Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hello everyone!

I have a VERY stupid question so don't be too rough on me. Having never been on Facebook or myspace, what exactly do you do on there?

Course you know the next time I see him, I'ma gonna be dressing him with my eyes... in a cop uniform and gun! :tongue2:

LOL! I am so disappointed that he is retired now! When he was on patrol I would call him and ask "What are you wearing?" :)

I tell him he hit the tri-fecta when he married me

1. Shot

2. Run Over

3. ME

hehehehehehe

Hello everyone!

I have a VERY stupid question so don't be too rough on me. Having never been on Facebook or myspace, what exactly do you do on there?

Since I have Facebook AND MySpace....

Initially I signed up to keep an eye on my teenage daughters who use the sites. But since them I use the sites to keep in touch with friends and family, post pictures to share, chat, listen to music...etc. It is fun and addicting! :tongue2:

Hehe, I so am. But for me, it goes way beyond liking to see these guys in uniform.

There is something very special about people putting their lives on the line for complete strangers. It's spiritual, almost akin to guardian angels and such.

I've always liked and respected them. Are there some bad ones? Sure. I even work with a couple that their own brethren would love to take back behind a shed...

But that doesn't make them all bad. I get very angry at people (and I post elsewhere with a dyed-in-the-wool cop hater) who only have contempt for cops (Donna, not pickin' on you, promise!). I wonder what type of world they would choose to live in, one where there is no police force.

And I think of how many lost their lives in NY on 9/11 because they did not run, and instead ran INTO these buildings to save others. The same goes for our firefighters as well.

I can't say enough good things about our beloved police forces/firefighters/armed forces. You have got to love what you do to do those jobs cuz it sure as hell ain't about the money.

I share your thoughts! My husband and grandfather were on the force. I love professional good guys.

Yeah, but the creepy thing is....He's an accountant!

:tongue2::lol::) hahahaha I needed that laugh this morning! (I actually am a accountant)

Mine's not as great as your NSV, but here's mine: Co-worker brought donuts today and I didn't peek/look/yearn/sniff/want any. Oh, and of course the goodies are starting to come from outside companies and I haven't touched a thing. :blushing:

Ugh, that is the tough part of this time of year. I work for a non-profit, so everyone knows we don't have money :tongue2: and we get tons of food and goodies sent to us. I find it is best to avoid the break room this time of year.

Perk, there is? I love (and use) Firefox! Which one do you use?

We use the term PTO also! I'm sorry you and Diva have been sick. :frown: <spraying Lysol just in case>

I am back to work today, where they don't let me have firefox. When I get home tonight I will try and remember to send you the name of the addon. And, I don't blame you for spraying Lysol, I have been doing the same thing!

Sorry that you have been sick Susan and Diva.:frown:

Thanks, I am finally better and back at work today.

I created a bare bones Facebook account last night. PM on how I can friend you (if you don't want that info on this forum).

Yay, Plain is finally in the Facebook house!!! :sleep2:

Hehe, I so am. But for me, it goes way beyond liking to see these guys in uniform.

There is something very special about people putting their lives on the line for complete strangers. It's spiritual, almost akin to guardian angels and such.

I've always liked and respected them. Are there some bad ones? Sure. I even work with a couple that their own brethren would love to take back behind a shed...

But that doesn't make them all bad. I get very angry at people (and I post elsewhere with a dyed-in-the-wool cop hater) who only have contempt for cops (Donna, not pickin' on you, promise!). I wonder what type of world they would choose to live in, one where there is no police force.

And I think of how many lost their lives in NY on 9/11 because they did not run, and instead ran INTO these buildings to save others. The same goes for our firefighters as well.

I can't say enough good things about our beloved police forces/firefighters/armed forces. You have got to love what you do to do those jobs cuz it sure as hell ain't about the money.

Awesome and worth repeating....I agree 100%!!!

oh oh oh ... i wanna be Plain's friend too... :)

Plain is so darned popular.

Hello everyone!

I have a VERY stupid question so don't be too rough on me. Having never been on facebook or myspace, what exactly do you do on there?

I see ColoradoChick answered the question for you already. Now come on and join us over there! :blink:

Woot, I am finally feeling better today and back at work just in time for the weekend.

PJTP - I am wearing a "normal" size XL from Spiegel today! :):w00t::blushing:

I bought some smaller clothes in anticipation of the drop in weight from the surgery - before banding, I would never have tried it - not even with an XXL! Today, I decided to 'try on' the clothes to see how much farther I needed to go to get into them safely...meaning no buttons threatening to pop and no seams looking stressed.

OMG - they fit me this morning! I am so excited I could scream - so I had to come here to share...I knew y'all would understand...:blink:

Ceradad - I :frown: cops and men in uniform...my very first semi-adult crush was on a cop. I was part of a teen program in high school that had us training to be 'Police Cadets'...Officer McDonald was the hottest thing walking - all the girls wanted him. He was so kind, professional, and that uniform!!!

Married a sailor for some of the same reasons - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE men in uniform! Those 'choker whites' (their summer dress uniform) make them look sooooo good!

My DD has a thing about men in uniform as well (go figure)...when she was young, we'd go to the base to go shopping and she'd call every guy in khakis "Da"...made for some interesting conversations and a couple of temporarily-upset girlfriends until I explained that baby girl couldn't tell them apart until she got up close:lol::sleep2::lol:

I respect our men and women in uniform - being part of a military family (Army / Navy / Marines) plus having random crushes on cops will do that for ya. It's a job I don't think I could do - it takes a special type of person to take the abuse that they do and keep coming back every day, no matter what!

The "goodie patrol" hasn't started here yet - though a co-worker did bring in pies early this week - I resisted! My hubby uses Facebook to keep up with old shipmates and his family in Michigan - it's pretty cool...

Everybody have a terrific day...and weekend!:tongue2:

Cool, thanks! They aren't ALL from Iceland, are they?!? :)

No, but the ones I sent are a rare breed so they almost qualify! LOL

Now if that Lu would just friend us! :tongue2:

happy Friday everyone!

DD and I are going to see "Bolt" this morning... keep your fingers crossed, it's our first trip to the theater and she loves to chat!!

DD went to see it with her friend last weekend and loved it.

LJM, have fun at the movies, I am sure they are used to kids that age chatting. I heard the movie is supposed to be fun.

It was pretty quiet here last night... what happened to all the late night posters? Where is Luluc this morning?