the encouraging words and support, everyone. (back a few pages now... you all really post fast and furious here sometimes :crying:)

I am upping my exercise to between 60 & 90 min a day 5-6 days a week. I think that will really help.

Thanks again, your encouragement made me feel awesome!:tt2:

~Amy

this thread is killing me, in a good way of course:)

from FB, more shows to TIVO, posting - i steal time to study @ night....which is hard to do because DH is needy & selfish w/our time...LOL

so it's kinda funny FB, hubby asked if he "needed" to get on board...he does linkd-in for work only & is afraid to get on a social site - till last night when he looked at my friend list and saw 4 of his best friends.

i will LMAO if he joins - i give him a wk!

So my night.....I started throwing up at 11:30pm and continued until 11:30am. I called the doctor's office. When they called me back, they said to get to the hospital "because I might be too tight." Uh yeah, ya think? He added 1.5 cc's yesterday so I told him to take out 2 cc's today. He said, "I took out 2 cc's even though that's going backwards." Uh I have eaten very little solid Protein since Dec 30...am I really that concerned about being .5 cc's "looser"? Um NO.

I hadn't eaten since bkfst yesterday so I stopped and got a Smoothie King. I'm going slowly but I'm hoping it takes away the hunger and freezes my stomach!

but it looks like I slept thru my neighbors delivery.... which is good!

SWEET!!!

the 25th ideal cause that's my doctor.

i'm watching season 1 of Dexter ... and if i would dream, it would probably be about that... yikes!!

I've seen season 1 of Dexter; it's SO good. It's really well-writen IMO. I need to rent season 2.

Can you ask/tell your doctor to induce on Jan 25? That's my cousin's bday! Tho I have another cousin born on Jan 23 too!

i will LMAO if he joins - i give him a wk!

Get him on there so i can stalk him; buwahahaha!

SnT-I am in no way saying my way is the only way or THE way with the band....but I have always kept my restriction to a minimum, and it may have taken me a little longer, but I made it to goal, without painful eating, or PB's every day.

I learned good eating habits eating like a bandster, and even now with no fill at all since last April---I am managing to maintain for the most part. Here lately with the steroids, it is harder than before tho----so thinking a fill might help---then again it may just make it worse!

I tried to keep my focus more on healthy eating as opposed to limiting my eating. I cannot (well maybe I could I dunno!) just choose to go without food--that is like dieting! YUCK!

My method was more of a mind change---I tried to visualize, how small my new stomach was. I actually have a pouch that is similar in size on my desk! Anyway I would do my best to try fill that space with as healthy of food as possible---some of it was not diet concious food, but it was healthy usually. I didn't eliminate every carb from my body, or all the sugar, but I definitely cut down on them!

While I did not follow the diet, I relied on a lot I had learned when reading the South Beach Diet book in my yo yo dieting days!

It can be done, and I have no doubt you can do it. Being too tight is dangerous, and why get thin if you are going to ruin your health doing it and be unable to enjoy yourself????

Glad you are getting some relief--enjoy your smoothie!

Kat

So my night.....I started throwing up at 11:30pm and continued until 11:30am. I called the doctor's office. When they called me back, they said to get to the hospital "because I might be too tight." Uh yeah, ya think? He added 1.5 cc's yesterday so I told him to take out 2 cc's today. He said, "I took out 2 cc's even though that's going backwards." Uh I have eaten very little solid Protein since Dec 30...am I really that concerned about being .5 cc's "looser"? Um NO.

I've seen season 1 of Dexter; it's SO good. It's really well-writen IMO. I need to rent season 2.

Can you ask/tell your doctor to induce on Jan 25? That's my cousin's bday! Tho I have another cousin born on Jan 23 too!

gahh... sorry about you being too tight and throwing up. glad they got you in to fix it.

this group of docs will.not.induce early unless there is medical reason to do so ... i dont wanna make my BP spike just to get induced so if he doesnt come on his own, i guess i'm stuck with Dr. Suck, but oh welll ... the only real reason i left her is because of her personality - she has none... its not like she was a bad doc.

Thank you for the post, Kat!

See, that's what I thought! I really like my doc but I

thought, um it's OK for you to want me tighter b/c I may not be losing as quickly as he'd like (tho he hasn't said that). But I don't like the thought of sitting down to a meal and wondering if it's going to come back up (esp when I'm in public)! He also said that sometime one can have swelling (like when one hits one's thumb and it'll be swollen the next day). Of course having been throwing up for 12 hours, I didn't really want to hear it! But I didn't flick him on the forehead so I was proud.

But I did feel good b/c I stood up for myself. Yesterday, I kind of just took whatever he said because he's the doctor and he should know. I sent Lulu an email telling her that he'd given me more fill instead of an unfill. She asked me how I felt about that and it kind of stopped me b/c I thought, "that isn't what I wanted"!!!

Last night was NOT fun. I had so much gurgling, hiccuping, burping, and of course PB'ing. It hurt to lie down and I love to sleep!!!

PS - the smoothie was good stuff! I got a Slim N Trim (?) with 3 kinds of Protein. It wasn't a full fat milkshake but I thought a good substitute since I would have some protein!

Oh and Lulu - I also got my "new" Blackberry! So now I have a functioning camera again, dangit!

I understand what he said about smashing your thumb---but if you are one who swells like that, then you really seriously have to sneak up on restriction with teensy tiny fills regularly, not big fills.

If you were reacting to the fill, and swelling, then you were only aggravating it every time you threw up---when was it going to get a chance to go down???

That would be like saying ok, well I hit my thumb with the hammer so I won't use the hammer again----and hitting it with a rock instead.....DUH!

Dr.'s like their #'s to look good---but I like my stomach to look good and healthy! I agree with Lulu -you paid, you should have a say!

Glad your smoothie is down and staying there!

Kat

SNT- I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know that had to be miserable. We do have to be our on advocates when it comes to our health.

PJTP-Another NSV! My doctor's office called to give me the results of my labs. With no metformin since the week I started my pre-op diet, my A1C score was 5.2! She just verified that I no longer classify as pre-diabetic! woohoo!

SNT- I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know that had to be miserable. We do have to be our on advocates when it comes to our health.

PJTP-Another NSV! My doctor's office called to give me the results of my labs. With no metformin since the week I started my pre-op diet, my A1C score was 5.2! She just verified that I no longer classify as pre-diabetic! woohoo!

That is FANTASTIC!!! That IS a great NSV!! Congrats! :scared2: