Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Help, I have been sucked into the bowels of hell and cannot seem to drag myself back out!!!

LilMissDiva - Love the new avatar. Great pic.

Help, I have been sucked into the bowels of hell and cannot seem to drag myself back out!!!

I know wherefrom you speak...

Thanks Donna :D It's my Mona Lisa Smile.

Speaking of the bowels of Hell... funny I don't remember seeing you ladies walking the halls of my office.

Posting to say today is Melbourne Cup day. The horse race that stops a nation, and a public holiday to boot. Booyah!

oh she i LOVE horses...my old man is too old to ride. when we bought our ranch, he came along for the ride, and he "we guess" is around 35'ish according to the equine vet.

enjoy your holiday!!!!!

Posting to say today is Melbourne Cup day. The horse race that stops a nation, and a public holiday to boot. Booyah!
You get a public holiday for Melbourne Cup Day? LOL! Typical politician's town!!! I just got back to site today, so was too late to join in any of the sweepstakes and I don't think they're doing much for the day, so no special lunch, no Hat Competitions, no silly horse race games :D. This is one thing I miss about working in the corporate world in the city - Melbourne Cup Day was always good for a free lunch and boozeup at work!

great new pic LMD!!!

Thanks lulu. You're pic is lovely too. I like the cool sunglasses. :D

You get a public holiday for Melbourne Cup Day? LOL! Typical politician's town!!! I just got back to site today, so was too late to join in any of the sweepstakes and I don't think they're doing much for the day, so no special lunch, no Hat Competitions, no silly horse race games :D. This is one thing I miss about working in the corporate world in the city - Melbourne Cup Day was always good for a free lunch and boozeup at work!

Well its actually called "family and community day" here, but its because SO many people took today off to go the races, they thought screw it, lets just make it a public holiday. This is the second year, and there is talk already about abolishing it for next year. Thats going to go down REALLY well. NOT.

I'm in a couple of sweeps at work, but I forgot to look what horses I got haha! I could win this arvo and not even know!

Unless you like the 7 dimensions of hell. Possibly?

A somewhat Goethe reference - wahoo!!!

Thanks Donna :cool2: It's my Mona Lisa Smile.

Speaking of the bowels of Hell... funny I don't remember seeing you ladies walking the halls of my office.

:biggrin: Good one, LMD!!!
oh she i LOVE horses...my old man is too old to ride. when we bought our ranch, he came along for the ride, and he "we guess" is around 35'ish according to the equine vet.

enjoy your holiday!!!!!

Lulu - when you said "my old man" I thought you meant your DH!!!

Well its actually called "family and community day" here, but its because SO many people took today off to go the races, they thought screw it, lets just make it a public holiday. This is the second year, and there is talk already about abolishing it for next year. Thats going to go down REALLY well. NOT.

I'm in a couple of sweeps at work, but I forgot to look what horses I got haha! I could win this arvo and not even know!

What is arvo, pls? Wondering if it's bigger than the Kentucky Derby. The Derby is on a Saturday and I think it's only big in Eastern Kentucky and in the horsing world though! A friend used to own a horse magazine so I'll ask her! Sounds like yours is a much bigger deal!

OMFH - I have had THREE candidate calls since I've been home. Bitter!

Now my just to post - today was my first day back at the saltmine. I am some kind of tired. By the time I got through Atlanta traffic, my port site was sore!!! But alas, I lived through, right? :biggrin:

Lastly - Lulu, please promise me that you will drag me out of any new or existing political threads by my hair! It's quite long now so it won't be difficult to grab!!! I simply must stop beating a dead horse. Get it - HORSE! <see I'm very tired and therefore, very corny> :D

i had SEVEN today ... i finally took the phone off the hook. we'll put it back on tomorrow early evening.

A somewhat Goethe reference - wahoo!!!

:cool2: Good one, LMD!!!

Lulu - when you said "my old man" I thought you meant your DH!!!

What is arvo, pls? Wondering if it's bigger than the Kentucky Derby. The Derby is on a Saturday and I think it's only big in Eastern Kentucky and in the horsing world though! A friend used to own a horse magazine so I'll ask her! Sounds like yours is a much bigger deal!

Now my just to post - today was my first day back at the saltmine. I am some kind of tired. By the time I got through Atlanta traffic, my port site was sore!!! But alas, I lived through, right? :biggrin:

Lastly - Lulu, please promise me that you will drag me out of any new or existing political threads by my hair! It's quite long now so it won't be difficult to grab!!! I simply must stop beating a dead horse. Get it - HORSE! <see I'm very tired and therefore, very corny> :D

"Arvo" is simply slang/short for afternoon. It's generally pronouced all as one word with "this", as in "Whatcha doin thissarvo?", i.e. "What are you doing this afternoon?" Occasionally the "thi" bit gets dropped, as in "Whatcha doin sarvo?"

Melbourne Cup Day is huge here - I think the quote "The Race that Stops the Nation" came from one of our Prime Ministers, Bob Hawke (or was that when he was talking about the America's Cup, She Smiles??). Basically, just about every office in the country will have a luncheon put on, big TV screens brought in and sweepstakes betting, etc. People who would never place a bet otherwise, will have a bet on the Melbourne Cup. Our daily newspaper in Perth, Western Australia (so on the other side of the country from Melbourne) has an 8 page wraparound special feature for the Cup, as do most papers in the country. Heck, I can even remember the teachers bringing the TV's into the classroom in PRIMARY school (our elementary school) and watching it then (going back to early 70's there!)

A major feature of the day is the "fashion parade" from all the socialites who go to the races on the day - that will make its own news story in the nightly news, in addition to reporting the race. Think the Ascot race scene in My Fair Lady :biggrin:. The Hat Competition is a big part of that and most offices will run their own little spinoffs as a fun game - the bigger and more outrageous the hat, the better!

*edits*

It might give you an idea of how seriously we take MCD, when you see this site that is written and hosted by the GOVERNMENT! LOL!! http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/melbournecup/

Edited by Fanny Adams

oh good grief..., aren't you cold in your avtr??

Yes. Yes I am. New winter avi coming soon.

Okay, I know I'm grouchy because I'm having one of my bad days (overdid it on the treadmill, still can't get in all my fluid), but still....

I'm so SICK of threads on another board that shall remain nameless that are about how the person isn't having any troubles and it SCARES THEM because obviously something is WRONG. Oh please, like I believe that. You are just bragging. Or a moron. So STFU.

Mac = funny. Cranky Mac = funnier.

Plain, put some clothes on!!!! Was that one of your sitting naked, eating cheetos while weeping photos?

I had actually just gotten the cheetos out. The weeping / self loathing had not yet commenced.

OMG Susan! That's too funny!! LOL (in reference to naked cheeto man)

Hey no piling on the insults after a protracted absence!

OMG - He is gorgeous.....and I want him.

Tap, please.....we are both married, so let's not make this any more difficult.

Explain to me why a middle schooler-teenager came up begging for candy at 10:50pm!?! WTH?

Because it's CANDY!!

***dancing around office singing*** I knew right from the beginning... that you would end up winning...I knew right from the start...you'd put an arrow, through my heart...

Sorry, that song is stuck in my head (courtesy of some 80s thing I watched). I thought I would share the wealth....bwahahahaha

Ah hells yeah!! Ratt!! I <heart> 80's music.

OK so question, ladies....

How can I be on liquids and gain friggen weight? WTH? Thoughts?

Because *awesome* weighs more than fat. Thought you knew that? BTW, "nicey"-type statements are rare, so don't expect another for awhile....

Ha!!! That was a good one! If this one person wasn't going, I would so do that!!!!

Ok, I'll back out.

Posting just to say HELLO!! I've not posted just to post in awhile, so I thought I would just post just to post.

SOMEbody has a cool new avi!! I like it!

i had SEVEN today ... i finally took the phone off the hook. we'll put it back on tomorrow early evening.

Well, sniff, I wasn't home today and sniff, I didn't know it was a competition!!! :biggrin:

She - sounds like a lot of fun! Though I can't stand wearing hats. :D

BTW what kind of car did you get; did you ever say?