Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

i want to smack the crap out of stupid people who say stuff they dont know a damn thing about ...

I thought that's what this country was based on!?!?!?! :biggrin::biggrin:

Well there's just no pleasing you, is there!?!:biggrin:

According to the etiquette searches I did, the host is not obligated to serve it, any more than if the guest brought wine. Whew!! It wasn't a case of not liking it or anything, and I certainly appreciated the thoughtful gesture. I just had Desserts planned (and keeping in the dinner theme). DH is thrilled - more for him to eat!

Good night all - 4am comes early!

Why would anyone bring a dessert to a dinner party anyway, unless asked? As the host, I would naturally expect to be putting that on as part of the dinner! Like you, I would have it planned and am not sure I'd appreciate the gesture. If you have to bring a contribution, surely the tradition is wine or failing that maybe some after-dinner mints?

Gah, I hope people don't think I'm rude if I ever invited to a dinner party in the US - it would never occur to me to bring the dessert!!

Then I guess I'm a double atheist. :biggrin: I hate shopping too.

The recipe is from a friend. She's a foodie and comes up with these recipes all the time. It's really easy:

1.5 cups of a chocolate Reduced Sugar cake mix (I used Pilsbury's RS Devil's Food)

1.5 cups of Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Champion Nutrition's Pro Score 100, but she uses Chike and I think hers taste better)

1 15 oz. can of pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)

Combine the cake mix and the Protein powder, then add in the pumpkin. Stir and stir and stir until you get a sticky mess. (For a while it will look like there isn't enough liquid, but there is.)

Put in mini-muffin pan that was lightly sprayed with PAM and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes. (Pre-heat the oven, of course.)

Makes about 18 muffins.

The cool thing is that you can substitute in any flavor of cake mix any flavor of protein powder to make different flavor muffins. Like Yellow Cake mix and banana protein powder.

A box of cake mix will make two batches of muffins, but there will be some left over. I just threw it out, but I'm guessing you could save it for the next time.

So... the Magic Bullet is a mini-blender. But the cool thing is that it comes with all these cups. You can blend right in the cup and so you don't have to wash both the cup and the blender cup. If you make your shakes with ice, Water and powder and put them in a blender (of any sort), you get a slushy shake that is like a smoothie. They are much tastier.

Alternately, once you mix them, you can put them in the ice cream maker. Then you get a Protein Shake that is the consistency of ice cream.

I have also gotten into adding Torani syrups to my shakes. So I'll buy vanilla and chocolate protein powder and add syrups to get different flavors. I'm drinking one that combines vanilla with white chocolate flavor right now and earlier I had added caramel flavor to a vanilla shake.

Thank You! I will definitely make the muffins. The ice cream sounds awesome. What kind of ice cream machine did you buy? The magic bullet sounds great. I will have to find one!

I use sf DaVinci syrups. They are great! I love the variety of flavors available.

Thanks again for the recipe!

i want to smack the crap out of stupid people who say stuff they dont know a damn thing about ...

I want to smack the crap out of people.

Why would anyone bring a dessert to a dinner party anyway, unless asked?

As a hostess gift. I don't think they are expecting you to serve it. It's just something for you to enjoy later.

What kind of ice cream machine did you buy?

Cuissenart? I'm not sure. I told dh to hide it and give it to me for Christmas. So now it's not available to check.

I use sf DaVinci syrups.< /div>

I think they are Torani syrups with a different brand name. :biggrin:

Edited by MacMadame

Whoooooooo?

yup, LOTS of baby shopping ... his early wardrobe is about 85% complete - - i initially said 95, but hey, who cant use more clothes?? :biggrin: we went to the outlet in Allen ... holy crap i could spend a fortune there. we bought him his first pair of Cons ... size 1, they are about as long as my pinky!! :biggrin:

Make that 86%...there are some goodies coming his way from Oz :scared2:

Whoooooooo?

Make that 86%...there are some goodies coming his way from Oz :biggrin:

....just a relatively new thread in R&R i was reading ... (not that i read any others now) :biggrin:

ohhhh... is it from the Wizard? (you shouldnt have)...

Ahh yeah, found it and posted....actually ranted, but hey, isn't that what we are here for? :biggrin: Idiots need to be put in their spot some times......

And no, not from the Wizard....from Aunty She Smiles, and maybe I shouldn't have, but I did, and its SOOOOOO cute.

You guys are picking on my new thread...I know some people don't have their facts straight but its about confessing not being right...its just for fun

We're not picking on the thread at all SMS, I think it has great potential to be a lot of fun if people post with the intended "fun-ness". But if a newbie reads it, I don't want to be part of them getting incorrect information about banding, their Dr's orders and the commitment needed from them....people are very impressionable and to be honest, some will take anyone's word as gospel when they read it here. The truth is a valuable asset in the banding process.

Edited by She Smiles

For those who love winter, and those sane ones who can't understand the before mentioned crazies, this was my weekend....

post-232159-13813137935392_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm, runs to confession thread to see what is going on...while wondering if it was my cake confession?? Honestly, three of us split it and I only ate a couple of bites. Plus, I had salad for lunch, lol.

Saw the thread, understand, no comment, biting tongue, behaving myself.

I can do this, yes, I know I can!

Wow tap that's a lot of snow..

Still sick ...

Everything is perspective...that was just the Saturday before 10am snowfall (about 4 inches) which isn't too much. It's when that was repeated several times throughout the weekend...and added to the snow already piled high, and with more to come...

Sorry you're still sick.