Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

i'll no longer comment on those threads (burger one did me in).

but i have no issue reading all the responses:)

Yeah, me too. I was bad. Got spanked. The most I MIGHT do is a HORRAY for a job well done, since that's all everybody wants anyway. :laugh:

Beth, in case you're still in an a$$ kicking mood, check out this thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/10-days-post-op-eating-85173/index2.html#post1116602

well OF COURSE it's ok that you ate a burger 10 days after surgery ... and OF COURSE if you are eating on liquids you'll be fine.. just fine. dont worry about it... really.

until 2 years from now you wake up at 3am vomiting ...

Same here. I cannot reply to them. Alot of people cheat, but only a little. (Confession time: I cheated a little post op. But, only small items once or twice. I knew it was wrong and did not go looking for someone to tell me it was ok). The ones that eat a full meal afterwards kill me.

The post that got me was the bottom one on the first page. Poster said "most bandsters have had one or two slippages". WTH? Where did she get that. I've been on here for well over a yr and have only read about one or two slippages.

CeraDad, I thought the "slippage" poster meant to say "have had one or two slip ups" -- as in eaten something they shouldn't have. But maybe a majority of long term banders have had slippage? For those on this thread who've been banded longer than 1 year, please let us know if you've had any slippage. Perhaps this is a lot more common than us "juniors" realize.

For those on this thread who've been banded longer than 1 year, please let us know if you've had any slippage. Perhaps this is a lot more common than us "juniors" realize.

i'm 15 months out - no slip. but like she stated a page back, i think it's best to have as little fill needed for restriction/weightloss .....today i had .25 taken out. i swear that pouch test KILLED my appetite completely.

i do however have a hernia - could be weight loss related; maybe not. i have an appt w/surgeon & lapband dr thursday morning for a consult to get it out. it is what it is.

my husband totally cheated; he shaved off a day here or there advancing to certain foods post op or after a fill. what he didn't do was come here looking for approval from those that did the same. his consequences are his should something happen.....he was also honest w/our dr & didn't try to have a steak 3 days out....:laugh:

CeraDad, I thought the "slippage" poster meant to say "have had one or two slip ups" -- as in eaten something they shouldn't have. But maybe a majority of long term banders have had slippage? For those on this thread who've been banded longer than 1 year, please let us know if you've had any slippage. Perhaps this is a lot more common than us "juniors" realize.

Could be and I just misread it.

i'm 15 months out - no slip. but like she stated a page back, i think it's best to have as little fill needed for restriction/weightloss .....today i had .25 taken out. i swear that pouch test KILLED my appetite completely.

i do however have a hernia - could be weight loss related; maybe not. i have an appt w/surgeon & lapband dr thursday morning for a consult to get it out. it is what it is.

my husband totally cheated; he shaved off a day here or there advancing to certain foods post op or after a fill. what he didn't do was come here looking for approval from those that did the same. his consequences are his should something happen.....he was also honest w/our dr & didn't try to have a steak 3 days out....:laugh:

That is the way I look at it. I followed pretty closely to what the instructions were. I didn't eat anything for the first 5 days. The next were kind of hard and I cheated with a cherry Tomato once and something else small once. Never even considered a hamburger and fries as something to eat. Once I went on the whole liquids and especially mushies, I would good to go.

I too think the post on the other thread, meant that the vast majority of bandsters slipped up with their post op diet in one manner or another.....not that most of us end up with slipped bands.

I recently went through what I thought was a slipped band, it ended up that I had a twisted intestine, not related to the band. While in there, he said my stomach looked as though it might have tried to prolapse. Which is the stomach coming back up through the band. Which doesn't surprise me, I had been throwing everything I ate or drank up for days on end---I was shocked I had not damaged the band, or actually my stomach further. But he said my adhesion line looked solid and healthy.....hope it stays thataway!!!

I fully realize there is a fine line on responding to posters in those threads, and many times just find myself moving on, because I cannot for the life of me find another way to say the same old line of 'see your Dr. or talk to your surgeon'. I want to shake the bejesus out of them and ask them WTF they were thinking? But since I cannot do that, and I understand why I can't(!), I move one usually! If it is someone or someone has posted in the thread I think I might seriously be able to help out, I have no issue. But there is a bumper sticker out that says "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission"--------and I feel like that is what so many of these posts are. I have to wonder why they didn't sit down and log in when the urge to eat hit--------that is how I got past MANY urges to eat, I would log on and look at the before and after pics, to get my inspiration back. Instead they find the time AFTER gorging themselves.

If you take the high road, and try to counsel them some on the why and how the band works and why it is so dangerous to it to eat that kind of thing early, then you get the old "know it all" and how those at goal are on their high horse.

On the other hand if you go with a tough love, you have no compassion, and obviously did not have the difficult time they are having. Nah, I just got morbidly obese, because I could quit eating any time! LOL

Did I cheat on my post op? Like some others I did a little bit---I moved to mushies a day earlier than scheduled, and admitted it to my Dr. I did have a much stricter post op than most I had seen, so I made the decision to do it. But that being said, I DID base my allowing myself to do it upon others posts here, I knew others were eating that were banded at the same time--they were moving to full diets, and I was still waiting for mushies---so I jumped ship a day early. I did NOT come here looking for someone to help me justify doing so. All I had to do for that was look in the mirror!!! NO one but me made me do it! LOL

Now I eat whatever, and don't consider it cheating, I probably should!!!

Sometimes I wish people would just ignore those posts all together, no response and they would quickly get buried, and forgotten, but instead they get the reaction from people and the battle is on....!

Well I am of to cheat and eat something for lunch!!! LOL I mean after all I am banded and immoral, and all those other things!!!! For shame!

Kat

that was pretty damn funny!!!!

i love the snow - but not to live in it. didn't convince hubby that valentines on a beach was a better idea, than the slopes - so i'll have snowflake lashes in a few wks:rolleyes:

I will be laying on the beach (hopefully 80lbs lighter) in Kauai on Vday.. Lets hope the 80lbs will keep them for mistaking me for the whales since it's whale season.. (No offense to anyone I was making fun of myself :laugh: )

I am too honest for those and I always get in trouble. I read it all and hit backspace really fast!

well OF COURSE it's ok that you ate a burger 10 days after surgery ... and OF COURSE if you are eating on liquids you'll be fine.. just fine. dont worry about it... really.

until 2 years from now you wake up at 3am vomiting ...

You're right LJM seriously.. They are just fine :ohmy: For now.....

So I guess we're just talking a LOT of sliders then. :laugh:

It's not really a lot though. It's something like 20 % who regain and a lot of them don't gain it *all* back. Compare this to people who diet without WLS....

Maybe 3 months out of the year is too much but when you never get ANY, it sounds wonderful.

Not to me!

I commented in the thread Chickie was alluding too. I think the whole "you're insecure" thing is a massive case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I commented in the thread Chickie was alluding too. I think the whole "you're insecure" thing is a massive case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Are kettles only black? I think I have seen them in other colors :laugh:

Madam! You as good as told her she'd fail and that she was insane to boot!

I have to wonder why they didn't sit down and log in when the urge to eat hit--------that is how I got past MANY urges to eat,

i did the exact same thing - came here (lbt).

i had to really rely on will power or make deals with myself. i can eat xxxx - but i need to get out and walk, something to burn that extra bit of calories..LOL

You know what shits me though? I DID do everything right post op. I didn't "cheat", I was scared out of my wits of eating the wrong thing too soon. I was hungry as hell but obeyed my Dr's instructions to the word. But, 18ish months later, I still had a minor slip from being filled a little too tight. Wasn't anything I ate or did myself my Dr said, but had I not listened to my body and tried to endure it might have ended in me losing my band. I had a fluoro and it was "only slight" so we caught it in enough time to just unfill and let things resettle for a couple of weeks. Then I was right as rain and have been since! These monkeys that are eating burgers and freaking jumbo jets a week out of surgery I bet never have a problem. Its murphys law against me or something.....Grrrrr. I haven't been a 100% perfect bandster (I love chocolate and wine too much for that), but I think I've done ok being my Dr's most successful case.....

END RANT

Happy Wednesday!

Edited by She Smiles

I like burgers.

I have to admit that I don't respond to any of those posts about eating. They never really want someone to tell them about the damage they may have done. They just want the rah rah section to sound off on it. I usually will go read them only if you all post a link to it here. Otherwise, I skip the one that even SOUND like the have done something as scary as eating 2 days out.

I hate snow and cold weather. I am a fair weather person. I have gotten worse now since I seem to be colder than ever.