Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

do not shave your head mac

if it didnt work for britney i dont think u can make it work...

pjtp..i just watched a lady who had gastric bypass a few yrs ago eat a whole footlong sub steak and cheese...wow

Morning everyone!

Shaved head requires good shaped skull....I don't have one, so it ain't gonna happen (medical circumstance aside).

Long hair - used to have it, have been brushcut short and waist-long with everything in-between. I (like Kat) prefer wash and go so short it is.

Now off to the Y.

morning all...

PJTP - actual bed REST must be working ... im down a few pounds since Saturday ... the bloat is leaving and my sausage fingers are more links and not patties... :thumbdown:

PJTP - actual bed REST must be working ... im down a few pounds since Saturday ... the bloat is leaving and my sausage fingers are more links and not patties... :thumbdown:

Excellent, LJM!

How is DH coping at home with DD?

Hey Michele, welcome to LBT and the PJTP thread!!!

OMG, SUSAN, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!! WOOT!! :thumbdown:
I've always wanted to shave my head but I'm not brave enough.
Well as has been said, it takes a nice looking head to look nice bald!

I have proof that someone, somewhere in time dropped me on my head, I have a flat spot!!! Seriously! just behind where my part ends, there is a flat spot.....never noticed it, until I was bald!

Now bald with a nice healthy glowing skintone, and some smoky eye make up, with nicely groomed brows and masacara'd eyelashes might present a different picture than that of my sickly green tinted skin and no brows or lashes!!!!!!

Friggin' chemo was not a sexy look!!!

Nope, I like my hair simple. #1 I like just having hair. #2 I do not want to spend much time working with it, I prefer a wash & go.

Mine is long, say mid back---between my shoulders and bra strap. Layered a lot because with my natural curl, it works! I occasionally will use a curling Iron on my bangs and floof them out a bit---otherwise, it is wash, mouse, and go! Slap on some tinted sunscreen, mascara and head out! I used to take more time, do more make up, and worry about my hair....getting lazy in my old age!

Kat

I have no desire to go bald, nope, definitely not for me!! I would love to be able to wash and go. I used to keep perms in my hair so I could wash it and go curly. But, they really dried out my hair so I haven't done that since about 2001. I have incredibly thick hair, so it takes me forever to dry it, which I find terribly annoying. But, not annoying enough to shave it off.

morning all...

PJTP - actual bed REST must be working ... im down a few pounds since Saturday ... the bloat is leaving and my sausage fingers are more links and not patties... :wub:

LJM, that is good. Keep taking care of you!!!

there have been many hot texas days where i have wanted to shave my head - but i just don't have the stones. susan, i have a mop of thick hair as well; always have to get it thinned out when i get a cut because it's SO much. i have been enjoying the short do for a while now.

i have found the best TOOL ever = croc flat Iron, it works on towel dried hair and i'm done in 2-3 minutes. HATE spending too much time; and not a fan of make up either....sunscreen/masacra/cherry chapstick & GO.

ljm - glad the bed rest is doing what it needs to. are they keeping you till you deliver?

ok - more coffee needed.....it's a monday.

PJTP - it must be record....nearly 2 hours and no one has posted!

Boring day at work; slow day at LBT. What shall I do???

pjtp..i just watched a lady who had gastric bypass a few yrs ago eat a whole footlong sub steak and cheese...wow

Omg. How is the world could someone physically do that. I would imagine it would take alot of effort to get back to that point after BP.

I think it'd take me every meal for a week to eat a foot long sub these days! LOL!

2 weeks for me and that's without the bread... JEEZ

morning all...

That's awesome LJM. Glad to hear that all is going well :cheers2:

there have been many hot texas days where i have wanted to shave my head - but i just don't have the stones. susan, i have a mop of thick hair as well; always have to get it thinned out when i get a cut because it's SO much. i have been enjoying the short do for a while now.

i have found the best TOOL ever = croc flat Iron, it works on towel dried hair and i'm done in 2-3 minutes. HATE spending too much time; and not a fan of make up either....sunscreen/masacra/cherry chapstick & GO.

ljm - glad the bed rest is doing what it needs to. are they keeping you till you deliver?

I have thick and for the most part straight hair too. I like the croc as well.

The makeup though I couldn't live without. I would feel sorry for whoever had to see me without it :wub:

And I was met with a "F*CK YOU" post by two of them right off the bat.

There's just something about Beth... I love ya for it though!

BBK - :wub:

LJM - :cheers2:

LuLu - :thumbdown::eek::w00t::tt2:

OH's Rants & Raves is a vast wasteland IMO and not worth the effort to even skim for interesting discussions.

There is a thread on LBT where WasABubbleButt would copy and paste some of the grossest things from OH. It almost made me pass out reading them.

Susan - YAY on the 7 lb weight loss! I'm thinking of the 5 day pouch test myself. I've done it twice before but only lost an average of 3 lbs each time.

I know, I know -- learn to multi-quote...

do not shave your head mac

if it didnt work for britney i dont think u can make it work...

Hey! I've got it ALL OVER on BritBrit!

Excellent, LJM!

How is DH coping at home with DD?

ehh... he's 'coping'... he knows i really dont want to / cant hear a bunch of the negative stuff cause it affects me negatively right now... i know my mom's club is helping out an ENORMOUS amount - taking her pretty much every day this week for at least a couple hours... and they are bringing him dinner tonight...

but - he does have A TON of stuff to do... lots of stuff we planned on doing in January to prepare for DS... so he's busy no matter where he is..

yup, here til i deliver - doc said yesterday it could be next week... hopefully not ... im hoping for the middle of the week after next... just keep him baking a tad longer... but of course, it all depends on my BP - which is great here ... first reading today 138/56...

i agree ... but i need to START the coffee... i need to find a bribable intern to run to 'bux!! :thumbdown:

LJM-I'm glad the bed rest is working.

I would love to shave my head. I don't have the b*lls to do it. My DH would shoot me on sight if I did.

I had a hard time eating a footlong sub before banding, I can't imagine doing it now. There is a new show called Diet Tribe or something like that. One of the women on the "diet" is a previous bypass patient who now weighs almost 300. I can't imagine going through that surgery to gain that much weight. I'm just saying...