Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week since I’ve gotten my sleeve I’m new here!

Hi everyone I am new to the app, I had my surgery 3/26/18. I don’t know about everyone but I have been having complications within my first week. My pain in unbearable, I can’t sleep, I can’t eat ( not even my liquids, Vitamins and can barely keep down water!) has anyone else had these problems?

WELCOME and call your surgeon!

Some people just have a rough start, but you call the office for some follow up to be sure.

Hi laconnie7 have you talked to your Dr about this, im almost at 1 month and to be honest only had pain first 3 days, i slept like a rock and even though it was hard got to meet my liquids most of the time so best thing you could do right now is go talk to your Dr just to make sure everything is ok. everything gets better as time goes on

WELCOME and call your surgeon!
Some people just have a rough start, but you call the office for some follow up to be sure.

Thank you I have indeed contacted them I’ve been waiting for them to call me back on further instructions

Hi laconnie7 have you talked to your Dr about this, im almost at 1 month and to be honest only had pain first 3 days, i slept like a rock and even though it was hard got to meet my liquids most of the time so best thing you could do right now is go talk to your Dr just to make sure everything is ok. everything gets better as time goes on

I have contacted my dr, I also have a best friend who has had the sleeve for over a year. She told me she didn’t have pain or discomfort this amount of time either. I’ve been googling a lot of things, but it’s frustrating feeling this bad after a week. I’m suppose to be on soft foods and I can’t even tolerate drinking Water without pain

what did your Dr tell you? is it gas pain? have you been walking? and try to take Google with a grain of salt

MiltonP my Dr’s nurse actually called me, she took more information the second time and she said it sounds like im severely dehydrated, I should be able to take in more liquids and tolerated my Vitamins. She said she’s going to tell my surgeon but they are thinking of admitting me back into the hospital for a few days!

I had my sleeve 3/23 and haven’t had much pain. Mainly one incision that was longer than the others has been uncomfortable. I do feel some gas after drinking some liquids and feel the need to burp but no intense pain. I am ready for more than liquids. I hope you get some help soon!

Betcha that's the incision they pulled your stomach out through, that one always heals slower and stays tender longest. When I had my tubal ligation I swore my navel would never heal up and it itched. Used to rub it with a Q-tip. Funny hadn't thought about THAT for years![emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

@frust8 I was thinking that was the one they pulled the stomach out. They definitely itch and I scratch before I realize it. Qtip is a good idea!!

All of them look really good though. I have no complaints. I’m just tired of liquids!!!

I had my sleeve 3/23 and haven’t had much pain. Mainly one incision that was longer than the others has been uncomfortable. I do feel some gas after drinking some liquids and feel the need to burp but no intense pain. I am ready for more than liquids. I hope you get some help soon!

Awww thank you so much! I definitely get the gas in my stomach after drinking a few sips, I hope you get soft foods soon!!!!! Day 7 I can have them and I’m not able to tolerate them